Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

We've got drizzle. It's drab and dreary yuck

hey ladies does anyone else have the lush sun today? its really nice here but i have vegged out in the house all day instead of making the most of it :S lazy cow syndrome here a bit i think!!
i just had something lovely said to me.... the young girl next door but one ot me recently had a homebirth with her 2nd child and she just told me on my fbook status that she had a homebirth 'cuz of me :cloud9: possibly one of the best things anyone can say to me :cloud9:

That's fantastic, you must be dead proud :cloud9:

We have the 'not so lush' sunshine lol I was enjoying the rain and not so hot weather I'm soooo hot and tiredness has kicked in pretty good, bring back the rain I say :rain: :happydance:

we have beautiful weather today but unfortunately Im stuck in with the curtains shut with a virus. Boo.

xxx

awww hope you feel better soon linzi xx

we have had gorgeous weather all day but its coming over a bit iffy now

I wish it was coming over iffy here! Can you tell I'm desperate for cooler weather? Late pregnancy has really hit me today... maybe a rain dance is in order.. ;)

Did my first preg yoga class today, was lotsa pelvis work and pelvic floor. Also nearly had a lovely sleep on the floor at the end :haha:

Rainy but sticky/hot here today. Worst of both worlds!

Im hoping for a huge storm... it looks grey/green out so maybe.....

I LOVE massive thunderstorms and we never have good ones so ill do a storm dance!!

Just watched the business of being born. Loved it! Think it tipped dh from 90% convinced to 100% :)

Also started looking into hypnobirthing. Can anyone recommend a cd course thingy? Bit hard to choose.

Hubby is crap. He refused to come t theatre with me and the theatre staff didnt bother making me feel comfortable by speaking to me.

Bless he tried really hard this time but he did have to leave the room a few times and sit holding my hand with his head between his knees LOL

That's awful the theatre staff didn't talk to you, shame your hubby's squemish, but I guess he can't help it, but the staff should know to put you at ease as best as possible.

Here, the hospital midwife that had been with me came in too and took pictures for us and talked to us, but the theatre staff were pretty much talking about golf and things between themselves - just another day at the office for them. I had a belly ring in at the time (ridiculous, I know, it's all stretched to bits and nobody gets to look at my belly these days:blush:), and the midwife and theatre nurse were trying to cut it off. I'm a trained jeweller and was trying to tell them "it's surgical steel, you won't cut it with those cutters, just pull the two sides and the middle bit will pop out" - they weren't listening to me, so DH asked them to hand him two sets of pliers or similar, they gave him two surgical implements and he had to do it, while I was spread out on the table, so that they could proceed. That's my only bit of surgery humour! Bunch of eedjits! :wacko:

My computer's sooooo slow today, that by the time that went through there were about 5 other posts!

Hope you get better soon, Linzi, and hope for cooler weather for you, Indigo!

Sam, that's brilliant - may the revolution begin!

Cranberry, glad you liked the yoga, I've got my second session today. That film is an eye-opener, isn't it?! I was pretty shocked at the archive footage of labouring women on the 20's or 30's, and that was the beginning of modern Obstetrics???!!

It's cloudy here today but still unseasonably warm - no snow on the mountains yet and all the skifield operators are panicking. it's shortest day, too, should be waaay colder than this. That reminds me, it's our wedding anniversary today, better go get a card and something... any ideas on what to get the man for his anniversary? Don't think flowers would be appreciated, have no babysitter so can't go out really, feel like I just cook him a nice meal and get him some beers every year, can anyone think of anything better? My brain's not working at the best of times just now! Anything welcomed!!

We go by the traditional wedding anniversary themes each year. Eg paper, linen etc. Makes it a bit easier to think what to get. Maybe a bit late now to dash off and buy new bedsheets but maybe for next year :)

we're going to a tattoo covention and staying in a cottage with friends for our anniversary this year...the actual date in Halloween but it'll be over the weekend and theres a massive 40th birthday bash and fancy dress party at the convo thrown in to boot so effort required on the celebration front.

Its our 2nd anniversary so if we do gifts it cotton/linen hmmmm I was thinking of a new camera strap so would that count LOL?

yes MW is an amazing woman! just wish she would get back here now as she is away visiting family in EUrpoe so I havent seen her since 27 weeks
ah thats a lovely compliment for you sam :)
get well soon linzi :hugs:
the business of being born fascinated me! the old footage look like something out of a torture chamber, horrific! the docu also wound me up, all those things annoy me! are there any other docus like that I can watch on youtube? so I can talk back to the screen a bit more :haha:
nikki, happy wedding anniversary!
our weather was roasting hot today. we went to the main sq its celebration week so lots going on. we have Inti Raymi in a couple of days which is the Inca celebration of the god of the Sun (Inti) im looking forward to that I hope I dont get too out of breath hiking up the extra altitude!

MM thanks for the birth story link, what a lovely birth you had! just what im hoping for, I love the homeliness of it and the freedom to do what you want when you want! I wont have any gas and air, im hoping I will be ok with just the massage, god help me! I didnt have g&a in my first labour, one puff made me dizzy I hated the feeling! but I ended up with a shot of pethidine after 12 hours full labour in the hospital (and previous whole day of on off labour) which was 2 hours before the birth, I dont think it did anything other than make me dizzy!

I still havent got anything for baby to sleep in :( there are no moses baskets here, OH´s friends from Lima have said their babies slept in pack and plays, which is an American version of a travel cot but with a hanging layer used for baby to sleep in. ive looked at them here and the bit for baby to lay on is so hard, and covered by plastic? you can get foam matresses to put in, but I didt think you were supposed to do that? I really dont know whats best....?

Could you get a hammock perhaps or getting a snuggle nest type thing to start with?

it must be difficult if the things you want arent really available and the shipping would cost a fortune and take forever to get to you!

to use to sleep in the pack and play you mean? I do have a snuggle pod thing but it says it shouldnt be used for baby to sleep in. I guess blankets would do? im so nervous about doing the wrong thing! I just want to pop to mothercare and get a nice saftey matress and moses basket :( shipping probably would get nicked by customs again like the last box my mum sent me! it is very hard here, I brought everything back from England as I visited in april but didnt realise what a problem sleeping arrangment would be!

cos they are bloody corrupt! my mum sent 14kgs of my own belongings and over about 3 months I was given various reasons as to why it coudlnt be delivered to me, using a business address, me having to pay a fine, then they said cos it was used clothes (my own) then cos it was new clothes blah blah blah. OH wasnt even shocked he just said, yeah they probably kept it
this is Peru for you!!!!

Ergh horrible but it's sad some places are like that. Some are worse so small mercies.

I'm sure you'll come up with a solution hun, wish I could be more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->