Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

OOhhh good stuff missy! I might just take you up on the offer of getting a nap!

I lost the ability to speak yesterday - I just could not find the words for anything plus I spent 6 hours preparing lentils so hubby could cook up a Dhansak for tea only to when the lentils were done did I turn the stove off nOOOO i turned it up so the whole pan burned <facepalm>

I went to a fitness class last night body pump...my god I was an epic fail at the sit up crunchy things and the plank exercises, and I didnt drop any weights on my head so WIN on that front LOL

Good stuff your getting your notes, I'm glad I'll be getting mine back and that was only 5 weeks ago!

I believe if you request them within 40 day of the birth they are free!! Note to everyone: request your notes back as soon as you are discharged from the mws care!

glad you enjoyed the class chuck with no head injuries lol! planks are evil!!!!!

not being in the UK my midwife is v different, she wont be going to hospital unless I need an emergency c section and she has only done than 6 times in 26 years! she is sending me for a scan at 38 weeks to know exact position of baby and whether cord round the neck but said even if breech or whatever she will still do homebirth. I dont think she is put of by anything as she only believes in natural birthing, which is reassuring but I hope the baby isnt breech or anything either way!

Your MW sounds amazing Jodie. I think one of the reasons women in the uk dont trust birth is because a large percentage of even our mws don't either unfortunately. We look to these 'exerts on normal' for reassurance and confidence but so few of them fill us with it. 6 transfers in 25 years as a MW is freekin brilliant!! I wish I had a MW like that around me when my boy was breech at the end. They were happy(ish) to support a vaginal breech birth but wanted me in hospital. I like the cut of her gib! :thumbup:

its sad isnt it! its from years and years of being taught to think a certain way.
she is pretty amazing! she´s probably too way out there for some people but I love everything she has taught me so far! she doesnt actually believe in scans full stop and only asks for the 38 weeks one to prepare for the birth, she told me an amazing story of a client of hers who was told at her scan that her baby had water on the brain and wouldnt survive, they wanted the lady to come and have a c section to save distress of birth, the lady decided she had come this far with her baby she would have the birth she had planned for even if it meant the most tragic end, so my MW delivered the baby in the home birth and the baby was fine!
she hasnt even had her children vaccinated.....which is a whole other story im yet to get round to looking into!
so did you deliver him breech in the end? but had to go to hospital? I havent seen your birth story if its on here?

No he went head down after a hypnosis session so I had him at home :)

Sidney's journey earthside - an April Fools Day Home Birth

No he went head down after a hypnosis session so I had him at home :)

Sidney's journey earthside - an April Fools Day Home Birth

wow, brilliant! :thumbup: will look forward to reading tomorrow as its now 2.30am and I think I should go to sleep ha ha! :sleep:

Yeah Jodie - she sounds fantastic :D
I keep daydreaming about going to the USA to The Farm and giving birth with the Midwives there! Ina May Gaskin included of course :haha:

Sounds great Jodie, My new midwife here in NZ is the same, not much phases her, I realise how lucky I am but it also pains me that more aren't like this.

For those of us who had a CS
https://avital.blogspot.com/2011/01/cesarean-courage.html#axzz1NhQ9wdKr

Yeah Jodie - she sounds fantastic :D
I keep daydreaming about going to the USA to The Farm and giving birth with the Midwives there! Ina May Gaskin included of course :haha:

Me too :thumbup: Isn't she great.

And to Jodie.82 your MW sounds like she is one super lady!

Nikki_d72 ditto to that.

For those of us who had a CS
https://avital.blogspot.com/2011/01/cesarean-courage.html#axzz1NhQ9wdKr

That made me cry, thank you so much for posting this link. I've never really thought of myself in those terms before!

I try to, I still hate everything about my EMCS and I don't think I'll stop feeling bad about it anytime soon. But hey I guess I was brave for going through it, going to theatre alone and coming out the other end ok.

I try to, I still hate everything about my EMCS and I don't think I'll stop feeling bad about it anytime soon. But hey I guess I was brave for going through it, going to theatre alone and coming out the other end ok.

Yip, me too - 8 years later and I still can't talk about it without crying, You were brave for going through that, especially alone, for the sake of your baby. It still doesn't make it any less crappy that you were put through that but you have to try to acknowledge your bravery and selflessness at that time.

Hubby is crap. He refused to come t theatre with me and the theatre staff didnt bother making me feel comfortable by speaking to me.

Bless he tried really hard this time but he did have to leave the room a few times and sit holding my hand with his head between his knees LOL

hey ladies does anyone else have the lush sun today? its really nice here but i have vegged out in the house all day instead of making the most of it :S lazy cow syndrome here a bit i think!!
i just had something lovely said to me.... the young girl next door but one ot me recently had a homebirth with her 2nd child and she just told me on my fbook status that she had a homebirth 'cuz of me :cloud9: possibly one of the best things anyone can say to me :cloud9:

Such a huge boost to think i have inspired :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->