Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

MM - sadly I'm not shocked by that. Disgusted but not shocked.

Sad times.

If it weren't such an important thing and it'd impact badly on her situation I'd take the story to as many cheesy magazines as possible to raise money for an IM.

Its horrible in situations like this who can you go to if the powers that be are the ones doing wrong?!

I encapsulated my placenta, best decision I ever made. I highly recommend it. :thumbup:

MM I read about what was happening over on your FB first but now knowing a bit more I'm even more disgusted. And to hear a poor woman in the past actually had this happen to them?! :growlmad:

:shock: MM - I'm speechless!

I also thoroughly recommend encapsulating placentas :thumbup: I'm still taking a capsule daily and I feel absolutely fantastic. I did the smoothie thing too and was bouncing off the walls afterwards!! :lol:

I peed myself today.

What an achievement.

Its going to be one of THOSE days.

*squeeze squeeze*

Don't worry Chuck - I went on my son's trampoline, jumped once, and peed my pants the other day. Quite, quite mortified.

Great start to the day!

Lou did you do your smoothie with fresh berries?

Basically you wizz it up with blueberries, strawbs and any fresh fruit you like really. Dash some nice fruit juice in like V8 or something and down the hatch! You dont need much actual placenta for the smoothie. Just a small chunk.

Yup - I got my OH to blend it all up as I'm quite squeamish, but I did the encapsulation myself. Thinking about it, I could have done the smoothie myself too if I'd have gritted my teeth a bit! It didn't taste 'meaty' at all which is what I was worried about :haha: I panicked a little when there were a couple of lumpy bits, but it was just apple :lol: I'd been bleeding really, really heavily, but it reduced massively after I'd had the smoothie. I've had some horrified looks when I've mentioned I did this - the midwives were quite fascinated! To be honest, it's something I think I'd have baulked at a few years ago... Funny how our attitudes change over time isn't it? I would never have believed you if you'd told me ten years ago I'd have a completely natural, drug free, home birth and would eat some placenta!!

I am absolutely effing fuming!!!!!!!!:growlmad::brat:

My client who is GBS+ and homebirthing has been having the thumb screws slowly turned. She's done her (extensive) research and they cant handle it. They threw not all MWs being trained in waterbirth at her and when that didnt work they told her she MUST attend a meeting with the supervisor of MWs about it. She politely declined and so had a conversation with a SOM today who informed her that if she refused to transfer in from home they would call a doctor and the police and have her sectioned under the mental health act!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS. I am so cross I want to scream and cry. Who THE HELL do they think they are saying that to her.

Oh my giddy anut!!! They should be sectioned!
Can't believe that in the frame work of the supervisors of midwives any of them could suggest such a thing, when it is so ingrained that they must first be act as an advocate for the women. She should perhaps get in touch with the LSA and talk to the regional head of the supervior of midwives. This needs to be reported to the nursing and midwifery council.

I'd threaten them back! Ask for them to put that in writting, and have them struck off.

I'm sure there are no doubts that she isn't of sound mind and she is mentally competant.. what a suggestion?? I'm flabergasted!
XxX

Surely pelic floor exercises should tone everything right?

If I keep up my routine I'll look like Madonna soon enough LOL.

Ergh seriously though I'm pooped doing pelvic floor exercises. This does not bode well for the fitness class on Friday.

Surely they cannot section her??? I thought you needed several doctors as well as police officer to section someone... and it cant be an instant thing either? On what grounds could they possibly section her under the mental health act???? BONKERS. The fucking authorities need a serious shake up in this ever increasingly repressed country. Grrrrrr....

On a lighter note im thinking about the placenta smoothie too and im def going to capsulate it...... my OH is totally grossed out at the fact i even want to keep my placenta let alone eat it! Knob :rofl:

Maybe its the morning sickness, but the thought of eating one of my own body parts just makes me green :haha: maybe my opinion will change later on. I think you all must be braver than me :)

Got my blood test back and my blood glucose is 5.2% over the last 3 months which is perfectly normal, so looking less likely that the hospital will have a shit fit over my plans, would be nice if they were supportive so that I didnt have to argue with them.

Yup - I got my OH to blend it all up as I'm quite squeamish, but I did the encapsulation myself. Thinking about it, I could have done the smoothie myself too if I'd have gritted my teeth a bit! It didn't taste 'meaty' at all which is what I was worried about :haha: I panicked a little when there were a couple of lumpy bits, but it was just apple :lol: I'd been bleeding really, really heavily, but it reduced massively after I'd had the smoothie. I've had some horrified looks when I've mentioned I did this - the midwives were quite fascinated! To be honest, it's something I think I'd have baulked at a few years ago... Funny how our attitudes change over time isn't it? I would never have believed you if you'd told me ten years ago I'd have a completely natural, drug free, home birth and would eat some placenta!!

I think the smoothie idea sounds good now actually! especially as you said you dont need much of it....plus cooking it is way too much like eating a meat which I think is too much for me to handle!
where do you get the instructions to do the encapsulation from? is it hard to do yourself, Ive heard of people paying to have it done but I would need to do it myself here.

Maybe its the morning sickness, but the thought of eating one of my own body parts just makes me green :haha: maybe my opinion will change later on. I think you all must be braver than me :)

Got my blood test back and my blood glucose is 5.2% over the last 3 months which is perfectly normal, so looking less likely that the hospital will have a shit fit over my plans, would be nice if they were supportive so that I didnt have to argue with them.

ah thats good news

haha the only person I told in England was my Mum, my brother over heard and his reaction was hilarious, he´s 23 going on 16 and said, thats sick, wtf is wrong with you, you are going to eat yourself!

if it can be cremated u can get it turned into a diamond lol

part of my oh is being cremated and i can mix that was my sons hair and get a diamond made and ile be putting it on my wedding ring :)

now just to find out how to get the placenta cremated and im sorted hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->