Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh dear God, I appear to have got myself into a war on the home v's Hospital birth thread, some of these women are soooo touchy - you give them facts and they say you are talking down to them or belittling them, I can't keep my mouth shut though when someone's spouting nonsense - Hellllp!

im on there too and have come to realise they are just too narrow minded to actualy listen to facts.
and its actualy them being childish and trying to belittle homebirths

Bourne, that's great news about your plug! My fingers are crossed for you. I have my first (and hopefully the only) sweep this morning which I am not looking forward to but have decided to go for. I hope it helps!

Also, it's a full moon tonight - perhaps that will get things going! :)

Just found this online, really interesting, from the great Dr Michael Odent: https://www.waysofthewisewoman.com/dr-michel-odent-notes-obgyn-studies.html

Good luck Murmur!

Stay away ladies, eliminate the toxic people from your life! I move forwards and never look backwards, that's how I am, otherwise I'd drive myself mad going over and over things in my head. Having a positive board and thread like this one is will do far more to enhance the reputation of home birthing than arguing with randoms on heated threads. Remember, you can't argue with stupid people, they only beat you with experience ;)

Morning ladies!
Well I'm full of the joys becuase I have started to loose my plug! Only a little tinge so far.. so we are going out as usual this morning, and as I have I think quite a bit of time, I called my mum and dad to give them a heads up and perhaps take my daughter from about lunch time - but we will see how we go.

Oh I missed the birth battle thread, I've been wading in the hosp v home one - I'll be getting into that one as a brilliant distraction later on! ;-) As I'm one of those people you know whos "into home birth" - does this lady think of it as though it is some type of hobby? funny.
XXx

Good luck hun!!! hope things are starting up for you!!

I lost more plug this morning but I have been for like 6 weeks now. Just hoping it's not actually meaning anything as Im going to stay with my parents in newcastle for the weekend. Sods law it'll happen when we're up there :haha:

xxx

Morning ladies!
Well I'm full of the joys becuase I have started to loose my plug! Only a little tinge so far.. so we are going out as usual this morning, and as I have I think quite a bit of time, I called my mum and dad to give them a heads up and perhaps take my daughter from about lunch time - but we will see how we go.

Oh I missed the birth battle thread, I've been wading in the hosp v home one - I'll be getting into that one as a brilliant distraction later on! ;-) As I'm one of those people you know whos "into home birth" - does this lady think of it as though it is some type of hobby? funny.
XXx

Good luck hun!!! hope things are starting up for you!!

I lost more plug this morning but I have been for like 6 weeks now. Just hoping it's not actually meaning anything as Im going to stay with my parents in newcastle for the weekend. Sods law it'll happen when we're up there :haha:

xxx

Wave on your way past :thumbup:

oh wow just read the hospital vs homebirth cannot believe some people think its so so dangerous although most of them seem to be from the US

oh wow just read the hospital vs homebirth cannot believe some people think its so so dangerous although most of them seem to be from the US

it does seem alot of people from the US/Canada are alot more closed minded when it comes to natural birth. maybe it because its so medicalised over there

it does seem alot of people from the US/Canada are alot more closed minded when it comes to natural birth. maybe it because its so medicalised over there

Yep. It doesn't surprise me at all that women from the US would be so close minded about home birth. We spend more money on birth than any other country. There really is no such thing as a natural birth in the hospital. :cry:

I watched Orgasmic Birth last night, and it was great. It really struck me the difference between a home birth/natural birth mother and a hospital birth mother when she is talking about her birth. Very rarely do I see a HB/NB mother not just radiate happiness and bliss when talking about her birth. I never see that with hospital birth mothers. Our birth system here is just such a mess.

I just dont get why pple think they will want everything under the sun when in labor, surely the wise thing is to keep options open and plan to take it as it goes.

i guess i got a bit spoilt by my mums Homebirth Midwives she had with my brother and sister and the care they gave her. why cant women just have faith in their own bodies

I agree with irish cob....As my husband always says....you can't reason with a fool....

Yay for plugs Bourne!!! Full moon tonight I believe!!!

And then you have us crazy US moms who say sod it all and go unassisted because they can't get the proper care they want without everything medicalized being shoved down their throats.MWs and doctors are too afraid of being sued and loosing their licenses that they can't help but meddle, it seems:nope:

/rant :thumbup:

I'm bailing out of that thread now I think, it really annoys me how that woman says everyone is belittling her choices everytime we point out something that is said that isn't factual. She was on about us judging folks for pain relief choices when nobody had mentioned that yet. It's a shame as most folk seem to take on board what's being said, just 2 or 3 have got their backs up and are being argumentative as hell. I think it's perfectly fair to point out something that's factually incorrect, but that seems to be deemed as "talking down" and judgemental. I give up.

Oh I feel ya. My mom is a mid-wife and so I am fairly well educated in this area. I am constantly torn between saying something and not.. I feel like they either don't care or they think I am a know it all! I had a home birth. And it wasn't dangerous it was BEAUTIFUL! And if you choose to be educated and have a mid wife with experience it's perfectly safe. Just be ready if something goes wrong so you can get to the hospital when you need to. I feel that being uneducated is dangerous..

Morning ladies!

XXx

What date is it that your MW is back? I started losing my plug Tuesday I think it was, by MY dates 40+3, then more on 40+5 and more yesterday, but baby not here yet. Does mean your body is preparing and after seeing your vagina post.. hmmm you might have your baby before I do!

Are you walking? Any sex? Nipple stimulation can help also Evening prim rose can help too. Have you considered taking castor oil? Oh and fresh pineapple too... Relax and just be honest with the baby and just tell it that it's time for it to come. They were wrong on my dates by 2 weeks. And when she was born at 40 + 2 days they said she was probably 38 weeks. So it's definitely possible that they are just wrong... How early was your first ultrasound? Sorry I am getting wordy... RELAX you will not have the baby if you can't do that. This baby will come. Just give it plenty of reasons too. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->