Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i cant keep track of whos due next either. im due in 10 weeks tho which is scary :S

Thing is, MM, I don't know what day I'm on since I've not had a period or anything.

Funny thing though. I did some cheapie OPK and HPT tests early this afternoon. Both negative. To be fair, I waited for the dye to filter across, looked for maybe a minute and then left them. But as I was getting in my pj's a bit ago, I went to have a pee and saw the tests. And there's a faint positive line on the HPT now. And I have no idea when it got there. So, now I'm going to have to take another when I get up at stupid o'clock for work tomorrow. And, to be completely honest, I have missed a day here and there with my mini-pill (most recently Wednesday night when LO was unwell), and you are supposed to take them within three hours of the time they were taken the day before. Oooops?

Could be an evap line if it was a while after you POAS. How funny if you were already knocked up!! :rofl:

Could be an evap line if it was a while after you POAS. How funny if you were already knocked up!! :rofl:

Yes, that's what I wondered. Will have to do one first thing in the morning and then look at it before I leave. Then, if there's any question, I'm sure I can nip to somewhere in maternity and get another one! Or maybe not, since the people we deal with are obviously already pregnant or have just given birth. :shrug:

Would be funny though. And what a good money saving idea in these penny pinching times!

in peterborough the mw's are being really pushed to go for homebirths lol she has not done paperwork while i was in there but its all over my notes HOMEBIRTH! lol at 36weeks she will come to my house do the tick list etc, 26weeks we wright the proper birth plan. She was not suposed to use the doppler on me today but she did because i was concerend. my booking in mw was called the waterbirth guru lol

Lesleyann, :hi: I'm in P'boro too and planning a homebirth although I have nothing on my notes, don't think they believe I will do it due to my previous birth, so haven't had any home visits or discussions! I'm glad they are good about homebirths in general though, shame I haven't seen any evidence of it!

Hi to all the new faces, only just got back online. Time is flying now, won't be long!

Maybe it still depends on the Mw area you are in no idea lol but both mw's ive seen have been very very Pro homebirth. My now mw even went as far to say as its to risky for me to go to hospital lol because i was 9cm in 2hours lol she does not want me to give birth in November on the side of a snowy road :haha: I have the North team midwifes.. Westwood/Bretton/Gunthorpe etc

I lived in bretton when I was wee!! My sister was born in Peterborough. :)

ive never lived in bretton but have family who have. Not many people i talk to online even know where peterborough is haha

FFS! since moving into my house ive had nothing but trouble with the boiler :( now ive had it on all day and its not even heating my water, im now so worried i wont get my water birth because i wont have any hot water :'(
dont care about the time ive just sent my landlord a very nasty text

Speak to Anababe! Exact same thing happened to her the week before her birth. We got that water birth :)

1981 we left Bretton for Yorkshire. Never been to Peterborough since! I've got some vague memories of there. When we move there it had literally just been built!

Speak to Anababe! Exact same thing happened to her the week before her birth. We got that water birth :)

ive got 10 weeks till due date but this stupid boilers been playing up for 3 months because the landlord sends round a cowboy!
because i rent thru the army ile get hold of them aswel n make sure its fixed lol

i was really lookin forward to a bath tonight :(

Sorry to hear about your boiler Moomin, a nightmare I know, but I also know there can't be another more motivated person than a pregnant women who wants a bath!! Get on to them with gusto! You will get it sorted; hook or by crook ;-)
XxX

ive sent the landlord a text and i will be giving him a nasty call tomo! bloody sick of this stupid boiler. how many times does he think he can get away with not gettting this thing fixed....this is the second time weve been without heating and hot water.

a 2 yr old boy needs to have a bath and so do i:growlmad:

thanks for adding me to the thread and hello ladies! this will be my first homebirth and im having a water birth also. im very excited and loving reading people experiences and tips etc!

Hi again!! I'm going to be attempting my home birth...again! Hopefully to stay home the entire labour/birth this time! :)

I'm for sure getting a new La Bassine this time, because I had a Sevylor Electra last time and it had two punctures and DH had to keep blowing it up :haha: And I spent a lonnnng time in the pool!

So, hey! :)

Ok so the labour baton is safely back in the drawer waiting for the right time to poke...but where in the heck is the postpartum magic wand eh?

I am so done with poor bladder control, lochia and mood swings.

..Moomin when it comes to getting your boiler fixed try not to be too nasty things tend to move quicker if you keep people on side. BUT do be forceful, keep a record of every communication - write down any phone conversations and run through any details they have given you at the end of the call with the person and then confirm the conversation in writing so theres no confusion about whats been said and when.

There's no way you should be left with no hot water, just keep reminding them that youre pregnant!

Chuck I need the pp wand too. :( 5 weeks and I don't know what's going on but it's a bloody letdown after all the time planning a natural birth. I thought recovery might be quicker this time.

HUGS PB...I shouldn't complain, most of the aches and pains have gone, undercarriage doesn't sting at all and i'm in too bad shape but ergh I want my foof to feel fresh again...thats not such a bad thing to want is it? LOL

My pelvis/coccyx is still a bit achey and bruised feeling but thats only fair given what its just done.

I'm just done with lochia, it had slowed, then i had that bleed and clots then it slowed to next to nothing and the past 5 days it gotten gross and heavy periody...bleurgh.

Did you have a managed 3rd stage in the end chuck? Just adding to my anecdotal 'evidence' re lochia...

i have been wondering what ppls experience of natural 3rd stage and lochia.... im normally a pretty heavy & long post partum bleeder.. would like to know if natural 3rd stage has reduced this for anyone??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->