Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I suppose I thought that a bath would stay warmer as you can top it up easier, but does make sense that the more water you have the longer its gonna stay hot

How exciting having your stuff delivered :)

haha reading on the radical midwifes site - the 'natural' (and gentle) prostaglandins in semen are absorbed more effectively through the gut than through the cervix... if you can face it! hubby will be pleased...

im having my box and gas bought round at 34 weeks as my mw is away when i got to 36 weeks and then im getting my pool 14th july :D my birthing bag is kind of half packed in the front room so i really need to get into gear and get it all sorted.

ive given up on housework and putting zanes toys away the past few days, so then when i just had a visitor i was like no my house is a mess and im in my pjs hahaha

I have already given up with housework i think!!! I dont find any motivation all week then i will have a good day and have a bit of a splurge!! Im looking forward to the nesting at the end of 3rd tri so i can be arsed to get some cleaning done!!!! :lol:

I tried out my inflatable pool yesterday and it was much nicer than the bath. You can have the water really quite high and it seemed to keep it's temp well. Also because of the high sides I felt like I was in a wee cocoon, which I imagine will help with labour - the kind of "going into yourself" feeling. I just wish they made one a little bit bigger... for tall people - I can only just stretch my legs out fully :wacko:

Murmur - just noticed you're 36 weeks... so also in contention for the birthing baton next! :haha: :thumbup:

Am in the house this morning waiting for my box and the gases to be delivered! Exciting!

What pool did you get? I'm hiring the regular sized 'Birthpool in a box' and really hope I can stretch my legs out in it. Actually, that has reminded me to contact the company I'm hiring from as I haven't heard back from them yet. Eek.

Yup, 36 weeks - but I really hope to read some more birth stories before I write my own as I still seem to have so much to do to prepare. Everyday I seem to remember something else on my 'to do' list that I just have not had the chance to get round to doing yet. I feel like I am racing against time at the moment, and am losing... badly! :dohh:

I have already given up with housework i think!!! I dont find any motivation all week then i will have a good day and have a bit of a splurge!! Im looking forward to the nesting at the end of 3rd tri so i can be arsed to get some cleaning done!!!! :lol:

i just saw zanes playroom and ive got to tidy that and all i can see is clutter in my frontroom its driving me crazy so i think i need to kick myself up the ass and get it done lol

Cor we have a while before we can start poking in earnest then LOL.

Ergh I've just bitten the bullet and gotten myslef booked into a fitness class on Friday evening. I'm in a fix because the leisure centre is too far to walk and i can hardly get hubby to drag both babies out in the evening to take me/pick me up so I[ve found a mummy around the corner who goes to a 'body pump' class and I'm going to try.

Its using weights and barbells to music - OMFG I'm so going to make a fool of myself by being awful and clumsy, I'll drop something on my head I know it.

Ill just warn you, body pump is seriously hard. The music is fast and its up down up down with weights. I used to swim/yoga/pilates every day, but if I did a body pump class my arms and legs wouldnt work for 3-4 days so Id have to stop everything else. Im sure its ok once youre used to it but the first few you definately need to use the lightest weight possible and give yourself lots of breaks. Even just use the bar might be enough for you without weights on, depends how your tummy muscles are now

worth a try tho! dont wanna put you off ofc :)

I'm going to give the free taster session a go, but I'm going to warn the guy I'm a bit clumsy and very rubbish being only a month postpartum.

Unless I can get a lift the classes I can do over the weekend are very limited. I need to get back into the womens running group I went to after having Dewi while the weather is good.

ive got myself a crosstrainer to get fit after ive had corey so zane can be off playing and corey can be on me in a sling or in his chair.

and im getting the kineck or what ever its called for the xbox for zane at xmas so ile be buying myself zumba for that. id love to join a gym but getting someone to watch babies will be difficult

its difficult enough for me to get my husband to watch his own children!

its difficult enough for me to get my husband to watch his own children!

my oh was like that with zane when he was little, but then he got the hint that he had to help more when me and zane left him.

it certainly got my point across

he's better with stanley than he was with dewi as a newborn but in general he doesnt do much.

since i went on mat leave i dont think hes changed a single nappy, fixed or fed a meal to either. certainly no night feeds for stanley. ergh.

i couldnt put up with that. when my oh told me he wanted another baby and then i finaly agreed he knew hed be helping with everything.

u have more patience then i do to put up with it, i got fed up with no help after just 7 months and then i walked out to show him what hed have if i carried on doing it all alone

hes so annoying i'll ask for help and he'll cite a bunch of things he does that i dont as in drive/diy/go to work <facepalm>

hes so annoying i'll ask for help and he'll cite a bunch of things he does that i dont as in drive/diy/go to work <facepalm>

my oh tried to pull the i work card once.....i told him fine u can pay me to keep ur house and to look after ur son, u cudnt even afford it and u cudnt handle what i do. he knew i was right and i did make him pay me hahaha i got £25 a month to spend on myself lol i also had to give up my job because of his so id throw that in aswel.

im a big mouth so i couldnt put up with it, all i asked was when he got home hed give zane a bath n put him to bed which he did n then at weekends either help with housework or watch zane.

he didnt have to do much but im missing the help and my house is refelcting that today lol

ur a saint :hugs:

Jodie, that's amazing that your mum is going to watch via Skype! I'm so not going to suggest that one to my parents! When you do a Skype video chat can you not record it at the same time?

I don't think I would want a video of the actual birth - I will be more than happy with some photos taken shortly afterwards.

I have the midwife coming over today to do her home visit - it seems to make the whole thing just that bit more "real" now!

thanks :) she wanted to be here but you cant plan a 2 week holiday around a baby so she is coming end of August when baby should definitely be here! its the next best thing! you could maybe record it but it will be more just in the room than close up lol!

mervs mum.....what is birth art?? and about birth notes, do you know if hospitals in UK destroy these after a certain time? would love to get mine from 2000?

chuck body pump is amazing I was addicted to that back in London I miss my classes! you wont be able to walk after the first few but if you stick at it you will def notice the results!

Im still in this pregnancy and already have things I wished I had done all the way through. so I have 8 weeks to make sure I do the things I still can! But I probably wont and will then wish I had lol!

I think I will do a birth video for definite as I would give anything to have one of my little girl Kacie now that she is not here anymore. im not sure whether I will show anyone it, but I need one to keep those moments you cant get back.

I havent packed a hospital bag, am I being ridiculously optimistic? I really really dont want to end up in the hospital where I am.... it really would only be the worst case scenraio if an emergency c section was needed and my midwife has only done that 6 times in her 27 year career here!?

You should be optimistic Jodie!
Don't worry too much about a bag for hospital... You or OH can easily grab whatever is needed. You are likey to have out all the things that you will need for your home birth anyway.. so keep it all in one place, then OH of MW knows where things are for your home birth, and also if you need to go in.

Chuck - hats off to you for doing body pump!! I've done it a few times.. years ago, and the very thought of it makes me feel daunted! Let alone 1 month post-birth.. ;-)

Xxx

Your notes are kept for 25 years in my area so you should easily get yours. Mine are from 17 years ago!

Stick all the bits you'll need for the birth and just after in one place and you'll be fine in the event you need to go anywhere. You'd need it to hand at home anyway :)
https://www.birthingfromwithin.com/birthart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->