Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

https://mamabirth.blogspot.com/2011/07/cannibalism-placentas-and-post-partum.html

Said it better..what go have a screaming row LOL?!

I truly believe thats what allowed me to go into labour, I was tense and worked up about wanting my HBAC and no one supporting me that I screamed the place down and came to terms with the fact that other people may be in the room but I was doing it alone and sod it In darned well could do it alone !

You know what I bloody did too!

Hahahaha!

Yeah I think that is just what's needed!

Indigo - Oi fatty.. wanna start a fight?! ;-)
Xxx

I loved being massive each time, it's the only times I've ever felt proud of my body and felt that I looked awesome.

Hubby did point and laugh at me when I was big but I didnt care, being massively pg is frickin awesome looking.

This was me quite late on with Stanley
[IMG]https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/miss_charlie_photo/57a075c2.jpg[/IMG]...love it

I LOVE your tattoos!!! I have one booked in for my theigh in November, about the same size, cannot wait!!! You look amazing hun lovely bump :)

Congratulations solitaire!

Welcome so many newbies! This thread is buzzing, I had loads of pages to go through. Big hugs to Indigo. What a shitter. I hope baby comes soon and you don't have any horrid decisions to make.

And look at all you foxy ladies! Bourne you are so wrong that all preg women look beautiful, you clearly have never seen me pregnant!! Not that I'm especially lovely not pregnant but I look like walking death when I'm pregnant, the whole way through. No bloom. And I think I have a single bump pic I like from 20 something weeks with Byron. I have never had the beautiful smooth looking bumps you ladies seem to have. Mine is all hairy stretchmarks!!! Very jealous of women who wear pregnancy so well. :D

I really thought some of you regulars would've had babies by now but perhaps Smokey is getting hers right now? :happydance: Feels funny reading through this with my probably 12pm by now 2 month old in my arms. Can't believe she was ever 6lb10, or ever in my tum!

We use bumgenius. I like them a lot though was a little surprised to see on their website that the year warranty is void if you wash higher than 40 given that the label says to wash at 60. Not sure that can even be legal! I've got a new mum friend whose due date was the day after mine getting some BG and I've touted them to others in the breastfeeding group I go to. We only get £25 from our council.

2 months already?! Where is the time going!!!

So, Im on maternity leave now, after I slightly stressful mornign Ive gone out & got myself pampered.... hair done, eyebrows waxed and a very long walk (only by accident though, I got lost). Midwife is coming 8am tomorrow to drop my kit off, and then Ill be 37 weeks :happydance: praying for baby to come in the next 5 weeks!! I have been thinking more & more about sweeps and I think I'll probably try and avoid one as well, although Im concerend about my dates, I think Im a week ahead of what they've put me at. But anyway. We'll see, hopefully wont come to that anyway as she feels like she's been trying to break out!!

Started on the raspberry leaf tea last night & it's gorgeous, I love it! :haha: wish I got a bigger box!! I thought it was just used to induce labour but I spoke to a lovely lady in Holland and Barrtt who told me thats not the case, a lot of people take it from around 32/33 weeks to help tone the muscles of their wombs. So I thought I would try it and its yummy :)

How is everybody today?

xxx

Linzi...thigh tattoo's are easy. good place to get something big, easy to sit for.

Mind you I got mine done at a convention, not so easy to sit for LOL.

lol I can imagine Im so nervous but really excited for mine :) xx

16 week appointment today. First time I've seen my own midwife this pregnancy and she is so fab. First thing she asked was "where are we having this baby then?". And there was no undermining, or lecturing, or telling me what to do, just information on how it works up here if I choose to have a HBAC. So I'm now officially on my local home birth list, with a little note saying VBAC.

I'm enjoying this celesse I see developing......she seems to be getting stronger every time she posts :D

Linzi - yeah RLT isn't used to help start labour. As the lady said it's a uterine tonic and I think it really helps with second stage and PP bleeding.

eeek got a meeting with a lady from OBEM tomorrow night, she seemed really interested in us and was so lovely & reassuring!!

How exciting :)

xxx

Ooooh how exciting!!! It would be so cool to have one of the Leeds group on there!! Go linzi!! :D

Just got to persuade my husband first :dohh: I might just get him drunk to agree to it :haha:

xxx

Is he going to be with you when you meet her tonight? You can pull out at any point which is especially good as if the 'observation' hinders things you won't feel bad telling them to sling their hooks! But if they are discreet etc then it has the potential to be an amazing thing to have forever. I'd just want to know I got to see the final edit before I said yes.

oh good stuff celesse!

Glad to see other ladies in other areas alos having supportive MW's who don't make an issue of HBAC!

Wow linzi! You just keep us posted if you're on it.

Nb. It's meant to say 12lb in my previous post. 12pm is courtesy of autocorrect and makes no sense. :wacko:

good old iphones.

I like how it thinks 'okies' is piles.

Have you seen this site...
https://damnyouautocorrect.com/

Is he going to be with you when you meet her tonight? You can pull out at any point which is especially good as if the 'observation' hinders things you won't feel bad telling them to sling their hooks! But if they are discreet etc then it has the potential to be an amazing thing to have forever. I'd just want to know I got to see the final edit before I said yes.

She said that they don't film anything between the legs etc they want to show the experience and emotions behind giving birth, thje focus isnt on the physical part of it iykwim? She also said we would get what they intend to show before they broadcast it, and we can tell them what we want or dont want in it as well which is perfect :)

Matt will be there tomorrow to meet her too so hopefully she'll be able to talk him round. Think the only thing that will do it is the cash tbh :(

xxx

thats exciting about obem :) either way you get a hopefully nice record of the birth

x

I have that link permanently open on my iPhone chuck, it often has me crying with laughter!

My phone always corrected piles to pikes because naturally I'm most likely to be talking about fish! Lately it corrects me to mr quite often. And I particularly hate how it adds a possessive apostrophe to plurals all the bloody time so that I come out looking illiterate.

Hi ladies, here to sign up lol, seriously now considering homebirth as a good option, you doubtless all have seen my list of "reasons(excuses)" to have a MW unit birth but now we may be moving before my EDD to somewhere much closer to the hospital and larger house so id have the space and privacy that this house lacks to have a homebirth and was talking to DH about it and he is coming round to the idea i think hes working down the line of " wherever you are most comfortable" but i'll no doubt have to reassure him somewhat about things . Now to tell my MW and Consultant the news lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->