Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Wow ladies it is all very exciting and positive this evening!

Linzi - I think it would be absolutely awesome if you were on OBEM.. I'd do it in a second! And the biggest reason for me would be just to get home birth on the blinking show.. because if someone like me (you know, home birth crazy) wouldn't do it, then who would?
Oh could I also do with a bit of a pamper - I’m useless at sorting out my lady garden in the mirror at the moment.. and if I take anymore off my bikini line, I’ll have a blinking runway!
Congrats on The Kit coming tomorrow¬!

Indi - Pleased you are feeling happier, and we raised a laugh! J

Woohoo Celesse! Officially on the home birth list, and a great MW! Brilliant!

Lynnikins - Awesome news! Fab new place AND a home birth to cherish forever in it!

Xxx

Linzi that would be great, what an experience! And having the birth captured on camera is amazing in itself. :thumbup: Good luck with the appointment, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Booked a sweep for tomorrow afternoon, so any 'favourable' cervix thoughts welcomed :flower: I wonder if Smokey has finished with that stick...

Thanks Cranberry, I wreckon you helped! I lost my mucous plug! annnnd I have lower back ache coming and going. I've never been so happy to see a bit of jelly on a tissue :haha:

Linzi that would be great, what an experience! And having the birth captured on camera is amazing in itself. :thumbup: Good luck with the appointment, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Booked a sweep for tomorrow afternoon, so any 'favourable' cervix thoughts welcomed :flower: I wonder if Smokey has finished with that stick...

Thinking favourable thoughts hun, good luck xx

Wow ladies it is all very exciting and positive this evening!

Linzi - I think it would be absolutely awesome if you were on OBEM.. I'd do it in a second! And the biggest reason for me would be just to get home birth on the blinking show.. because if someone like me (you know, home birth crazy) wouldn't do it, then who would?
Oh could I also do with a bit of a pamper - I’m useless at sorting out my lady garden in the mirror at the moment.. and if I take anymore off my bikini line, I’ll have a blinking runway!
Congrats on The Kit coming tomorrow¬!

Indi - Pleased you are feeling happier, and we raised a laugh! J

Woohoo Celesse! Officially on the home birth list, and a great MW! Brilliant!

Lynnikins - Awesome news! Fab new place AND a home birth to cherish forever in it!

Xxx

I wou;d neevr have considered doing it before but I feel like the last 8 and a bit months have been a complete education for me, I never thought I would have learnt half the stuff I have and because of that I know I'm going to enjoy my birth. I am still nervous, but excited at the same time. I can't see how it could be a bad thing to pass that on to other women who maybe haven't considered a homebirth before, they might watch it and think its for them then also have a wonderful experience :) anyway, husband has to go for it first which is proving tricky which I can understand. We always have said we want it to just bne the 2 of us and especially as this is our last baby it seems more important. Anyway. A chat can't hurt :)

Jeez I don't feel pampered now I've had the absolute day from hell Im sure Ive aged 10 years :rofl: Seth woke up with a massive nosebleed, took 40 mins to stop, the three of us all needed showers because we were all covered and then rush off to the dentist. Went to the dentist, rushed to the hairdressers (hubby dropped seth at nursery), I walked home, got rained on my new haircut (sob) and lost, managed to get home, made a sandwich, nursery called to pick Seth up coz he was bleeding again, got seth, went to the Drs, came home, he had an acident when I was carrying him (yup he wee'd ON me half way home, on the bus), got him home and in the bath, got him out, he poo'd on the floor and all over his clothes, bath again, took him downstairs, he weed on the living room carpet. Fortunately my hubby arrived home from work so Ive managed to get any wee/poo/blood out of carpets/matresses/floors etc. My midwife is coming tomorrow :dohh: Said to Matt Im so pleased it wasn't today coz it look like something awful has happened in this house :rofl:

urr yeah so my hair is now rank and Ive 30 more wrinkles than I did at the start of the day :rofl:

xxx

Thanks Cranberry, I wreckon you helped! I lost my mucous plug! annnnd I have lower back ache coming and going. I've never been so happy to see a bit of jelly on a tissue :haha:

Aha! I knew I had a super power, Im Cervix Woman!

oh and less selfishly... how exciting :)

Go Indigo! :thumbup:

Linzi :hugs: What a day! Yip, Imagine if the producers had been there at the time, hehe. Hope today is better, you can't have too many days like that, can you?

I hope not, Im on the verge of asking my boss if they'll let me go back to work :haha:

xxx

Hi everyone! Just to say that I did get my homebirth without any midwife staffing issues! LO was born in the early hours of Friday morning, at home, and without so much as a paracetamol in sight :) I can highly reccommend Natal Hypnotherapy - it worked really well! One well chuffed Mummy here!

brilliant news, congratulations! I hope we will get to hear your birth story :happydance:

https://mamabirth.blogspot.com/2011/07/cannibalism-placentas-and-post-partum.html

haha love it! OH decided that actually he thinks its a bit sick and he doesnt want to cook the placenta anymore, MW said, fine, you will all get in bed and have skin on skin while I cook it, Jodie IS going to eat it!!

inzi how cool I think I would do it, if in circumstances like you said, you get control etc.. will be amazing to show a positive home birth and for you to have a professional record of it
good luck indigo! how exciting!!

I'm actually strongly leaning towards placenta encapsulation, as I'm veggie and couldn't stand the taste/texture/mere thought of anything vaguely meaty - but I'm really struggling to find the capsules here, seems I have to get them from the states and there may be a problem if they are intercepted by customs as they may think I'm manufacturing illegal drugs! I had a touch of PND last time, though I think the awful experience I had in hospital probably contributed to that, but it seems to make sense to consume it, every other mammal does. I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the smell of it steaming either, but I'll just have to deal with it. OH wrinkled his nose at the suggestion so I doubt he'll be willing to do it for me!

Way to go, Jodie's midwife, she's a legend!

I want to encapsulate the other half of the placenta as well....hadnt even thought of the fact I might not be able to get the capsules.....do I not realise I will be 37 weeks this friday, how long do I think i have left!!
yeah she is pretty cool! have a huge list of things to get ready for the birth, mostly food items! I thought the red wine was to drink but no its also in case of some circumstance or another!
waterbirth is not sounding promising, our water goes off overnight every night and we dont have hot water supply so would take hours to boil the pots of water and then no way of keeping it hot :( MW said she has a huge pot she will have with hot water and herbs oils etc for me to sit in and that will help with pain relief and softening so I might have to just be happy with a dry land home birth after all!

Oh Linzi what a day.. we love our little angels, but occasionally bedtime can't come soon enough! Sure your hair will look fab, I find it doesn’t look right anyway until I've had a chance to wash it at home.

Cranberry - Can I tap into your magical mystical cervical opening powers next week, when my MW is back from a conference in malta? ;-)

Wooohoo Indigo!!!! These babies and bodies DO know what's going on I swear it. Little pickle must have known about you planning on a sweep today?!

Hey Jodie - how you feeling?

Me - my sister has been sending me text everyday for the last 4 days for any updates - think she is worried that she is my on-call for DD! (she is the closest family I have and that is two hours away) It's not annoying me yet as she is quiet funny with it. Thing like "flying eagle to big bird.. fledgling in the nest?.. Over"
OH reminded me yesterday that if I go into labour during the day he maybe upto an hour and a half away with this job he's doing a the moment.. so I might have to start blowing up the pool myself! hehehe.. least that will keep me distracted, esp with my daughters help!

Still, we're not having this baby this week>> I'm determined to keep LO in! I’ve got be careful though or I’ll end up having it on my birthday on the 21st! Great b-day present, but call me selfish, I want that day to myself!
Xxx

ok, i shall save up the sparkle and unleash it the day after your bday :)

Im pretty terrified of PND as I have a history of falling apart, the only thing which makes me urk about placenta-canibalism (I think we should take the term back:p) is the actual drying etc but if someone else will put it in the machine, and we can leave it in the garage to cook then it might not be so bad. Then its just jerky which doesnt look like anything too icky does it!

Gonna set up a search for a dehydrator now on ebay! :haha:

awesome beech story
https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/07/12/an-informed-and-educated-breech-birth/

tbh breech was the one thing i was rly scared of, thought thats something which i would def go into hospital for (probably because I watched ER the other week, which is true to life as we know, and they had a breech feet first baby), i feel a bit better about it now. great website :)

Nikki how about smoothies? I'm veggie and know what you mean even though the placenta is technically vegan, I'd struggle to get past the meatyness.... Smoothies juts taste of the fresh fruit and you don't cook the placenta so there are no meaty smells either. I think it was lousielou who had hers over a few days in fruit smoothies. My client is going for this option. :)

Hmm, I dunno - I think just knowing it was there would make me imagine I could taste it! I suppose the same could be said of capsules but I already take capsules of various things that are minging, or have done in the past, with no taste, so that gives the psycological edge IYKWIM? Maybe I'll try a teeny bit and see if I gag, but I think the encapsulation is useful for taking it long-term, although I suppose I could freeze it in portions... I think the OH is going to think I've flipped my lid no matter what way I do it!! The other thing is he's not veggie so if I put it in the freezer in bits, there's a real danger of him and the wee one eating it by accident - now that would gross me out, If I found them tucking into it with some spuds, haha! (don't know why, when I'm thinking of scoffing it, but it's just a wierd thought)

Gawd, my mind is wandering in silly directions way too much these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->