Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

a ambulance wil always try to get to people, but id think if u were really ready to pop with no warning then ur oh would be coached by the mw over the phone to deliever the baby

So once theyve decided not to send MW thats it, you cant argue with them at all?

(not being argumentative btw, just being curious :) )

if they actualy cant get out of the hospital which i hughly doubt then they arent in control of that but they would try obviously!
im not a hospital so i dont have all the answers lol

get reading...LOL it is very unlikey that things would to the point where you would be unassisted so dont worry!!

Babies have been successfully born without assistance for millenia plus didnt a daddy deliver his baby using youtube videos to show him what to do not so ling back? great thing the tinternet!

https://books.google.com/books?id=F...m=5&sqi=2&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

We spoke to our midwife this morning about homebirth and she was incredibly supportive of our choice and she put my mind at ease about a couple of little niggles so it looks like it's all systems go for us!

Look under the 'shortage of mws' section on the 'can I have a home birth if...' area of www.homebirth.org.uk you absolutely can insist they send one and in a nutshell you'd say I am in labour, I plan to give birth at home and I expect you to send a MW. They will get one to you or an ambulance with paramedics. The mws don't necessarily come from the hospital. They live in your community and even of they arent on duty, if someone was walking distance from you they'd call on them or get an emergency responder to get them to you. There are Independent mws who they use as 'bank mws'. At the end of the day while they have a difficult job to do, yours is infinitely more difficult! They are not putting their lives in the kind of danger you would be putting yours and your unborn child's in fighting to get to a hospital. Stay put.

Hi everyone. I am hoping for a homebirth. My first labour was picture perfect, laboured at home until seven or eight cm dialated then crossed the street and gave birth at the hospital with my midwives. My total labour lasted 6 hours so the midwives suggested that this time, with such a quick birth with my first things could go much faster with my second... And seeing as I am 45 minutes away from hospital I should consider a homebirth!

I have always been in love with the idea but it never occured to me that I could do it. I am tentatively excited. I know I can do it unmedicated with no medical intervention. So... Why not do it in my own home? I look forward to reading about your experiences and getting to know some of you who had a natural homebirth.

Btw my name is Tiffany. :)

Pssst.... We're TTC! I'll be damned if I don't get that achiever pic! hehe

Edit: Don't say anything on FB though, please!

Yayyyyy!!! Oh it's so nice to see more of the originals coming back for round 2!! You will sooooo get it Amanda!! I wish I were closer and I'd throw my hat in the running for your Doula! x

Yayyyyy!!! Oh it's so nice to see more of the originals coming back for round 2!! You will sooooo get it Amanda!! I wish I were closer and I'd throw my hat in the running for your Doula! x

You never know, it's possible you could be. Not a clue where James will be posted (or when I'll get that BFP, for that matter!) yet. I wonder if you have any tips to help get me knocked up though?

I've been on the mini-pill, which I'll stop taking now. My periods haven't come back though. Jack is 15-months-old and breastfeeds anywhere from 3-6 hourly, often still has a feed or two at night (we co-sleep). We're nowhere near ready to quit breastfeeding, but I wondered if any of you had tips to help fertility be at its best?

Need to order some Pre-Seed, check my agnus castus stock and was just told about something called Maca (?).

I was bf Hebe still and my periods came back when we started BLW....I came off the mini pill to TTC and was preggers in 2 weeks :D. Oh get up north girl!! I'd love to be your doula!!

in peterborough the mw's are being really pushed to go for homebirths lol she has not done paperwork while i was in there but its all over my notes HOMEBIRTH! lol at 36weeks she will come to my house do the tick list etc, 26weeks we wright the proper birth plan. She was not suposed to use the doppler on me today but she did because i was concerend. my booking in mw was called the waterbirth guru lol

Lesleyann, :hi: I'm in P'boro too and planning a homebirth although I have nothing on my notes, don't think they believe I will do it due to my previous birth, so haven't had any home visits or discussions! I'm glad they are good about homebirths in general though, shame I haven't seen any evidence of it!

Hi to all the new faces, only just got back online. Time is flying now, won't be long!

I was bf Hebe still and my periods came back when we started BLW....I came off the mini pill to TTC and was preggers in 2 weeks :D. Oh get up north girl!! I'd love to be your doula!!

Let's hope me coming off the mini pill does me the same way! I've got a month to try to make a baby before he's away on basic training for nine weeks. Then, he has 20 weeks of trade training (only half hour away, that one), although we don't know when it starts yet. After the trade training, he'll be stationed. So, I figure it'll be Feb/March time that we get somewhere, and hopefully we'll know a couple of months beforehand where that'll be. If we get sent up north, you know it's you! :thumbup:

Just need to figure out what I was supposed to be doing when TTC, as I've managed to forget. Ordered the Pre-Seed, found a few EPO capsules left over (though can't remember when/how many to take) and need to get some agnus castus.

And this ought to make for some home birth planning entertainment: likely falling pregnant in Folkestone and then moving who-knows-where before delivery. I guarantee you that, at my booking appointment, they'll know my baby's being born at home though. I can't wait to put into practice what I've learned is best for me: no internals, no induction of any sort.

I never did any of that. :lol:

:sex: every other day from CD6 ish or as soon as AF leaves till CD17/18. hit the jackpot on cycle 3 with Emily, 2 with heebs and first cycle with Sid! Must have got better each time!!

No preseed or anything but I did check my cervix daily other than that I bought cheap slutty underwear from primarni to keep him interested!!

Woohoo!!! Rachie, Congratulations!¬ What a brilliant birth. Your OH sounds like he did almost as good a job as you did! ;-)

Welcome to the world Charlie!

(What fantastic news to come back to after holidays!)

Welcome to the thread Lesleyann and Tiffany!

And.. Woop Manda on trying again! Xxx

I really can’t figure out who the birthing-batton is going to next?

XxXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->