Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Full moon tonight ladies!! Wonder if we will have any home birthers labouring over the next day or so!!! Come on moon!!

Full moon tonight ladies!! Wonder if we will have any home birthers labouring over the next day or so!!! Come on moon!!

Sorry - nothing here! Although I did have some crampy kind of thing going on, low down last night.... :shrug:

Nothing to report here either - all I did last night was snore, which was a bonus for me as OH ended up sleeping in spare room so I got the bed all to myself. :)

Summer's coming there'll be plenty og BBQ's coming up to cremate your placenta LOL!

A fab idea though, I know people get diamonds made out of their pets and stuff but the placenta is a very cool idea - a bit less ewww gross than eating it and not as 'hippy' as planting a tree/making art etc.

There's a niche in the market for this idea I rickins! Although I doubt its a cheap process is it?

I can imagine it being a stall at London Baby Show 'Placentas are Forever...' ROFL

I can imagine it being a stall at London Baby Show 'Placentas are Forever...' ROFL

:haha:

I can't believe they are threatening you client with being sectioned MM, its unbelievable!! and these people are meant to be health professionals, sounds like something out of the dark ages:nope:. I'd get them to put it in writing and contact a paper like the Guardian.

I just can't understand how midwives can behave like this when their primary role is to support and protect mothers, f*ing disgusting!:growlmad:

"Shit-fit" has to be one of my fav phrases! LOL! I will be using it more often!

I really like the diamond idea - you might end of with a really small one though, considering the amount of carbon in the plcenta, as it is mostly water!

xxx

It would be small unless it was mixed with something or 'someone' else.

But its such a cool idea!

Imagine passing that onto your daughter it'd be like marmite she'd love it or HATE it!

with the smoothies do you have to cook the placenta first or can you just slice a bit off it fresh?

Fresh and pop it in the blender with the fruit. You could get all yur yummy fruit prepared in early labour so that once cookie is here you can lift it out of the fridge, pop a chunk in with the fruit and get Sam to whizz it up for you. The benefits are instant!

awesome.... im def going to do that, im hoping to make some groaning muffins (emma k) in early labour too so i can have it all prepared and ready for when she arrives :)

awesome.... im def going to do that, im hoping to make some groaning muffins (emma k) in early labour too so i can have it all prepared and ready for when she arrives :)

LOL I ate a bit late in labour really (yes yes I was trying to pretend I wasn't having intense contractions by that point and I cooked me and Mum steak and ale casserole and ate a huge bowl with bread and butter LOL...needless to say i puked when I'm guessing I was at transition, shortly before I leant over the sofa and my waters went.

I was glad I rememebred a washing up bowl.

...and I was very glad my Mum was there who promptly fetched me a mug of water and a toothbrush and toothpaste bless her!

i am ALWAYS sick in labour :( with #1 i drank litres and litres of orange juic in early labour and whe i puked it burnt like hell!! TMI really!!

Noooooo.... :( rank.com!

erm... random but anyone know if orange & ylang ylang massage oil is ok during pg/labour etc??

Sam.. can't help with the oils question sorry.

What exactly is encapsulation? Really don't fancy the whole smoothie thing, but if there was another way to harness the goodness, without actually feeling like you've eaten the placenta... then maybe.... :winkwink:

It is a good idea, it is, it is! :thumbup:

I regret getting rid of my first placenta soooo much. As I was being stitched up, I saw a midwife put it in a bag to be disposed of and I asked to see it. The midwife brought it over to me, and I expressed my surprise at how it looked - not how I'd imagined... "What are those white sucker things on the outside that look like scallops?" I asked her. She frowned. "Err - they're swabs, dear" she replied, dryly. D'oh!

I can see smoothies being popular this year! My clients seen to be leaning towards them too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->