Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Huge Congratulations Rmar!!! Well done Mummy!
XXX

Chuck, hope things are moving along. Maybe you should play in the wardrobe and then have a long nap like Dewi!? lol XXx

Chuck, hope things are moving along. Maybe you should play in the wardrobe and then have a long nap like Dewi!? lol XXx

I dont think I'd fit in the wardrobe and as for the nap - chance would be a fine thing!

Actually I slept fairly well last night despite the heat, shame Dewi wanted to wake up at 4am.

We are on team :pink: im absolutely thrilled to bits :) :) :) :)

:pink: :pink: :pink:

Congrats Rmar, look forward to the birth story!!

Don't worry about me leapfrogging you chuck, apparently ain't going to happen soon!

Disappointing midwife appointment yesterday - well, it's all relative, and I am still well and baby is very well, so it was a happy one really. Baby hadn't engaged any further down, was still 4/5ths palpable and midwife (my usual one who has been so good and encouraging to me) at first seemed surprised he hadn't got down any lower. I explained he was still turning about (one minute he's LOA, next ROA, then he's posterior, cycles through this at least twice a day) and she said that would make sense, as he's probably just trying to tuck his chin before he descends. All makes sense and nothing I didn't already know... so why was it such a disappointment that he wasn't further down? I was just so emotional after it yesterday and felt like crap all day. She also commented how tender I was on the pubic bone - well I only told her at my 25 week appointment about the pain I was in, and she dismissed it as nothing at the time! Finally gave me a bit of tubigrip to hold my belly up and it takes loads of the pressure off when walking... but I'm thinking, don't I want a bit of pressure and movement in the belly region at this late stage?!

Felt much better emotionally this morning but OH was a bit down in the dumps this afternoon (or so I thought, but he reassures me he is OK - men have funny ways of showing things sometimes). Getting painful braxton hicks again which I hadn't been all weekend. Felt lots of cervix-y type pains, one near enough knocked my off my feet, and he's been happily anterior all day. Impatient to meet my son now, it feels like the only thing that would cheer me up right now is labour :sad2:

:hugs: Rachiedata - I remember feeling like that last time

My LO is doing lots of moving about too, anything but getting head down :wacko: keeps going from transverse to breech to oblique - I'm driving DH mad with doing spinningbaby moves :haha::blush:

:hugs: rachie. If it helps my girl was mostly rop with some shuftying about to the left every now and then right up until labour. She did arrive and arrived oa. I also felt utterly miserable the day before my show and labour starting do you never know.

Not a bad day here, Mum has been here helping with Dewi which is nice to have a rest as she's been doing some housework and took Dewi to the park for a run around this morning which he loves but I struggle with now.

Had MW this afternoon, not the amazing one but she's still good...BP good NAD in urine, FHR good. At the time he had his back to my right but on front (yay) and head 3/5ths palpable.

So all going in the right direction I guess.

No more niggles, a few tightenings today as I've done a fair bit of walking today, booked in to see MW in 2 weeks but if I want a sweep when I hit 41 weeks I can pop up to the birth centre and a MW will do one then.

Hopefully wont get that far! Hubby is making vindaloo at the weekend - and boy does he make vindaloo so we'll smoke the bugger out!

Rachie, my notes say I was ROA for the birth and ROT 6 days before the birth. I don't remember feeling any less pressure off my lungs in the week leading up to the birth and I was 3/5 at my last appointment.

My little girl is enjoying her new found milk supply and keeps coming away with milk dribbling down her face. It stopped being really painful to latch on this morning and now it feels rather nice. I put a bra on for the first time, about half an hour ago and feel very supported. Still only getting out of bed to shower and toilet. It is really nice having all of my meals brought to me and washing done for me. MIL just brought over enough meals for the next few days.

I admit, I am on a feeding high right now because in the middle of the night, I was feeling a bit down about waking and then she fell asleep after a 2 hour feed and slept for 3 hours. I had a really refreshing sleep so that by the time she woke up, I was happy again. I do remember thinking that I wish she would dissapear for a few hours and then come back in the morning and I felt really guilty for feeling that way but I'm sure it is normal after not sleeping.

:hugs: for your tricky night rmar and yes everyone has those moments. With both babies I found night the worst. Neither would latch properly at night so I'd be exhausted and in a lot of pain and we'd both be crying. But it really does get easier. At 17 days I'm able to get Indigo latched ok in the dark for most feeds - it's awful getting the light on in the night while she pisses around at my nipple! Glad you're feeling jolly again today though.

When do we get glow ion the dark nipples then...surely that can be genetically engineered right?

Now that would be really handy - but you'd also need glow-in-the-dark baby lips too?!

Today I am mostly being a mechanic! Our car has failed it's MOT on the lights.. So the plan is to fit the new lights ourselves and save some money (garage wanted £200 labour to put them in). I say ourselves, but OH doesn't really have the time when he gets home at night and DD is at her most busy then before bed.. so I'm going to attempt it myself with DD and a Hannes Manual to get the old ones off and put the new ones in - how hard can it be???!? lol
XxX

i'm up for milk coming out of fingers! they're already tougher, you've like 8 to chose from if one does get sore (thumb would prob be a bit awkward!) and its way more discrete in public! my LO tries his best to suck my fingers but gets quite cross when nothing comes out :haha:

we're still struggling with the feeding a bit 4 weeks on :dohh:, it is easier than it was but I'm still quite sore :dohh:, we;ll get there though, i'm not giving up on it!

Hmmmm ok I'm up for trying to petition some lab somewhere to engineer glow in the dark nips, lips and milk producing fingers.

What country with slightly dubious morals do you think would be best?

Good luck with the car Bourne, its so frustrating you need car but its costs a fortune! Hubby hates that he's pretty useless with cars. He's a dab hand with most DIY BUT CARS are something entirely different. He wishes he could do more.

i'll join that petition! right now my wriggly son is firmly attached-ouch! he just never stays still!

good luck with the car bourne! x

Ah the gas man has finally gone.

We've been renting this house for a couple years now and each time we've tried to have the gas fire reconnected in the front room its been met with silence, it turns out after much prodding that it wasnt condemned or anything just disconnected as previous tennants had the front room as a bedroom.

But finally the gas man came to do his yearly checks and reconnected it for us....but its taken him an AGE as it was sooooo dusty and dirty. He told me if next year he has to spend so long hoovering it he'll give me detention LOL!

My poor Mum has been out with Dewi for ages because he's been here with his tools all over the front room, she'll be pooped!

Thanks for the support girls - his position isn't bothering me because I know he's obviously just doing what he has to to get right for the big day - it's bothering me that I'm being an emotional wreck!! Had a right meltdown during the night, poor OH is getting the full on scary crying pregnant woman treatment and he hasn't done a thing to deserve it. These are our last few days being 'just us' and I can't seem to enjoy them!

Good luck with the car fixing Bourne, it's ridiculous how much it costs just to keep the bloody things on the road. Now that I'm unable to carry the shopping home I've bought a proper old woman's shopping trolley - except floral pink and lime green - and the rest of my week will be planned around opportunities to use it! :)

argh i need this baby to eff off somewhere whether that be out of me or just positioned someplace else.

My ribs are killing me it feels like Ive been beaten up.

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

that is all.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back