Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oh hun. Don't feel that way. Be strong. Atleast you care. Do you know how many women just don't care?? That in it's self is something amazing. And you can always try again. :) Atleast you tried.

Oh my friend with the transverse baby (and no interest in doing anything other than what the mw told her) did the stuff off spinning babies (don't think she stood on her head in water, don't even know how one would so that) and baby turned :)

And I agree. A lot of women wouldn't think twice about it. Says a lot.

Oh my friend with the transverse baby (and no interest in doing anything other than what the mw told her) did the stuff off spinning babies (don't think she stood on her head in water, don't even know how one would so that) and baby turned :)

haha excellent!

I agree with mm, chuck, you've not failed but have been let down. I've only known you through this pregnancy and I think you were awesome.

Coincidentally, I visited a friend today with her 4 week old baby who happens to have tongue tie. Fortunately she seems to be doing fine bf. :thumbup:

Oh I've a friend on an extended visit to the hospital because of transverse baby. Been there nearly 2 weeks and is 37 weeks now. :( I thought I would refuse to stay in but there seems to be fears about cord prolapse because of foot presentation so I dunno. :shrug: I recommended spinning babies too and she's been hanging over the bed regularly but no joy. :(

Indigo, yes they do still do them. There's a bloody NICE Guideline for tongue tie in breastfed babies, FFS! Oooh, this really gets to me.

i remember when we went to see the consultant to see if they would snip dewi and a lady was bf'ing her tt baby...it was all could do not to cry hysterically having sit and see that at the time, you could even hear the little guys tongue making that clucking noise as he fed.

I know the boyos havent suffered at all they're doing great after all but I feel a bit like I've missed out on something precious.

Chuck, (and I'm treading ever so lightly here, so don't be upset please....) I know support is a big issue. I'd so be willing to be your go-to girl. Stanley's only 2.5 months... Have you thought about re-lactation?

I dont see how I'd honestly be able to dedicate the time I would need to it with a crazed toddler and a house to sort out.

But thanks for the thought amanda, Plus without any support from hubby I cant see it working.

I love that you are spreading nutteritis chuck!! We are like bloody dandelions!! Blowing our little seeds everywhere, planting here and there and taking root.....and just like dandelions you'll never get rid of us buggers!!

I dont see how I'd honestly be able to dedicate the time I would need to it with a crazed toddler and a house to sort out.

But thanks for the thought amanda, Plus without any support from hubby I cant see it working.

I understand. If you ever want to discuss it though, or anything at all really, I'm always happy to be here for you (and you know I'm not too far away until February, at least). :hugs:

aha more proof baby brain exists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14279123

If I get the okay for a vbac and everything goes well in my next pregnancy, I would like to consider a home water birth. I am really worried that I will not be able to cope with the pain though. I have a pretty low pain tolerance. What can I do to convince myself that I can do it and try to get over the fear I have of the pain (is there anything other than just telling myself I can doit?)?

If I get the okay for a vbac and everything goes well in my next pregnancy, I would like to consider a home water birth. I am really worried that I will not be able to cope with the pain though. I have a pretty low pain tolerance. What can I do to convince myself that I can do it and try to get over the fear I have of the pain (is there anything other than just telling myself I can doit?)?

Knowledge.

I learnt an awful lot after my EMCS and wanting to HBAC. I realised that labour doesn't have to be painful but it will be intense. If you are scared you'll be tense and makes things painful.

If you can cope with the recovery from a CS you'll so great in labour - the experience is much shorter!

Water really is the best relief from all the discomforts of late pregnancy and contractions - its amazing.

With water, a good supportive birth partner and positive thinking you'll be surprised what you can do.

Have a look at natal hypntherapy they do a VBAC specific course that goes through some fear release exercises surrounding your CS and will teach you relaxation and breathing techniques to help with labour.

Hi. No advice really apart from to say that the water should give a certain amount of relief. You can have some drugs at home if you want too. Pethadine I think and gas n air

On a separate topic.... I just dreamt I breast fed my CATS!!! It's this threads fault lol. Had to chase them round the garden to force it on them. Freakish dream ><

https://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-woman-breastfeeding-cat-9603239.html

NNNNOOOOOOoooooooo

what the heck :shock: cat teeth are like needles.

im a total wimp when it comes to pain, but child birth is so different u cant compare normal pain to it.

i knew with my first that i did not want a epidural and the pain relief i did have really didnt do anything (i tried gas and air and i had pethadine which just made me sleep inbetween contractions, so it made my contractions seem really long and horrible)

i cant say im looking forward to labour but i think thats because everyone gets scared of the unknown

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->