Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Ooh Indigo, sounds promising! Your henna is lovely! it will maybe be something nice to focus on during surges, you can watch it change shape!

Moomin, you're quite right, sod them and their staffing issues, that's their problem, not yours! Stick to your guns.

Hello all, especially new ladies, hope you are all well. I've had yet another sleepless night as my hips are killing me - I got this towards the end of third tri last time but I'm only 16 weeks now, so I'm really worried that it's starting already - any hints anyone? I've ordered a preggo pillow but not sure if it will help as one between my knees doesn't do much...

Nikki that's exactly what I was thinking today funnily enough :thumbup: anything to focus on must be useful I wreckon.

Hope the pillow helps! I've got a V pillow that I've had folded in half and use it every night as it's a little uncomfy now. Hope you get some relieve and it doesn't get worse, as you've got a little way to go - although from 20wks I bet it will go quicker. I found from conception to 20wks took sooooo long!

Evening ladies :)

I took my littlest swimming today and im starting to LOVE the weightless feeling of being in the pool :)

Its my middle little's 5th birthday tomorrow and im feeling all emotional and hormonal about it!!!

maybe try an osteopath. they can realign things. I go to one for pre preg headaches and he fiddles with my back as well now im preg and its magical

Thanks Cranberry, and Indigo! I'll maybe try the osteo, as I think my pelvis isn't very well aligned anyway, DD was posterior so anything to try to avoid that would be good. I was thinking of a chiropractor but have heard osteopaths are better and a lady at my work has been getting work done by a chiro and eventually went to her doctor, who was shocked to find that he's done some serious damage to her - she called my boss from holidays to tell her to ring me and say for god's sake don't go to him, as I'd been rambling on about going at work, phew! Just shows you, recommendations are the best thing. I was also thinking of accupuncture, anyone used that to get rid of aches and joint pain?

I went to a chiro at first but they turned out to be serious crackpots (not sure that was connected the the chiro or just them) but also you have to go like 3 times a week for 5 min sessions which is a total harassment. Osteo is one long appt every week or two then every month or longer

moomin the silk thing is a fab idea do they have to be made or can you buy them somewhere? Ive never heard or seen that before.

Getting my homebirth kit tomorrow Im so excited even though it's just bits of paper :ahppydance: Then I only have to make sure she stays in another week & we're all set!!

xxx

moomin the silk thing is a fab idea do they have to be made or can you buy them somewhere? Ive never heard or seen that before.

Getting my homebirth kit tomorrow Im so excited even though it's just bits of paper :ahppydance: Then I only have to make sure she stays in another week & we're all set!!

xxx

my doula is making it for me and it was her idea so i will get more info off her and post it in here for whoever is interested. i love the idea of it :)

i got my hb kit and well its boring! all ive got is needles and blood bottles, mat pads and mats and coreys red book :/

Yeah Im pretty sure mine will be along the same lines, nice & boring!! They just said paperwork, but the midwife would bring duplicates of everything when i went into labour anyway incase anything was missing :/

xxx

OT - but how long does everyone think it will be before there are some confrontations in the new labour and birth section?!?!? I put a thread in when it opened saying i hope it can be there to offer support etc... i have already seen a comment about this section being wrong/unfair etc..... *raises eyebrow*

OT - but how long does everyone think it will be before there are some confrontations in the new labour and birth section?!?!? I put a thread in when it opened saying i hope it can be there to offer support etc... i have already seen a comment about this section being wrong/unfair etc..... *raises eyebrow*

how on earth is this section wrong and unfair :growlmad:

ive had a look into the section but i really dont think ile be posting see as it has that kind of post in it

Nicki - I would definitely recommend going to see an osteopath - I did it this time and it's really helped. Also I've found doing yoga really helps my hips - I go to a yoga birth class and then I do a few exercises before I go to bed to stretch out.
My yoga teacher always says that instead of putting the pillow between your legs, if you can sleep with the bottom leg straight and the top leg bent, then stack up a load of pillows under the top knee/shin/ankle, so that you're keeping the leg inline with your hip (to try and retain the space in your hips). Don't know if that makes sense?!?!?!? But I need to put about 3 pillows under my top leg to get this right and it definitely helps, or a rolled up duvet is also about the right height. The only problem is when I turn over - I have to move all the pillows :wacko:
The other thing that helps is to put a pillow under your bump - I think as your bump gets bigger it can strain your hips/lower back by pulling on this area when you lie on your side.

i thought when it opened yesterday that it was really good - i can feed my birth addiction even more - but then seeing that has really riled me... its one of those moments where i type out a response then delete it and go back to user cp!!! :rofl:

i thought when it opened yesterday that it was really good - i can feed my birth addiction even more - but then seeing that has really riled me... its one of those moments where i type out a response then delete it and go back to user cp!!! :rofl:

:haha:

i really dont get just because we want a "natural" calm birth we are somehow the devil himself lol
i will never get how doing something totaly natural can cause arguments....but i guess it doesnt help when some idiots open their mouths who have no idea what they are talking about.

ive lost count of the amount of times ive been asked if a HB is safe :dohh:

yep me too and the
''imagine what would have happened if xy or z would have happened and i was at home" :dohh:
ive also had the ''oh really... you're brave'' :growlmad:
and the ''but can you have an epidural at home??'' :dohh::dohh:

yep me too and the
''imagine what would have happened if xy or z would have happened and i was at home" :dohh:
ive also had the ''oh really... you're brave'' :growlmad:
and the ''but can you have an epidural at home??'' :dohh::dohh:

hahaha ive had the "ur brave" comment today, i just said well hes going to come out whether im in my house or a hospital bed...and if im at hospital ile just be ignored for hours on end.
i have had afew comments where people are just interested in what a hb means and then im always asked what pain relief i can get lol

recently ive hated being in the other sections apart from august mummies group because everyones being so bitchy and picking fights and i really cant be arsed with it

snap. i dont know if its the hormones but i feel like i cant go in certain areas without getting irate so i steer clear!!

i get enough bitching in real life and i come on here and its worse.....its also always the same people and i get so board of it.

why cant the forum just be like this thread where we support each other and give advise? like some of u ladies want to use pethadine and others like me hate it but we arent having ago about it.

i think im in the mood for a rant tonight lol think its because mils pissed me off again today i could just about expolde at anything

Nicki - I would definitely recommend going to see an osteopath - I did it this time and it's really helped. Also I've found doing yoga really helps my hips - I go to a yoga birth class and then I do a few exercises before I go to bed to stretch out.
My yoga teacher always says that instead of putting the pillow between your legs, if you can sleep with the bottom leg straight and the top leg bent, then stack up a load of pillows under the top knee/shin/ankle, so that you're keeping the leg inline with your hip (to try and retain the space in your hips). Don't know if that makes sense?!?!?!? But I need to put about 3 pillows under my top leg to get this right and it definitely helps, or a rolled up duvet is also about the right height. The only problem is when I turn over - I have to move all the pillows :wacko:
The other thing that helps is to put a pillow under your bump - I think as your bump gets bigger it can strain your hips/lower back by pulling on this area when you lie on your side.

Thanks, Smokey - yip, makes sense, flapping fish or something, isn't it? I've done about 3 sessions of yoga now and have another tommorrow but I have to admit I've been really slack at practicing between times, as I don't have it all down to pat yet. It does seem to help though.

The trouble is, my bed is just a std. double and as DH already sleeps in a similar pose, there just isn't enough room for me to do it and I feel like I can't maintain it for long either. I have a memory foam topper somewhere, I always hated the sensation of it, it made me feel like I was going to keep rolling whenever I turned over and fall out of bed, hehe. I might have to revisit it though, I'll do anything if it helps.

I think I'll try an osteopath then, sounds good.

As for the new section, I have to admit to having a trawl and posting a couple of things, I'll probably get myself in trouble for crusading, I need to learn that some folk just won't listen but I can't help myself - I feel that if I save just one lady from going through hell and thinking it's normal then I'll be happy. My friend and neighbour has homebirthed all three of her kids, she's a great advocate and she's lucky to have grown up with a mother who's a midwife and also passionate about natural birth, originally in a town in NZ that has a great HB collective and supportive community. Anyway, even here (different town, but known to some in the area as "hippyville", hehe), where there are loads of homebirthing women, when she talks about it she often gets "Oh you're so lucky nothing went wrong", it really hacks her off. Some folk will never allow themselves to be open to the idea, even when the living proof is standing in front of them, they are so socially conditioned to believe that hospital is where you birth. :dohh: This is what we are up against as unfortunately it's the majority. Ah well, I'll keep trying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->