Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

LOL Louise!!

I read about encapsulating it, but you need a dehydrator machine? is there any other way to do it?

No you can do it all pretty easy. It's the grinding that's the labour of love. Here's my friends account of doing hers. Apparently it's very good/preferable for the mother to handle it herself.

No you can do it all pretty easy. It's the grinding that's the labour of love. Here's my friends account of doing hers. Apparently it's very good/preferable for the mother to handle it herself.

Thanks for that MM - that's sort of what I thought... although I wouldn't fancy doing the actually steaming and drying bit myself :wacko: I don't know if it's to do with being a veggie or what? However I like the idea of using the placenta to help with your hormones etc :D

Been at the MW's this afternoon - everything good - baby 4/5 palpable :happydance: so going in the right direction (I don't remember DS getting past this, and certainly not at 38 weeks) - getting my oral vitamin K prescription tomorrow and my syntocinon :D

This whole incapsulating thing is appealing to me more and more, thanks for the link Mervsmum, the only bit I might struggle with is the steaming bit too. To anyone who's done it.. does it make the kitchen/house smell like cooking meat?

Anyone watching obem USA? It's v pro epidural. So far the story seems to be ppl who don't have an epi are weird hippy types or will learn the hard way and have a nightmare birth. Annoying programme.

i never watch programs like that. they always seem to show the really dramatic women who spend every second screaming :dohh: and lying on their backs screaming for a epidural, birth isnt always like that as we all no, i hardly made a sound during labour lol

Indigo - I have to confess, the smell wasn't the nicest. We put it in the study though and had the widows open. It smelt a bit in there while the machine was on, but the rest of the house was fine, and the smell went away straight away after as well :)

I quite liked obem uk as it was more about the ppl and they always had comparisons. Like a big woman who delivered vaginally when they said she wouldn't be able to and would need a c section paired with a skinny woman having a c section.

This just seems to want to scare ppl into laying on back with legs in the air

I quite liked obem uk as it was more about the ppl and they always had comparisons. Like a big woman who delivered vaginally when they said she wouldn't be able to and would need a c section paired with a skinny woman having a c section.

the part i have put in bold is how i felt about obem uk, i didnt watch much but the ones i did had the women on their backs and the mws not talking to them about different positions.

drove me insane lol

I can'[t bring myself to watch it - So I say as I haven't watch it and as such I am uniformed of what it contains, but the usa has much higher rates of intervention and bad birth practice then even here in the Uk - so while I watched the UK version (and spend alot, alot of time talking to the tv saying "get off your back!"), I just couldn't stomach the usa version.. as the UK one had me in tears for some of the women involved and the inevitable interventions you could predict from the outset.

I did watch the "maternity in crisis" on ITV, but that didn't have me surprised; it was a typical sensationist ITV "documentary" (term documentary used very loosely!). I can't watch ITV news for the same reasons of their bias emotive and scaremongering reporting ;-)

We can all sleep tight, home birthing and one to one care rules!
Xxx

I'm giving this one more episode then binning it off the sky+. It's awful so far.

I know what you mean about itv. I actually don't watch itv and haven't for years because I'm just such a snob. It's all total crap. And I watch dmax! Love "I didn't know inwas pregnant". Baby down the toilet, now that's natural birthing!

HAHAHA - think you have hit on somethig there! I'm prob a snob too!
I'm a proud-hippy-freedom-fighting-snob!
XxX

Natural labour hippy type has been in labour 14 hrs (om gawd first time mum 14hrs!!!) and they're starting to try and scare her. Mw is just pissy because the woman listens to the doula more than the mw

Enjoying the doula birth tbh, just ignoring the rest of it. It's shit

You know the website upmystreet? It gives a measure of how posh the area is etc. And itv watching is one of the measures which negatively affects it. I'm a snob and quite proud of it tbh:p nothin wrong with watching itv ofc but it's all candyfloss

the part i have put in bold is how i felt about obem uk, i didnt watch much but the ones i did had the women on their backs and the mws not talking to them about different positions.

drove me insane lol

I completely agree!! I hated OBEM uk! I watched the first series and it incensed me do much I didn't watch it again. A friend of a friend works in the program and apparently the mws at the hospital are getting fed up with it always being dramatic and over sensationalised.

OMFG I cannot even begin to say how much this makes my blood boil

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-s...-axe-caesareans-to-save-cash-115875-23199889/

excellent thanks MM!! :thumbup: I will pretend I didnt see the bit about it being good for me to handle it myself, Ive already told OH its his job, Im giving birth its a fair trade!!

haha my friends would call me a snob as I would watch BBC Breakfast news every morning getting ready for work while they watched GMTV, what a load of pants! glad im not home to see OBEM USA it would wind me up, my friend who is being induced tomorrow is watching it but I dont dare to ask and compare our opinions of how birth should be!

OMFG I cannot even begin to say how much this makes my blood boil

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-s...-axe-caesareans-to-save-cash-115875-23199889/

Yep - just so off the point - if they just allowed women to birth naturally and in their own time (with the one-to-one MW care the guy is on about) then they wouldn't need to do so many c-sections :wacko: and therefore save money. It's just all about litigation.... depressing

This whole incapsulating thing is appealing to me more and more, thanks for the link Mervsmum, the only bit I might struggle with is the steaming bit too. To anyone who's done it.. does it make the kitchen/house smell like cooking meat?

Cook a bit of liver in your oven and you'll get an idea of what it'll smell like basically. We just did ours in the oven. Took nearly 12 hours though, but that's when we realized our oven can go at quite a low temp unlike others and so turned it up a bit.

I had to have hubby do the cutting and steaming bit, we always planned on that really. But then I was blessed to have my sister grind it all up and encapsulate it while I was stuck on my ass in the hospital. When I took those first few pills it was like magic. lol

Here are a few of my pictures from the adventure:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_placenta3.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_PICT0016.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_PICT0009.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_PICT0025.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_placenta.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/JennBeavers/Placenta/th_placenta2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads