Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

thank you im really hoping we get some answers either way

I'm considering either a home birth or a delivering in a birthing center because I think it would be more relaxing and I don't want to be pushed into having a c section but I have a long time to think about it because Im still WTT

Thank you ladies - I HONESTLY don't think I could have kept my sanity without the help and support of this thread. You are some of my closest confidants.. and I have never even meet you in person… everyone has buoyed my faith in human/women’s nature to protect each other. ;-)

Yeah Chuck, I must be one of a very few women willing themselves to be over EDD!! Where are all the tips on delaying labour?!? Lol

I have some interesting news on the baby front, that may give me more to consider….
Baby is almost certainly breech at the moment - (I’ve just come back from my GP, for a 34 week antenatal. The GPs like to see you once in pregnancy, for what reason, I don‘t know, but it was good to update her on my home birth obstacles) and you could argue what does she know, but I have been poking this little one for a few days trying to figure it out, and it was in my thoughts too. I have agreed to an appointment for a scan at 36 weeks.. (may not go). If I do go, then I guess I know where I am at that time. For now, I can explore my options, do research and put in place what care I would like if baby is still breech in labour.. Which I hope is ages away yet!

I will see my MW later tonight at home, and he has far far more experience than me or my GP, so hopefully he will have more poking about to do to get the lay of the land.

I’m not phased or scared by the baby being potentially breech. I have always thought of breech as a normal variance of birth…So will cross that bridge when we come to it (though, I’m going to do some serious research now!!), and even if baby is still breech at 36 weeks.. He/she could still turn. All that matters to my opinion is how baby is when I go into spontaneous labour. I still feel in my gut (excuse the pun) that I don’t want an elective c-section with a breech presentation. The only way I’m going for major abdominal surgery is only in an emergency!

I’ll update you guys on the breech thing later tonight.

Sam - sorry to hear about the potential implications from your scan - there is no panic about baby not being on the average of normal (I.e 50% on the centile), we weren’t all meant to be averagely average! I don’t know anything at all about echogenic bowel.. But I’m sure you have been researching like crazy, so you can ask the right questions and get unbiased supportive information.. Fingers crossed for the consultant appointment later. Sending you and your family lots of hugs.
Do let us know how it goes, and remember we are all here for you.
Xxx

HUGS all around this morning seems a few of us need them, I simply need a hug for being sleepy so I can fall asleep on someones shoulder *yawn*

A lovely article here about your cervix that just popped up on my FB from Birth Without Fear..
https://www.birthologie.com/birth/what-you-dont-know-about-your-cervix/

Oh i love a cervix article in the morning! lol!
Sleepy hugs to you too chuck! Wouldn't it be lovely to just cuddle up like our children or babies and fall asleep in some loving arms? aww
XxX

Some pretty strong rumours filtering down that independent midwifery will be outlawed in the UK from October 2013.....even less choice for women....a modern day witch hunt???? You just know that home birth is on the hit list too.....

Some pretty strong rumours filtering down that independent midwifery will be outlawed in the UK from October 2013.....a modern day witch hunt???? You just know that home birth is on the hit list too.....

WTF???!!!!!!!

I cannot understand why any government would do this! Its madness.

it makes no sence, why would mw's be pushing for more homebirths if the govt is going to outlaw it, its so backwards i guess it could be forwards lol

Bet it will be because of liability insurance, (just like in australia) which IdMW's don't have because they can't get it, or can't simply afford it.

Independent MW are amazing - they often (more than their community or hospital MW colleagues) see different normal variations of birth - such as breech, twins, high BMI or the many other reasons that women have been coxed in to hospital - it will be cutting off a choice life0line for women and their families.
I agree with the principle of IdMW having insurance, but want to see the government taking steps to ensure our IdMW have accessible insurance.

MM is right, it is witch hunt... and we will be all poorer as a result. Lets hope that as women we will take action rather than be compliant in any moves to restrict our choices.

I seriously hope that home birth under the NHS will not be effected, as the costs are lower and the outcomes for mothers and babies are better - so it simply wouldn't be logical (though we all know, stranger legislation that restrict our rights has happened!!) I'll be there to fight any moves against our MWs!!
XxxX

urgh, thats lame... The whole system just seems totally stupid and no one rly has any sense, its just process after process and they forget the actual experience of the patient. I was at my hospital today for work and instead of buying a £10 payg phone they started talking about buying thousands of £s of equipment to send to a patient. What?! Just go down tesco and get one, but noo that would be too easy, and someone would have to take it home at night, oh noes! Policy stops them tho...

Doula day! Shes coming at 4pm, cant remember her name tho and I cba to find the email. Need to hoover before, but I dont think she'll mind and Im knackered so not doing it anyway.

We had our appt with the consulatant this morn and he thinks her bowel is fine, he thinks its more likely that i have bled and not known and she has swallowed some of it. He did the CF bloods and we have to wait about 3 weeks for the results. He wants to see us again in7 weeks to check again but he thinks she is healthy and that there is nothing to worry about. We have got a growth scan in a few weeks and then hopefully things will settle down about for the third tri!!!! Im so pleased we had some good news... its been a rollercoaster of a week!!!! :D

oh thats rly good news, hope you can relax while youre waiting for the results, seems that the consultant wouldnt be positive like that if they were at all worried tho.

I was offered a CF blood test the other day, Im sure it was CF, might have been scicle cell. I dunno. Does seem like they randomly screen some ppl and not others tho, seems weird.

Sam#3, I bet it has been such a horrible week, I'm so glad you had some good news today. Sending loads of positive vibes for the next few weeks :hugs:

Good news sam, these things are sent to worry us but they serve to make us stronger!

Ewwww the sand Dewi was eating the other day just made a reappearance.

Mmmm gritty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->