Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh Moo, you can get anything you want! Us Mums are the strongest people there are.

im feeling rather glass is half empty recently and i dont think im lucky enough to get what i want...which is only a straight forward nice labour and birth, so its not much to ask for in the grand scheme of things.

im going to a homebirth support group tonight so im hoping that gives me abit more of a u can do it push. which is daft because ive got to give birth anyway no matter where i am and i no i will be safer at home.

think i might need to give myself a slap haha

Hun I felt similar in 3rd tri, you're getting tired and big and uncomfy and getting baby Earthside still seems so far away yet you feel short of time too it's normal to wobble now.

You'll be great, you will do your best with what ever situation presents itself come the time.

You are doing everything you can now to arm yourself with enough info to make the best choices for you and baby. You can prepare physically all you want but sometimes things will not go the way you want but you will be able to make the best choices with the best intentions using the best info.

No matter how things pan out you will have done it your way.

I'll weigh in with a bit of "if I can do it, so can you!" :)

It makes all the difference to how satisfied you are with your whole pregnancy and becoming a mother (even second, third time or more)... when I've been up all night with Charlie or worrying if I'm doing the right thing by him, it does give me confidence to know that I managed to do him no harm and did the best thing for him by having him at home with no drugs except a bit of co-codamol and some gas and air for pushing. He was so alert at the time (OH's family commented he was the most alert newborn they'd ever seen, a friend of his said he looked like a three month old, so healthy) and remains a content baby. He doesn't really cry and knows his mum is there for a feed or whatever he needs, whenever he needs it, and I fully believe most of the reason for this was his laid-back (though not literally!) entrance to the world.

That's just reminded me of another comment I got just after he was born - "So he was born on this (points) bed?" so I says "No, I was standing up leaning on his cot when he was born" - and got a big speechless face in response! Why is it shocking to give birth standing up?! I got the usual "so brave" comments before and after, but loads of people who I expected to be negative were actually really positive... you have your baby however you want to have him, it's your choice.

Moomin - I agree with Chuck - I think I was going through a phase of I can't do this and I'm scared, in the last couple of weeks... now I feel more relaxed about it again.
I think it's easier to make these decisions when labour is so far away, early in pregnancy and then when it's really close you start to question your decisions a bit, or not believe in yourself as much :shrug:

We can do it!!!!!!!!!:winkwink:

Moomin - I agree with Chuck - I think I was going through a phase of I can't do this and I'm scared, in the last couple of weeks... now I feel more relaxed about it again.
I think it's easier to make these decisions when labour is so far away, early in pregnancy and then when it's really close you start to question your decisions a bit, or not believe in yourself as much :shrug:

We can do it!!!!!!!!!:winkwink:

thanks ladies :D
im just worried that i wont be able to do it because my mw with zane never gave me the chance to push him out myself, i was rushed and then cut when it wasnt needed. and then she just pulled the placenta out so i feel like i was cheated out of that part and i might not be able to do it.

i no u dont have to do it before to be able to give birth urself another time, i over think everything it drives me insane

Moomin in labour first time I felt defeated from the first encounter with a mw. I felt exhausted and useless and the mws contributed to that. This time I felt determined and stubborn. Admittedly I went a bit to pot after she was out but I had 22 hours of holding my own. I didn't even really rely on DH until the last 4 or 5 hours. My first labour taught me I was weak and vulnerable. This labour taught me I am in fact strong and mighty. There will be a wobble in the planning, there will be a challenge in every birth, but we women are huge and awesome which is why the medics want to strap us down and take control. You can do it!!

I confess to taking some small delight in telling guests I birthed where they are currently sat. :haha:

Such a shame we'll be moving house next year, would love to say to child 'you were born right there'

A friend lives in Sweden and she says there they all try to be v conformist and do the same things. They mostly all give birth lying on their sides in bed making no noise at all. Sounds v v odd to me tbh, gravity sounds like it would be a great helper

All I wanted to do was lie on my side in labour, I would have stayed on my side had I not had to get up and into a blimmin ambulance.

I was not comfy on all fours, and hospital wanted me in lithotomy, I didnt argue I was pooped!

I can understand doing it on an individual basis but for everyone to do it or you're just weird. Well. Thats weird:p

It's only what goes on here though if you think about it.....flat on your back is 'de rigueur' in the UK....and US....

Once I'd been shuffled onto the hospital bed ( now jeezy creezy thaty was horrible and so hard to move across from the ambulance gurney) there was no way I was going to roll/move even if I wanted to.

It just wasn't happening.

It's so strange I never foresaw me labouring and not wanting to move at all. I just did not have it in me to move after a point.

I think that must have come after transition, prior to that I could move but it took all my concentration and effort like when I knew I was going to be sick so grabbed a bowl and got on all fours and then Mum brought me a mug of water and my toothbrush bless her I was then instructed by the MW to lean over the sofa.

But at some point I had been shivery cant remember if that was before or after the sick - and I reckon that was transition - but blimey after that moving was very unpleasant, MW wanted to check me (Only my 2nd VE) as she was certain I had got past transition and my waters went in spectacular style when I was leaning over the sofa - but trying to get onto my back felt horrible not the being on my back but the moving.

Getting into the ambulance I think was the most physically horrible feeling and difficult thing I've ever done next to pushing Stanley out. I distinctly remember telling the ambulance guys that under no circumstances was I bloody walking anywhere not even a step at the other end - they chuckled and said no it's ok we'll wheel you right into your room love it's ok.

I always thought I'd be moving and wanted to give birth squatting.

Bless em.

I wonder how I could go about finding out who my ambulance crew were? I've sent cards of thanks to the HB MW's and the hospital MW who delivered Stanley and was fab despite me whining and slapping her hand!

Just adding my birth video to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZYG3OvRrmc&feature=channel_video_title

I made it up this morning.

What an amazing privilege to watch - thank you so very very much for sharing it.
It is really emotional. Had me in tears from the start!
I really can’t wait to do it again
She is just perfect.
Thank you
XxX

That was an amazing and beautiul watch rmar, thankyou for sharing!
xx

absolutely amazing rmar, congratulations hun. brought back so many memories of my own amazing birth :cloud9: xx

it has made me sure i want to birth in water... and preferably in the bath too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->