Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

hope things have picked up for u smokey and that labour has started :)

Helloo ladies, sorry I've been on a bit of a hiatus, Dewi broke my laptop so I've had to fire up my dinosaur of a laptop that sounds like jumbo jet and SLOW isnt the word - it's positively glacial.

Hi to all the new ladies, you're in the bestest place on BnB (not that I'm bias).

Sending happy labour thoughts to you girls that are getting super close now, it's about time we had some more babies, have there ben any since mine - probably but my baby brain is on fine form at the mo.

I must say I'm quite pleased for a colleague of mine (bless her she's a bit odd) who is pg with her first, she was planning a birth centre birth as her hubby is terrified of hospitals and she doesn't see the point of being in hospital unless she needs to...but our local BC is closed now (there's a campaign to reopen it) so she's planning a HB with her 1st!!

w00p...I like to think I've helped her with that decision, and she wants to buy my snuggle nest now Stanley is in his crib so she can co-sleep to start with, AND she's bought BumGenius nappies after she popped over and I gave her a talk through the cloth nappies I had.

Bwahahahaha I'm spreading the madness!

I hear good things about bum genius but wasn't sure if i should wait to get some til I had a baby to put in em. Would look out for second hand stuff so can take a while sometimes to find the right deal. Reckon I should wait? Bubs might have an odd shaped bottom or something.

I doubt I'll enspire anyone to hb. Everyone I know thinks I'm crackers and 'brave'.... !

ive gone for tots bots stretchies myself but i have been given some BG's to try.
i finaly got my washing line up yesterday so im really excited to give nappies a wash today and hang them out....im going nuts i think lol

its the samne for me cranberry, everyone just thinks im brave :dohh:

Oh I know I'm crackers!

BG nappies are brill, cant rate them highly enough, although both my newborns have had to wait a few weeks before fitting in them as they were on the small side at 6lb 11oz.

They're highly adaptable size wise with the snappers on front and either snappers or aplix waist.

im not expecting a small baby lol so i think i should be ok using my nappies from day 1. altho i have bought sposies to use at night until i get used to them. if i get on with my tots bots ile be buying lots more haha

I prefer not to use bg really as all my bitch ex friends who dumped me when I was ill use those.

I had some of my mummy friends over on Friday and 2 of them are pregnant again, and I don't think that I'll convince any of them to give birth at home; one had a previous c-section, and she said "i'll do whatever they tell me to do" (oh dear) and perhaps I've been a bit vigilante for the other! ;-)

Though I do think it was good for them to see all the birthing stuff that has been left here by the MW, think it made them realise that home birth isn't something medieval!

Our cloth nappies came from a baby show before DD was born. We got a large selection of different makes. I like the bum Gs. Some of the "pretty" ones are a bit impractical (take ages to dry and are too bulky - but they do look cute in the summer!). I would also say the early days can be hard, as you are doing so many nappy changes, but stick with it - once they have more soild poos it is much easier to lift them out and flush away.

**also, lots of councils have a voucher scheme to encourage re-usable nappies, so check that out. Our voucher was for £40 I think?!

XXx

I can just imagine you three sitting around with a cup of tea and the gas n air in the corner:)

I think with some ppl it's just a case of not being v high on their radar. They've probably got other things which they're passionate about which we'd say 'what's the point'.

I'll second that one the pretty nappy front, some are just annoying and others far too expensive.

At the end of the day its there to be popped in so get something that works, they may be dull but BG'd and Pop-ins are a fave with me.

Hahahaha - they did ask me where the GnA was!! We won't get it until MW comes, or I think they would have had a go..
..couldn't stop them using the dopler though, and taking their own blood pressure; llike a bizzare antenatal tea party! ;-)
XxX

I just thought, Indgio has been quiet for a few days!? Is it also happening/happened?
XXx

Bring on the babies!

Mind you I just got my 1st PP period, and it is strangely non crampy and light, I am hormonal though, I got sent an email earlier with pics of the 2 kittehs we rehomed before having Stanley OMG I cried for ages.

I dont think my hormones would cope with a good HB story I'd get all jealous!

I've been thinking about the hospital wanting to induce me even if all is well. Do i rly need to bother arguin with them? If it gets to the time and i just say no thanks will that be more hassle? ATM I've not bothered yet as they're still convinced I'll need to go on insulinand have a super complicated pregnancy even tho everything is totally fine. They keep mentioning magical 20-24 weeks for things to go haywire so I've just left it. Mw knows I want a hb. I've told the hospital I want a hb. You'd have thought they'd have twigged by now or maybe they're ignoring me just as much as I'm ignoring them.

Or I could wait til like 30w to bring it up. There's still yonks left after all even then. Main reason is I want consultant to sign off on it in case I go into hospital, don't want them jabbing me with anything unneccesarily just because it's protocol. Altho doula should help with that.

lol I'm still here.. had an emotional few days so been hibernating.

Good luck SmokeyJoe, I hope things are moving along nicely, be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes!

I've got MW today :sad1: ... I'm not looking forward to it. I've decided not to have a sweep today, and I just got a feeling she will not agree with my reasons which are:

Don't want to risk accidental ROM firstly, as then I'll be on the pressure clock. And because my dates are different to their dates I still think baby might need a few extra days. This is what I was trying to explain right at the beginning as the importance of dates at this stage. 8 days difference is big when you get to over 41wks.

Yes I'm massive, yes I'm uncomfortable, I'm getting trapped nerves in my back which is causing me pain which I can't take my usual painkillers for, and I can just about walk for a while before needing a rest, but I am prepared to deal with my discomforts for the benefit and health of my baby, is that so hard for some people to understand? My baby is fine and that's what matters to me the most.

What is so wrong about wanting to let your body go into labour naturally? I mean, the body and baby know when the best time is in the majority of cases right? So why is it frowned upon by soooo many? I don't get it... :wacko:

I will shut up now :blush: see this is why hibernating is good for me right now :haha:

*HUGS* Indigo, it's hard going when you can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, hang on in there, you're doing great and doing whats best by you and baby.

It'll be worth it.

come on ladies! ive got 4 weeks till my due date and i need to read lots more positive homebirth stories.

on a serious note tho i no how it feels to have labour signs and go over due and the waiting :( its not fun but worth it most of the time hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->