Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hope it subsides soon hun, I can't help I was one of the horrible mares who has never been sick in pregnancy. I got a tiny bit of nausea for a week or 2 this time but a woman I work with swears by crystallized ginger and/or a big bag or assorted mints!

Thanks. I cant have sugar, however I did find a ginger ale with apple juice as a sweetner. It helps, but I swear I didnt have any last time with ds.

Sorry about your sickness. I am the opposite of chuck and have it 24/7 throughout the whole pregnancy! Naturally I found no way to relieve it other than being asleep!

mmmm sleep...now how does that work again?

hahaha i felt like i havent slept in years. i tried for a early night last night and that didnt work :/

MIL has been here for a few days so she's been on night duty with Dewi...nice but I still dont get much sleep. I've either got heartburn, I'm uncomfy, need to pee or have a random pain somewhere....but often in my ribs front and back on the right side...someone seems to enjoy jamming his bottom/feet up there just like dewi did.

Well I shall send positive vibes your way for well-sleeping babies. Mine is an angel compared to Byron. At his peak (trough?) he was sleeping only 9 hours, all in the day. They were tough times.

Well I shall send positive vibes your way for well-sleeping babies. Mine is an angel compared to Byron. At his peak (trough?) he was sleeping only 9 hours, all in the day. They were tough times.

Ouch!

Dewi was an ok sleeper he would always do his best sleeping in the evening so we (me and hubby) always got to sit down and eat a hot meal together, but he wouldn't ever go more than a few hours over night and we weren't BF'ing either (stoopid morphine and tongue tie!).

It took until around the 8 maybe 9 month mark to knock out the remaining night feeds and get him to go through more often than not.

But he goes through phases of waking in the night still, there's always something isnt there? He has this horrible habit of standing up in the night if he wakes - he screams if he's standing up as he doesnt seem able to work out how to lay back back down on his own LOL

Byron was too early, I am certain of it, everything was out of sorts. Once we started cosleeping it was fine and he was sleeping through about 12 weeks til near weaning time. Was good again after that but since I went back to work in Nov 2009 has slept I would say about 60 nights right through and most of those were this year! Indigo I can just forget about! :rofl:

I cant keep up, lol. Nausea has got me in shambles. Do I eat? Yes nausea will go away. Oh crap its worse now that I ate.

The nausea was the worst part for my previous pregnancy, even including the terrible birth experience, but this time it really went to town. So I feel your pain! This time I had it from 6-23weeks, and lost just over a stone. The only thing I could stomach was an old tin of slim fast milkshake from the back of my cupboard, so I lived on them for a while. Couldn't even think about food, not ginger, peppermint or anything else.

God only knows how some women cope getting it throughout their whole labour.

Good luck with your pregnancy and fingers crossed it subsides at 12weeks :flower:

I've got an identical pic to those Celeste and Chuck, I didn't get any skin to skin either and was so upset they had got my baby dressed, and I'd had it on my birth plan, not that that meant anything it seemed. If I have any moments of doubt remembering these times although upsetting gives me the strength and determination again :)

It's 4:34am and I have had a very broken sleep for about an hour. DH and I DTD just before bed and then I felt a trickle. I thought it was leftovers but it kept coming for a while and has a pink tinge and was accompanied by contractions. Stayed in bed with them coming every 5-8 minutes apart until I couldn't breath through it laying down. It is amazing how much walking around and even just sitting up has made it bearable. Left DH to sleep. Not sure how far apart now but still coming which is good.

I hope I can keep it up and I might have my baby on Mother's Day (that's today in Australia- not sure about the rest of the world).

Oh no you cheeky mare!

You cant win, I haven't even had niggles even in days...huff i doubt I'll convince hubby to try and climb on, we abandoned our last attempt LOL! Plus he's running a marathon tomorrow so will want rest or be too tired.

Hope all goes well hun, keep us updated if and when you can!

Thinking of you and how great this labour and birth will be!

Lol, I mentioned to DH that if he misses his chance it could be a few months before another chance comes along. Didn't mention that actually doing it might be a cause of things starting off.

Contractions were coming every 4 minutes up until the last one which was 7 minutes apart. I figure I can't be too far into anything if I am still sitting here reading through BnB.

goodluck Rmar! i got to 6cm still texting people and laughing and joking through them and they were irregular, so you could well be doing quite a lot!

me and DH have decided today we're keeping our pool for No.2! how exciting :D. We were going to sell it and then in the future if we wanted to buy another, but it was such a fab experience having Alex at home theres no way I won't aim for that again next time, so we've re-pumped the pool up today to doubly ensure its totally dry (good job we did too as were couple damp patches!) and folded it away neatly all ready for our next baby whenever that might be!

So can't wait to do it all again!

well missy if you're going to do this before me blimmin well get going. Get off your butt and get contracting!

shift that tushie up and down some stairs and do some nipple stimulation.

I demand baby pics by the time it gets to morning here!

...dont make me get out the teacher finger and wag it!

Best of luck Rmar!!

Caro I love your positivity :)

Chuck, you won't be hanging around for long I'm sure... then I can claim my rightful place in the queue :)

Good luck rmar! I too was on here til about 18 hours in, all irregular, then everything happened in just a couple of hours.

Oh no you cheeky mare!

You cant win, I haven't even had niggles even in days...huff i doubt I'll convince hubby to try and climb on, we abandoned our last attempt LOL! Plus he's running a marathon tomorrow so will want rest or be too tired.

Hope all goes well hun, keep us updated if and when you can!

Thinking of you and how great this labour and birth will be!

I watched documentary about sex and sports once apparently men perform better in sport after having sex. Where as women perform worse. So just tell him the he needs to do it to run better!

I watched documentary about sex and sports once apparently men perform better in sport after having sex. Where as women perform worse. So just tell him the he needs to do it to run better!

bwahahahah no chance, honestly we abandoned the last attempt, to be honest I was glad I was getting much out of it apart from raging heartburn!

Plus it was ******* boiling last night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->