Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I've only mainly been trolling this thread waiting for you to have your LO bourne and am so glad I did, as I lost it and started crying when I saw all your lovely pictures. I'm just so happy for you I don't have enough words to describe it. You are truly such an inspiration to women and I feel blessed to have known you just a small bit. I wish you the best.

It was lovely meeting everyone I did here. But I think this'll be me signing off for a few years. There's a part of me that is convinced I can manage a VBAC even with the torn uterus I have. (even though DH will have none of that, lol) So who knows what'll happen. Good luck to everyone with their homebirths. Keep the faith!

:flower:

Big huge Jenni. Keep in touch. :hugs:

I'm in trouble on that thread for saying a vbac in the UK doesn't have to be in hospital. No matter how much you like your mw or trust her judgement it's still a lie if she says you can only birth in hospital. :dohh:

Big huge Jenni. Keep in touch. :hugs:

I'm in trouble on that thread for saying a vbac in the UK doesn't have to be in hospital. No matter how much you like your mw or trust her judgement it's still a lie if she says you can only birth in hospital. :dohh:

Oh, but there must be a reason. Because midwives and doctors would neeeeeever say something without a perfectly good reason, right? I mean, they have all the power for some reason? We should all be good little girls and do as they say because we can't possibly learn things for ourselves. :dohh:

personally i want a home birth because i was left alone 99% of the time after my c section they never even gave me pain killers till the next day and when i asked for food i was totally ignored , my mum took me home the next day because she was shocked i put in a complaint
if i need another c section fine but i wont be sitting round like i dont exsist ]

massive congratulations bourne! amazing pics :)

indigo so hope things kick off for you hun :hugs: xx

Why does this make me want to smash my head off a wall.

'I'd recommend an epidural to anyone......and it was a good job I had one because I needed ventouse and episiotomy and stitches!'

*head desk*

Why does this make me want to smash my head off a wall.

'I'd recommend an epidural to anyone......and it was a good job I had one because I needed ventouse and episiotomy and stitches!'

*head desk*

hahaha i feel the same!

i had a unnecessary episiotomy and stitches and i cant say i needed a epidural for that.

those threads make me laugh, it always seems the homebirthers are genuinely trying to offer advice, be supporting of women who are thinking of having one and help them by encouraging them to feel positive and know the facts etc, (exactly what I have found so useful myself as someone who was pretty ignorant previously about homebirthing) and then all bar one of the people who prefer hospital birth just come along and start slagging everyone off and saying you all look down on them etc and are condescending!! they dont ever have anything helpful or factual to add to the conversation/debate!

a "friend" has just told me that if my baby stays breech I will have to have a c section! erm no I said, I can have a vaginal birth, hey I can even still have my homebirth! she said but surely you would prefer the c section anyway? they really arent that bad, my recovery was fine! :dohh:

I frickin knew it I go away for the weekend and a baby arrives!

Awsome stuff Bourne!

Need to catch yup properly tomorrow!

Ladies for the sake of your blood pressure, stay away. I've not even entered the labour and birth forum let alone read a thread (will power like steel :lol: ). You'll make yourselves completely frustrated and get yourselves all upset, I've been there and done it (with other emotive topics on other forums), and there's no point to it. Those who are interested will come and have a look in here, this lovely, fab supportive forum, and that will do far more to make home birth a genuine alternative for many more ladies.

I've only mainly been trolling this thread waiting for you to have your LO bourne and am so glad I did, as I lost it and started crying when I saw all your lovely pictures. I'm just so happy for you I don't have enough words to describe it. You are truly such an inspiration to women and I feel blessed to have known you just a small bit. I wish you the best.

It was lovely meeting everyone I did here. But I think this'll be me signing off for a few years. There's a part of me that is convinced I can manage a VBAC even with the torn uterus I have. (even though DH will have none of that, lol) So who knows what'll happen. Good luck to everyone with their homebirths. Keep the faith!

:flower:

:hugs: Jenniflower. Sorry, I don't know your full story - do you know which way your uterus tore? I know that if the incision extended sideways, along the line of the cut, then it may be ill-advised to have a VBAC, but mine also tore, but downwards and it's been deemed as OK. Do you have your notes? Is there any indication in there about what occurred, and a letter or anything saying whether you'd be suitable or not? I'm only asking as when my original midwife heard I'd been torn, she said I'd probably not be suitable, but when I got my notes and we examined them together (complete with the crappiest wee drawing I've ever seen!) she realised it wasn't what she thought. I had a letter in there from the consultant or whoever it was who sliced and diced me saying that I would suitable for VBAC in future. She also had ended up with a section last time and she had torn sideways both sides and said that her notes are stamped - NOT suitable for VBAC, all over the place, but hers was a very bad tear on both sides. I think it can also depend on the length of time between pregnancies.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit, but I just wanted to let you know not all tears are equal and perhaps there is still some hope for you yet. I'm in NZ, so things may be a bit different here, but I'm sure with a bit of poking around you can find out, if you don't know already. Best of luck and I hope you don't dissapear off here altogether. xxx

Good morning ladies. Just wanted to let you know that my son Michael was born at home in our birth pool yesterday after 30 hours of labour and 2 and a half hours of pushing. I managed it on gas and air and a couple of paracetemol on the first day.

Michael is beautiful, however midwives had some concerns about him as he was very mucusy and gurgly. So we ended up going up to hospital where they checked him over and think he might have a small infection so he was admitted for monitoring and being given anti- biotics. He was on the NICU ward last night and I couldn't stay with him but hopefully he will be transferred to a normal ward today and I will be allowed to stay. All being well he will come home tomorrow.

The birth was an amazing experience but a total blur. I think it is going to take me quite a while to actually process everything that has happened this weekend.

Will try to write a full birth story up at some point soon. xxx

Congratulations murmur! I'm sorry your boy has an infection but it's great he was so promptly attended. Well done on your 30 hours!

Awwwww Congrats Murmur!

Jenni, keep positive and stay strong you are an amazing woman and if you decide to have another baby you'll do it your way no matter what way that is. You are empowered and informed enough now to make your choices and get what you want.

Now then what thread has got you all riled? Something in Labour and birth I take it?

Second tri I think - hosptial v home. Ive refused to risk my eyes bleeding by looking at it!

Huge congrats murmur!! Well done on your home birth and fingers crossed Michael is home with you very soon x

ah I saw this mentioned before I went away but didnt see the thread.

Might duck in later if I have time and some energy. We went camping this weekend as a trial run ready for our week away in COrnwall in August. It's tiring. PLus I've come to the conclusion that Stanley is an effing show off. He gave us the 2 best nights sleep we've ever had while camping, he nearly slept right through on Saturday night! I guess it was all the fresh air. aLAst night I was up for an hour and half trying to settle the little bugger who was thrashing about like he was hungry but refused to take any milk and was just being a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->