Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your magical moment, it's an inspiration, I'm sat here bawling my eyes out, too. She's so beautiful, you did a great job. Thanks again! xxx

Just read am I allowed. Love it!

Gonna change my mw to the other one at the practice. Hope she's better. And will tell her about the hb plans at my 16w. If she's a cow will set my doula on her :haha:

from the way my comunity mw is talking i think she wants to be at my homebirth because she loves them lol shes on holiday when im 35-36 weeks so she told me not to go into labour but just incase shes bringing my homebirth kit round at 34 weeks....even tho if i went this early i dont think id be allowed to have a homebirth anyway.....unless i forget to call them till i no i need to push hahaha

from the way my comunity mw is talking i think she wants to be at my homebirth because she loves them lol shes on holiday when im 35-36 weeks so she told me not to go into labour but just incase shes bringing my homebirth kit round at 34 weeks....even tho if i went this early i dont think id be allowed to have a homebirth anyway.....unless i forget to call them till i no i need to push hahaha

Mine said exactly the same Moomin - I told her I'm not waiting - after DS was 18 days past EDD, I'll be quite happy if this one comes before 40 weeks :haha:

Mine said exactly the same Moomin - I told her I'm not waiting - after DS was 18 days past EDD, I'll be quite happy if this one comes before 40 weeks :haha:

wow 18 days! i thought 12 days over was bad lol im hoping this one doesnt keep me waiting too long

Hi all,

I'm just popping by to re-subscribe to this thread....! I first joined it on page 5 when I was 8 months pregnant with number 1 - and here I am again, 700 and something odd pages later, and 6 months pregnant with number 2, hoping for a HB again.

My last labour went well, but not 100% to plan - story here if you're interested - but needless to say I'm hoping to actually have this one at home and trust myself a bit more!

I've been lurking on this board for a little while and now I'm hitting 3rd tri, I thought things might start hotting up a bit and know that getting myself mentally prepared is just as important as the physical, so hope to get involved a bit more to help with a nice positive mindset.

So, here am I. Looking forward to getting up to speed with the comings and goings over here. :)

Wow Hayley!! So good to "see" you again. Congratulations!!

Just read your birth story and you did brilliantly with your first birth! All sytems go for home birth!
XxXX

Me too, just a few days or a week beforehand would be nice! I don't want to have to wait again, although what will be will be :) I wonder out of us both who will get baby first :happydance:

Is the birthing batton some where between you both then>?.. We don't have anyone inbtween? or maybe not anyone that is admitting it!

I can't work it out from the first page, as there as some ladies we haven't heard from in a while.

All I know, is that if my internet (which has been rubbish of late) is down whilst I'm in labour.. I'll be non-plus-ed about it! No you guys I hope will be the first to know! I'll be quite cheesed not to chat in early labour to everyone!
XxX
Xxx

Theres 2 ladies on there, but I don't recognise one and I don't think the other one has been around for a while? Maybe they will pop up! But as far as I can see it's with SmokeyJoe and I'm 2 or so days behind, so could be either of us :happydance: you aren't far off either, although got my fingers crossed your baby makes you wait at least a week :winkwink:

Brutal honestly time for me...just watched Rmar's video and I'm seethingly jealous and angry with myself now.

Huff..I watch wonderful birthing videos and all I do is beat myself up about I didn't manage to do what they did? Why am I giving myself such a hard time?

I don't have and will now never have any pics/video of me labouring or birthing, my VBAC was great don't get me wrong but jeez to be able to birth calmly was all I wanted but no there I was covered in blood and poop in stirrups looking for all intent and purpose like I was lifting weights with veins popping out all over the place it generally not being all lovely looking and calm. No wonder hubby held my hand didn't speak and had his head between his knees.

Now my birth went the way it did and I was the only one who could have changed he litotomy thing but honestly I couldnt move I simply could not have gotten onto all fours or even onto my side without asking and getting help to do it and I couldnt do it at the time, and the video/pics thing is entirely my own fault, I didn't get anyone to do it but then again hubby was not up for even being in the room let alone taking pics.

I need a slap.

AARRRGGGHHHHHH I'm such a daft cow.

:hugs: it's ok to feel disappointed when things dont pan out how you'd hoped. Do remember your VBAC is a major part of what you wanted and to feel more in control and listened to. You've just been talking about this in terms of VEs you didn't feel pushed. Unfortunately we do often get to a point where we can no longer advocate for ourselves so try not to beat yourself up about that. Give yourself time and why don't you go along to your local VBAC support group or post on here? You need to debrief. X

give yourself the credit you totally deserve Chuck!!! You did do brilliant! You VABCed!!! You aced it! In your face consultants!

I also want to video this birth - but am I disappointed that I didn't video my daughters? No way, it is ingrained on my memory forever.. that is better than any video I could have. I might not get a vid of this one either.. as if it is at night, I want to be in the dark.. and that could make it look and feel more like the "Blare witch project" than something serene!!! hahahaha!

Rmar does have a beautiful body and lovely legs! :)
XxX

i dont think i could record my labour and birth, dont think i cud watch it lol
i would just ask my oh the details of zane coming out lol
long as i have lots of good pictures after hes born ile be happy with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79