Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Indigo really sorry that the stress is happening. All I rly can suggest is have some quiet time and do some visualisations. They might not work straight away or at all but you seem rly stressed and need some you time

Again tho, good on you for standing your ground. They have their policy and that's fine. You have yours! Imagine if you said to dr oh it's against our policy! Would be hilarious:)

Hugs

Indigo. PLEASE remember YOU hold the power. YOU. You dont have to do anything to appease or pacify them. If you don't want sweeps (as you've seen how they can just be tiring, misrerable and counterproductive) then decline! Be strong. Say thanks but no thanks. And you don't need ANYONE'S support or blessing to have your home birth, least of all your consultant. If you dont want to set foot back in there again, you doth have to. You can go for your monitoring, decline sweeps and wait for the inevitable to happen. Stick your iPod in while you're being monitored and then just leave once it's done. They can't lie to you if it's all ok so make sure it is for YOUR peace of mind but no one else's. Then leave. And my advice is to stop trying to get the baby to come and trust that both your body and your baby know EXACTLY when the time is right. Don't have sex, eat curry or go for walks for any other reason than you WANT to. All of this stuff is raising your adrenaline levels and telling your body and baby 'not now - it's not safe'. The adrenaline of the consultant is infectious too.

Trust. Please trust. Your baby WILL come. To my knowledge no woman has been pregnant forever. Trust YOUR dates. Trust YOUR instincts. They may try to tell you they have yours and your baby's best interests at heart, and yes to a degree that's true but above that is their duty to act defensively. But know this. No one.... no one on this planet holds your baby's best interests in higher regard than you, it's mother.

Keep the faith indigo x

I agree with everything everyone has said Indigo. Before my Indigo arrived I got to 40 weeks and felt despair. My son came at 38 weeks and I had totally expected the same. 40+1 was my lowest point - maybe this is where you are right now - I just sat and cried all day. DH just went about his business looking after Byron and walking the dog as he knew there was nothing he could do. Blimey I'm welling up just thinking about how miserable I felt (and I didn't have the section issue you have to add to that weight). By teatime I felt a lot better. That evening we went for a walk, the three of is. It was the furthest I'd been able to walk all pregnancy and was just so wonderful that I relaxed. That night my plug went and contractions started at teatime the next day.

I spent those early hours listening to hypno and visualising dilation and once or twice I really felt it happening. I went into myself but it was with relaxation not anxiety this time.

Be easy on yourself. I am sure LO will come.

And you ladies are evil. You made me look for that thread and now I'm knee deep!

I
And you ladies are evil. You made me look for that thread and now I'm knee deep!

Haha, it's impossible not to though, isn't it? You've made some really brilliant points though so I'm glad you are in it!

Aw thank you. :D It's the first time I've done this not pregnant. It's refreshing and I don't have to have the awful argument-lurch in my tummy because it doesn't matter what they say now.

Thankyou for the support ladies :hugs:

I've been for the monitoring this morning and it didn't go as smoothly as the CTG I had yesterday, of course baby was fine, but totally asleep and didn't move for ages :dohh: you can imagine the MW... what a nightmare. The good thing was that it was quieter and less rushed than a weekday appointment. Only a few 'priority' women get on the weekend appointments, and we got seen so much quicker.

After having a think I've made a new plan that I feel happy with. I'm going to go in for monitoring tomorrow and have another sweep (as it was so quiet) then on monday I'm going to cancel that appointment and give myself a break from the hospital. The only reason I agreed to the CTG'ing was to get a sweep anyway, so I've got what I wanted, I need to take the control back, as I'm happiest when I'm in control of the situation, and obviously the last 2 days I've felt very emotional and low and out of control and complying which I don't usually do.

Of course I'm hoping that labour will just start today, and I'll be able to avoid all that. I've been as active as I can, taken raspberry leaf from 32 weeks, EPO both ways, tried clary sage, acupressure points, bouncing on ball, sex, spicy food, telling baby I'm ready, affirmations and hypno cd, and finally the sweep yesterday. The only thing I didn't want to try was castor oil because I've read there is a chance it might cause baby to poo and that really is the last thing I need, I'll end up straight in the hospital and CS.

I need to relax a bit more I think :thumbup: and just keep occupied and wait for the stork to arrive... :yellow:

im expecting the sh*t to hit the fan with my hospital if i go over 42 weeks. ive already been told they will leave me to go over 14 days.....they must think im stupid lol

my sister did a poo when my mum was in labour so this doctor came towards my mum with forceps, my mum screamed f ff and gave a huge push and my sister was out lol so it drives me nuts when sections are mentioned just because of poo.

maybe try a can of lager indigo? i heard it can bring on labour so with zane i had a can and early labour started afew hours later, even tho i still ended up being induced

:wave: HI! so Here i am pregnant AGAIN! and hoping for a Homebirth! Midwife seemed up for it at my booking apointment she asked if i wanted one before i even mentioned it! very exited!! :happydance:

Indigo you are so strong and you are right, you need a break from the hospital and all the pressure - give yourself your baby and your family sometime to get to that place where the oxytocin can flow. I'm thinking of you, it makes me so sad that you feel presured in this way. You need to get back to what you want, and not loose sight of it.

Everyone here supports you and MM has given you some of the best advice. I couldn't have said it better!

I have everything crossed for you that you just simpy will not want or need to go back to the hosptial again.

Lots of love
xxx

I wanted to say thank you for all the postive vibes yeterday because....

We have had our baby!!

Little girl, born at 9.32 last night in the pool in the living room, it was a bit fast a furious - (way more than my daughters birth).. and I had my orginal antenatal MW in come and a MW from my home birth group, who I just love - I couldn't have asked for 2 MWs that I trusted more to be there (other than my MW who was away of course!), oh and a student, as she hadn't been to a home birth. So everything turned out just perfectly and we are so happy and feeling so well.

Here are a few pictures..

Attachments

• CIMG2941.jpg
    CIMG2941.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG2947.jpg
    CIMG2947.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG2951.jpg
    CIMG2951.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG2955.jpg
    CIMG2955.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 48
  • CIMG2956.jpg
    CIMG2956.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 47
and some more!

xxx

Attachments

• CIMG2957.jpg
    CIMG2957.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG2963.jpg
    CIMG2963.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 44
  • CIMG2965.jpg
    CIMG2965.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG2964.jpg
    CIMG2964.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG2968.jpg
    CIMG2968.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 44
thats whats freaking me out most about a waterbirth is it turning red once coreys born lol

yeah i know it looks freaky, it was a surprise-ish for me, because with my first daughter, I didn't loose any blood in the pool.
xxx

when i had zane i was on a bed and apparently lost alot of blood i just didnt see it, so im expecting to be swimming around in red water lol ile be very happy if i dont tho.

shes gorgeous :D have u named her yet?

Wow Bourne you did it and got your homebirth! Awesome!! The pics are marvellous. :D. I am eternally going to have pool envy I think. Was she a due date baby then? Congratulations!

Oh my god, I can't believe you've had your beautiful baby!!! I was not expecting that! You kept that quiet lol :flower:

Congratulations :cloud9: xxx it was a full moon last night wasn't it?

Amazing pictures, cannot wait for birth story x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->