Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

They are really cool pictures Jenni!!!
And I love the strategically placed knife and fork??? Bet you have had LOTS of fun with that photo! lol
Xxx

Ok Im sold on the encapsulating idea. Will have to do the drying in the garage or something tho I think, euw to the smell, I cant even smell normal meat cooking. DH has said hes happy to do it tho as long as he doesnt have to do any eating and as long as I dont tell any more ppl or theyll think im crackers :p Hes so funny. He would support me giving birth in a mudbath on a farm if I wanted to but anything slightly out there he think ppl will think differently about me/us.

thanks Jenni cool pics! my OH just walked in and said ooh Jodie what are you looking at! told him he needs to get reading about what he needs to do!

cranberry I think a lot of people react really funny to these things! I must admit a few years ago as little as 3 years if someone told me they were planning on doing anything with their placenta I would have thought yuck! I cant wait now to see how amazing its going to make me feel!

Oh, I can't stand it! DH is leaving on Wednesday, and a HPT two days ago was negative (I shouldn't be surprised, still haven't had AF). But I so badly want to be pregnant again, plan a home birth again...encapsulate my placenta, snuggle a newborn! :(

Oh, I can't stand it! DH is leaving on Wednesday, and a HPT two days ago was negative (I shouldn't be surprised, still haven't had AF). But I so badly want to be pregnant again, plan a home birth again...encapsulate my placenta, snuggle a newborn! :(

:hugs:

How long is he away Manda? x

9 weeks. He does get to come home for the weekend after about 4 weeks. :cry:

Aw... that's really hard for you all :hugs:

I've done it before, when he was in the Army. Just never with a little one and never when trying for a baby either. It's him I feel so bad for though - he's going to miss this little boy so much. Oh, well....I'm living in denial about that BFN. It very well could be a BFP in a week or so... :wacko:

ooh just overheard OH on the phone to MIL and he repeated about 5 times that its a midwife not a doctor delivering the baby, she sounded like she couldnt believe it! think she thinks we are mad not to go off to Lima to the "best" hospital and doctor (who knows her and has told her he "doesnt like" the midwife who is doing our homebirth). think he is threatened by her experience and knowledge as in this particular clinic 80pc of the births are by c-section!

My mils face when we say were having a hb will be priceless. She's bound to say 'can you do that?!' but then will get distracted by her hair so it'll be fine :haha:

come to canterbury and snuggle stanley for a bit if that'll help? I could do with a nap!

my mils face was priceless when i told her i was having a hb as she thinks they are "stupid" (she was a mw yrs back so thinks she knows it all) so she knew she couldnt say anything to me so she just sat there n went oh well long as ur willing to go hospital if u need to because u get some women who stupidly wont......

i dont no any woman who wont go hospital if her baby needs her to :dohh:

I think the thing which concerns me is how we know if/when hospital is needed. Im gonna find it hard to trust my mw which might mean I delay a genuine needed transfer. If you have a mw who wants you in hospital from hour 1 then theyre likely to be more eager to transfer when you might not strictly need it

Get in, I wrote to the Head of MW in my area asking for my notes as I was unaware policy had changed and praising the staff who dealt with me in pregnancy and labour and I just got a letter today saying thank you for my kind comments and that she'll pass them along to the staff and she will send me a copy of my notes.

No mention of charge at all! w00p

i was worried about that too! but the mw i might end up having loves homebirths and ive also got a doula who will be able to hear what the mw is saying and then talk to me and if i need to go then i will. but i wont let them try n scare me

come to canterbury and snuggle stanley for a bit if that'll help? I could do with a nap!

You know I'll have him for you anytime I'm off (I'm down to two days/week now). Ooooh, forgot to tell you - I've applied for a community health nurse post with the health visitors on the Canterbury and Coast Team! They said a SCBU nurse is exactly what they need. I'm going to change it from the inside out! Mwah ha ha ha! (Well, gotta get shortlisted first...) :happydance:

And I sent the form and cheque requesting my notes on Wednesday! I've not seen them since I handed them over when I got to hospital on the day (that team didn't give them back to you to hold)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->