Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

ive packed a birthing bag so everything i need is in one place and if i happen to need to go hospital its all in one bag anyway

I am absolutely effing fuming!!!!!!!!:growlmad::brat:

My client who is GBS+ and homebirthing has been having the thumb screws slowly turned. She's done her (extensive) research and they cant handle it. They threw not all MWs being trained in waterbirth at her and when that didnt work they told her she MUST attend a meeting with the supervisor of MWs about it. She politely declined and so had a conversation with a SOM today who informed her that if she refused to transfer in from home they would call a doctor and the police and have her sectioned under the mental health act!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS. I am so cross I want to scream and cry. Who THE HELL do they think they are saying that to her.

omg! any doctor or police officer in their right mind wouldnt go along with that.
i cant believe they are treating ur client like this :(

That is seriously bad, who do they think they are? I had my MW very early on tell me about a woman who wanted a homebirth and they were so against it they took her to court over it, but never ever heard of the crap they are throwing. I agree with moomin, surely no police officer would even consider getting involved surely? The person who said that is a total loon :wacko:

And regarding the hospital bag I'm not packing one either, I'm just putting stuff in my birthing box that I might need in the case of transfer. I can't actually stand the thought of a suitcase sitting there waiting, looking at me... but a box with 'stuff' in I can handle :thumbup:

I'd get her to contact the local mental health team. They would be the ones involved with the section I think. Mw can't section ppl without additional professionals. See if you can get them on your side explaining how this is a very well thought out decision and she has support networks set up. They probably won't want the hassle tbh as they're already over worked

Sounds like the mw just trying to scare her. Probably done it before and found that it worked sadly.

If you can get her assessed now. The report likely to say no issues at all etc no need for intervention

Your poor lady.... I can't imagine how it feels to be threatened with that kind of action. How completely disgusting, demeaning and unprofessional.

I hope your client feels anger at their absurdity rather than upset with their potential threats; Anger can at least be channelled into a positive outcome whereas upset can result in 'roll over and accept' frame of mind. (Of course I don't mean she 'shouldn't' be upset, iykwim...)

Hoping there is a turnaround imminently and no further stress is caused to her. Let us know what happens.

MM - that's appalling :growlmad:

Murmur - I got my pool from www.madeinwater.co.uk and apart from wishing it was a little bigger, it's really good and pretty easy to set up and empty :thumbup:

The box is here and the gas cylinders (which I've thrown an old sheet over, as they look far too medicalised to have anything to do with the peaceful relaxed birth I've got planned :haha: ). Just have to go to the GPs tomorrow and ask for a prescription for oral vit K and syntocinon, and then I'm pretty much set :happydance:

...... and it's full moon tomorrow - hahahaha :haha:

Your notes are kept for 25 years in my area so you should easily get yours. Mine are from 17 years ago!

Stick all the bits you'll need for the birth and just after in one place and you'll be fine in the event you need to go anywhere. You'd need it to hand at home anyway :)
https://www.birthingfromwithin.com/birthart

wow really! so If I write to the hospital they should send the notes to my mums address?

yeah I reckon I should, I dont think if I had to go I would be in any state to be explaining to OH what things we need and he def wouldnt know lol!

oh cool, I cant actually see any of the art though?

MM thats ridiculous! what a horrible stress for you and your client!

Well the birth art isnt probably 'art' in the way you might think. It's not necessarily pretty! I guess it's just another way of expressing things. I will tell you more when I've been taken through the process myself!

I am just about calm after my poor woman's message. I'm just getting ready to speak to her now. I talked to AIMS who said it's not the first time this has been used to threaten women but its a very long time since anyone has actually tried to section a woman for not transferring in.....but it has happened apparently!! :shock: Bottom line is a very strong letter to the HOMwery and chief exec is in order.....

oh it sounds really interesting I just wanted to see some lol! yes, look forward to hearing about it

it does sound like they have stepped back to the 1950´s or something!!

what are you ladies all doing with your placenta´s after birth? while I was toying with the idea of a home birth and the other half of me wanting to fly back to England to have baby in an environment I was used to, I had my first meeting with midwife and within 5 minutes of meeting her she explained that after the birth my OH would go and cook half of the placenta for me to eat! I nearly fell off my chair and ran out the room! but after 2 hours of listening to her and being fully converted to the ways of home and all natural birthing she had sort of talked me round. now after spending a while in England and being too scared to tell anyone that was the plan im not sure I can do it again! she explained that its amazing for helping the mother recuperate and contains all the vits and minerals you could possibly need.....but im still a bit freaked out by it!

i wont be eating the placenta hahaha but i am keeping it and freezing it. then when i buy my house next yr im going to plant a tree in my garden for my OH and put the placenta under the tree to help it grow :)...in theory that will work

yeah I wanted to plant it but we dont have a garden! I think that is a nice idea...

I am absolutely effing fuming!!!!!!!!:growlmad::brat:

My client who is GBS+ and homebirthing has been having the thumb screws slowly turned. She's done her (extensive) research and they cant handle it. They threw not all MWs being trained in waterbirth at her and when that didnt work they told her she MUST attend a meeting with the supervisor of MWs about it. She politely declined and so had a conversation with a SOM today who informed her that if she refused to transfer in from home they would call a doctor and the police and have her sectioned under the mental health act!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS. I am so cross I want to scream and cry. Who THE HELL do they think they are saying that to her.

WTF?!!! Is this who I've been texting? I just can't believe it!!! And I thought my experience was bad. God if there's anything I can do to help. That's just beyond awful. What the hell is happening in this country?

On a nicer note, I did the birth art. It was good to do but didn't bring out any hidden feelings. I think I know myself pretty well and do so much an analysis of things. That or I'm too repressed to be helped! :lol:

Yes PB it's is that woman. It's much worse than i thought but I obviously can't go in to details.

Jodie you'd be surprised just how many families are keeping their placentas to encapsulate or make a tincture or what ever. The benefits can be easily and immediately harnessed in a smoothie!! Sounds unappetising but its quick and easy and actually doesn't taste gross!

oh my goodness placenta smoothie what on earth to you mix it with lol! I might just go with the midwife, its not like I have to do it if I change my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->