Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh and I think ive found a doula :happydance: Shes one of those who refuses to work outside Bristol, but shes an ex midwife and sounds great so I pretty much begged - said Id come to her and pay for taxis. We're gonna meet up some time to have a chat about it all. If not then theres other options, had a mail from someone up the M5 about half an hour

oh gawd i didnt think about the bloody weather in december. knowing my luck itll be 4 ft deep in snow. I do love snow but wont be able to jump about in it and itll make everything shit! Stupid hubby knocking me up then :p I swear he waited until it'd be near his bday - Im due 1 day before his.

I think they teach MW etc to use words like 'let' and 'allow' so that ppl think theres no choice. They rly are only interested in getting a healthy baby out which I understand but there are ways and ways!

If its like last year I don't know what I will do. I reckon I'd probably want to go in cos of the difficulty of transferring in the snow, especially if no midwife was coming....but how would we even get there? And if no one could get to us to look after DD then I may end up having to go in alone. Or maybe we would have to walk and take DD with us. Or maybe OH would have to deliver the baby by watching a Utube video. I think I need to stop thinking about it as its really scary thought.

I reckon get an ambulance out if its that bad - theyll get through no matter what. its a long time off tho and probably wont be anywhere like last year.

ive just started to panic!
is anyone else here rhes neg?
well im O- so i have to have a anti d injection after the birth if the baby is + so im just wondering if anyones had a homebirth and what happened after regarding the injection?

I'm A neg. You know it was never even brought up by my MW's.

I'm guessing it would be carried out like in the hospital where the MW would take blood and if you need the anti-d you'd have to go get it in clinic a day or so alter.

I got bloods taken after the birth and was given the shot just before discharge after I told the Paed I needed to find out my bloods as I was neg.

...last time with the CS I was given a shot regardless and then the took more bloods to check again.

my mw hasnt bought it up either which worried me because shes nice but doesnt seem to be the best for the job lol

im going to have to bring it up to her at our next appointment.....which she wrote down wrong on my notes so ive got to chase that up:/
with zane i had the bloods taken and anti d just before i was discharged aswel, so i think i need the anti d within 72 hours as thats the space of time that my blood might attack my uterus....sounds lovely doesnt it hahaha

well im joining here my mw has booked me in for a homebirth today!! shes lovely the mat unit is 10mins away in car max so proberly 5mins blue light. my mw is lovely though and said i can even text her out of hours and she will respond and thats pre delivery stuff

how are you all finding these lovely mw, mine, my friends, other bump buddies on here have all had total bitches whove basically said well youll probably mc anyway so its a waste of time me doing this paperwork even.

thats rly good news tho :)

my mw is supportive of a homebirth but crap at everything else lol

is it because they deal with happy pregnant couples all day and want to squash our spirits?

in peterborough the mw's are being really pushed to go for homebirths lol she has not done paperwork while i was in there but its all over my notes HOMEBIRTH! lol at 36weeks she will come to my house do the tick list etc, 26weeks we wright the proper birth plan. She was not suposed to use the doppler on me today but she did because i was concerend. my booking in mw was called the waterbirth guru lol

Celesse, I think I'm at the point that (when we are lucky enough to be expecting again) if I were due in potentially snowy weather, I think I'd be hoping the midwife couldn't get to me and I could have a blissful unassisted birth. DH would never agree to it on purpose, but I can fantasize! I can't wait to be planning a homebirth again, but DH won't hear of pregnancy until he's been stationed. But I wanna be pregnant nowwwwww!

Saw my lovely MW today and one of her other HBACers did it this week, home waterbirth!

She discharged me, I feel a bit sad that if we stick to 'the plan' that was the last MW appt I'll ever have. It's only just sunk in that I may never do it all again. The journey I've made over the past 3 years has been incredible in so many ways, it feels strange that that part is over.

To those considering not having a Hb Due to adverse weather consider this.....

If the trust cancel the home birth service because it's too treacherous to get mws to home births, would you battle your way to hospital and potentially give birth in a car stuck in snow or ice in sub zero temps???!! We had this last year and fortunately my clients all put their own safety and that of their unborn children first. There is no way I would try to get a woman to hospital in bad weather!! No way!! I know who's more vulnerable between a labouring woman and newborn in freezing temps and a MW in an ambulance 4x4....

I do get what you mean but what are you supposed to say when they say that theyre not sending a MW out and your doula is snowed in too. Its not likely to happen for me at least, but I suppose this argument can apply to a lot of things - if they tell you no what to do?

surly if no one can get to u for ur homebirth u wudnt be able to get to the hospital so instead of risking getting stuck in snow and giving birth in ur car on the side or middle of the road. ur safer to do it at home with ur oh on the phone to a mw while a ambulance trys to get to u

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->