Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Jodie theres a FB page 'birth without fear' and they're doing a breech special this week, this is awesome double breech birth at home!!

https://www.diaperswappers.com//forum/showthread.php?t=1171168

Hey smokey has been quiet for a couple of days....hope she's enjoying her post HBAC baby moon!!! :D

Oh Indigo frustrated for you>
Since when does a self regulating organisation such as our MW take instructions from consultants? If your MW is unhappy about it PERSONALLY that's fine, but to say what she has is INCORRECT and I can't fathom what the increased risks the consultant perceives in doing this at home as apposed to the hospital. I mean heaven forbid you go into labour at home!!! All the assesments after the sweep on baby (it@s just taking HR> can be done at home)

There must be a MW who CAN perform a sweep at home, it is indicated for your gestation, if you want it.

Be careful hon

Get you going stuff: best one has to be let go and relax>> hope you can switch off from all this nonsense!
Also orgasums! with OH or might be quicker on your own! hehehe! Let the oxytocin flow!
xXx

Anyone caught the bbc breakfast news?

Theres an item about the midwifery shakeup and the Royal College of OB/GYN are calling for fewer women to have hospital births (no shit sherlock!) but the guy that was on the sofa said more women should be birthing in MLU's or 'even' homebirths.

LOL I did snigger a loittle but he actually said it.

Sian sat there going OMG but dont women need Dr's and some women want them around just in case kinda thing which put a downer on it but an OB on TV stating that 90% women birthing in hospital is too many and MLU & HB's should increase.

...SO STOP CLOSING MLU'S DAMMIT!!!

Yeah my husband told me about that this morning, he said he sniggered too at some of the comments.

At least they're catching on.

xxx

oh..I want to out MM as a great big fibber!

I've spied her over in labour and birth!

Useful article for ladies in the US..ACOG guidelines on going 40 +
https://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp069.cfm

Funnily enough despite the delight of OB's stateside to induce prior to 42 weeks it isnt actually recommended by ACOG if everything is ok...hmmmm

my doula sent me a artical saying where the whole 40 weeks of pregnancy came from ect and that its incorrect. ile find and post the link now

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1047180/the_lie_of_the_edd_why_your_due_date.html?cat=25

why did i just bother? lol i just posted on a homebirth vs hospital birth in the second tri i can tell im going to get really pissed off by this thread.

Haha, I've posted on one about induction for scheduling family flights, I thought I held back pretty well, wanted to say FFS, what are you thinking!! But I didn't, but already someone has started to get shitty, here we go... I should learn, shouldn't I?

Haha, I've posted on one about induction for scheduling family flights, I thought I held back pretty well, wanted to say FFS, what are you thinking!! But I didn't, but already someone has started to get shitty, here we go... I should learn, shouldn't I?

i saw one of those threads and thought no im going to stay away! ive heard some daft things in my time but planning induction just for family is beyond me...seen as if ur body isnt ready it can take days :dohh:

stay away from the thread about "preparing to battle" then lol

Deleted - Sorry I meant to post in the second tri - I'm going to wade in!! ;-)
Xx

Oh Indigo frustrated for you>
Since when does a self regulating organisation such as our MW take instructions from consultants? If your MW is unhappy about it PERSONALLY that's fine, but to say what she has is INCORRECT and I can't fathom what the increased risks the consultant perceives in doing this at home as apposed to the hospital. I mean heaven forbid you go into labour at home!!! All the assesments after the sweep on baby (it@s just taking HR> can be done at home)

There must be a MW who CAN perform a sweep at home, it is indicated for your gestation, if you want it.

Be careful hon

Get you going stuff: best one has to be let go and relax>> hope you can switch off from all this nonsense!
Also orgasums! with OH or might be quicker on your own! hehehe! Let the oxytocin flow!
xXx

My reply was getting lengthy so I'm PM'ing you for advice :flower:

I replied to the thread. The NICU nurse made me giggle, ofc shes only going to see the poorly babies - the healthy ones wont be paraded past the windows just so they can gain a sense of proportion :)

Someone start a thread about placenta eating 'whats the best dehumidifier to buy for my placenta' or something, then sit back and watch it get out of hand hehe

lynn, if you decide to give into temptation and start a thread like that, post a link! Would love to have a peak. FYI I still have my placenta in the freezer! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->