Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Morning ladies :flower:

Smoothies sound interesting, I never even considered that as an option. I hope you manage to find a way to encapsulate it. I personally don't think I could stomach it in any way apart from capsules and Im not even veggie, so can totally see where you're coming from!

Midwife came round this morning for my homebirth booking, very exciting!! Im 37 weeks tomorrow, she said that if I go into labour today I would have to go to hospital (which I agreed with but seems a bit pointless as Im not sure entirely what is going to change in the next13 hours, so if it DID happen, Im staying here. But there you go).

She also mentioned that my GPs surgery do not advocate homebirths at all, I wont be able to speak to my GP or anyone at the surgery apart from her about anything surrounding the birth, and they refuse to prescribe pethedine or other pain relief also. So I guess my dilemma has been solved, looks like Ill be having a completely meds free birth. Probably for the best but it's made me a bit angry. As far as I know the GP has nothing to do with the birth anyway, so I have no idea why it's their place to be controlling about issues surrounding or pain relief Im allowed. Never mind.

I also had a contraction when she was feeling baby too, I never felt it though. But she said she had a feeling I wouldn't be long.

So Im on the countdown now!!

Hope everyone is feeling ok today :)

xx

ive got 3 days to go till they cant make me go into hospital if labour starts :happydance:
altho since yesterday ive been getting really intense engaging pains that feel like they did when i was in early labour with zane :S but no contractions so im just trying to take it was easy as i can.

got the go see the mw today....drives me buts because its not easy for me to get there and zanes in a mood so it always seems so pointless going to her when shes late and does the same old crap and then i go home.

im hopefuly going to blow the pool up tonight when zanes in bed and have a dry practice lol

feeling ok here my children are being nice to me for once and both taking a morning nap, time for a cup of tea and crumpets i think lol

Well after having a few days of hip pain it seems to of gone away today, on other news someone will be giving bith in my house before me!! lol We are expecting puppies!!

chant open in a hippy type way :)

no other sensible advice tho, sorry. good on you for sticking to your guns. they really do seem like the most massive idiots

Indigo- Your consultant sound like a right idiot. You could add nipple stimulation to list of things to try, and make sure the sex is orgasmic for you. I was once told by a midwife that him on top (as close to missionary postition as possible at 42 weeks pregnant!) very rigorous sex is best for getting labour going.

aww indigo :hugs: good luck hun try going for a nice long walk xx

Indigo, I'm going away this weekend so it'll happen then, when I go away there's always some news I miss on!

Cor what a knob Indigo! I don't blame you for not wanting to go near the place. 18 hours in I called the hospital to get a mw and my contractions stopped as soon as I dialled the number and didn't get back to it til nearly an hour later. My advice is to just keep going along, keep busy or rest or whatever you fancy. Don't think about the medics at all.

hey bourne...good thanks! very unprepared though, the whole pregnancy ive been waiting to feel "pregnant", have just felt really good and have loved being pregnant again that the end has crept up on me, I cant believe I will be term, 37 weeks, this friday! also have had a bad stomach for abour 3 days now TMI sorry, but what with the altitude and OH having me walk up the sides of mountains at quick pace I feel a bit weak! cranberry please keep your magic away from me for a while, im not ready!
haha at least your sister is trying to make light of it! and yes try and keep your birthday to yourself, nothing wrong with that! :)
thanks for the positive breech story chuck! I really need them at the moment. MW says we can still do homebirth with breech, its not a problem for her, im just a bit scared I guess if something went wrong and we had to get to the hospital..
good for you indigo! have you listened to any birthing affirmations? I had my on my ipod last night when OH got home, he took my headphones off and started saying, "I can feel my body opening like a flower, Im ready to birth my baby" in a really dippy voice lol! totally killed my relaxation but was very funny

Smoothies sound interesting, I never even considered that as an option. I hope you manage to find a way to encapsulate it. I personally don't think I could stomach it in any way apart from capsules and Im not even veggie, so can totally see where you're coming from!

Midwife came round this morning for my homebirth booking, very exciting!! Im 37 weeks tomorrow, she said that if I go into labour today I would have to go to hospital (which I agreed with but seems a bit pointless as Im not sure entirely what is going to change in the next13 hours, so if it DID happen, Im staying here. But there you go).

She also mentioned that my GPs surgery do not advocate homebirths at all, I wont be able to speak to my GP or anyone at the surgery apart from her about anything surrounding the birth, and they refuse to prescribe pethedine or other pain relief also. So I guess my dilemma has been solved, looks like Ill be having a completely meds free birth. Probably for the best but it's made me a bit angry. As far as I know the GP has nothing to do with the birth anyway, so I have no idea why it's their place to be controlling about issues surrounding or pain relief Im allowed. Never mind.

I also had a contraction when she was feeling baby too, I never felt it though. But she said she had a feeling I wouldn't be long.

xx

That's just ridiculous!

And the second bit, take it with a pinch of salt, I mean be prepared yes, but honestly to save you the frustration I've had don't even think you will be early. My MW kept saying each week from 37-39, "yep you're so ready to go, I can't see it being long now" really convinced me I was going to be either early or around my EDD and obviously you can see I've not yet lol I was also having really strong braxtons from 37wks and was convinced they would turn into true ones.

Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy :flower:

good for you indigo! have you listened to any birthing affirmations? I had my on my ipod last night when OH got home, he took my headphones off and started saying, "I can feel my body opening like a flower, Im ready to birth my baby" in a really dippy voice lol! totally killed my relaxation but was very funny

Hiya Jodie, yes I have listened to them loads, and told baby I'm ready and it does feel a little bit silly :haha: but if it works I'm all for it! can't hurt can it. I'll have to try the 'opening like a flower' one :thumbup: I can imagine my hubby too, he'd find it hard to keep a straight face listening to me saying about opening my flower lol

Jodie, found this great story about breech delivery with twins!! Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration out of it! https://www.diaperswappers.com//forum/showthread.php?t=1171168

i watched an amazing breech home water birth delivery video on youtube, really inspiring

xx

That's just ridiculous!

And the second bit, take it with a pinch of salt, I mean be prepared yes, but honestly to save you the frustration I've had don't even think you will be early. My MW kept saying each week from 37-39, "yep you're so ready to go, I can't see it being long now" really convinced me I was going to be either early or around my EDD and obviously you can see I've not yet lol I was also having really strong braxtons from 37wks and was convinced they would turn into true ones.

Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy :flower:

Thank you hun Im fully preparing myself to go overdue tbh, Im not worried about going overdue as long as I don't have to be induced. I have a feeling this one will need dragging out by her ears though we've had so many false starts now.

How are your niggles going hun? anything else?

Well, we've just had the lady from OBEM round. She was really lovely & wont go into it too much but I would absolutely LOVE to do it, and Im so desperate to. But we're both (me & hubby) kind of leaning towards no now for the same reason - our living room isnt huge. There will be 2 of us, 2 (possibly 3 if a student attends) midwives and a lady with a camera and some small lighting. She said to us at any point if we're uncomfortable we can ask her to leave, and she will stay out of the way, but I just don't want anything to take away from this experience. If I was going to have another baby I would probably say yes, but this is going to be our last so I don't know.

Just don't know what to do!! It seems like such a good opportunity I don't want to regret turning it down, but I don't want to put any extra stress on myself at the same time.

xxx

Niggles wise, feel same as last night again, think I've got some thinning or dilating going on with cervix, and some backache again, hopefully sex will get things going :)

Glad the appointment went well, how long have you got to have a think about it?

Tbh indigo, if I were you I'd just happen to be out whenever the phone rings tomorrow. See the mw on fri (if you need to) and give yourself space tomorrow.

Tough one linzi. I don't think I could do it but I would love to see such births on tv!

I dont know really just a few days I think, we would need to film the interview sections next week/week after so not long.

Totally stuck what to do!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"