Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I must say I didn't notice transition as being transition, I did get rather shivery and wanting another blanket despite knowing I was warm and I was sick at one point (I'm guessing this was transition) but I didn't get the terrified/panicky?I cant do this thing.

I didn't like pushing much.......

I feel the same. I didn't like transition.(which was prolonged in my opinion) And pushing was ok..(I really didn't like it) But I would rather go thru contractions then push. I only pushed 6 times with Baylee though so I guess that wasn't bad.

What I do remember well is this. After she was born and in my arms I said," I could to that again." It was worth every contraction and every moment of discomfort for a amazing birth experience and a beautiful baby girl. I also use the term intense not pain because really it isn't pain like when you cut yourself your body isn't ripping into. It's different which is why intensity works better for describing it in my opinion.

Really quite funny though chuck. lol

i was in transition with ds2 when i sat down on the loo lol and realised he was right there my waters went and i yelled for DH to help me back out and to the bed i was shaking bigtime, with ds1 i dont remember it but did think " i cant do this " several times when they were getting the ventouse ready

id like OH to catch the baby and I want it to be him that announces the sex, if not then me, but im trying not to get too caught up on specific details as I dont want to feel dissapointment if certain things cant happen certain ways when it comes down to it ifkwim?
cranberry I think that about squatting! looks awkward afterwards trying to get your leg over the cord to bring baby round to your front and sit down all in one move!
and lol re your OH and his blood test!! thats good you dont need the rh d though, I do, mine is sitting waiting in the fridge for afterwards
yes moomin what a lovely pic :)

the main thing I remember about pushing is the MWs telling me that if I could speak (i kept saying, I dont want to poo myself ha ha) then I wasnt pushing properly! they were saying it should take all my breath and might to push. now since looking into the homebirths ive read loads about breathing baby down and involuntary pushing, does anyone have any experience of this and didnt actually feel like they were going to burst every vein in their face to strain their baby out?

hi rebaby, welcome :flower:

I had contractions for 2 hours last night! I was very excited but it was a false alarm. OH was at work and I kept thinking how will I know when this is real to call him! also im not sure if baby is breech again, doesnt feel engaged anymore at all and bubs keeps having hiccups in all different parts of the bump but including where it was when was breech. I think we will get a scan tomorrow as the MW said she needs to know if baby is breech

I think my pushing was largely involuntary but the might of my body doing it could haul timber! I don't think I popped any facial blood vessels (lol) but I did trap a nerve that gave me a migraine and neck pain for a week. :wacko:

Helloo

I have news. Its a boy bump :o either way is lovely but its really brought it home now we know. Theres no doubting it, legs wiiiiide open this time for the whole 20 mins :rofl:

Theres a vid of the scan on my journal page 176 if you want a look. Its standard scan stuff which Im sure youve all seen before.

x

i cant say i had any facial tension when pushing either of the boys out, i think i tore cuas i pushed too hard with EJ lol and with Nate i was so out of it and tired i gave it what i could but they pretty much dragged him out with the ventouse

Hubby said when I was pushing the veins weren't just sticking out on my neck and face but they had popped out on my boobs too where I was working so hard.

Which reminds me I made him take a couple piccies of us only seconds after he was born (I'll have blank out some rudey bits) but I may have to share the horror of my hard worked nekkid form at somepoint when I get him to send me the pics

Hi all!!

Am going to start joining in here.. am nearly in the third trimester! I had a brilliant natural birth with ds2 and this time I'm going for a homebirth :)

I begged for the epidural when I was pushing :dohh: the midwife kept saying to me "someone is bringing one now, they wont be long" and eventually had to get my hubby to break the news to me that it was too late for it. I was gutted. However I remember about an hour after Seth was born saying "I could do that again, maybe not today, but tomorrow" :rofl: it's a very strange experience and as much as I didn't really enjoy it, I will be sad after this time because I know I won't be doing it again, and Im only 24.

But oh well :)

I got approached by someone different at OBEM on Thursday in the Drs waiting room :rofl: they must be desperate round here for people!!

xxx

Hi Fides! :) glad there are at least 2 of us from the November lot going for homebirth! :)

Re: Transition - when I was in transition with ds2 I was slightly preoccupied as I was in the car going to hospital, and then being taken up to the delivery room. I was pretty sure it was transition because I remember thinking 'this is too much, I can't do it any more' and my focus was on all the women in my family through the generations who have done this too and managed it so that means I can too. It's the only thing that kept me going. The only time I really yelled was when ds entered the birth canal and I remember thinking 'oh sh*t I really can't do this but *delirious laugh in my head* what can I do about it?!' lol. And you really do forget about it once they're born. I can't wait to do it again!

linzi im only 23 and i no i wont be doing this again lol
2 boys is more then enough for me

I remember thinking of past birth stories during transition, the one from Business of Being Born (I think) when sirens went by and the mum said "that's my ride" :lol: and how so many women say they want an epi. Even then I thought I really don't but I did briefly wish there was a ventouse to hand!

I also was on a total birth high. I loved being in the ambulance when transferring for my placenta (something I obviously regret now) and withered on to everyone about how we were going to get pregnant again while I was on leave. But by the end of my week not being able to sit I felt considerably less enamoured!

I remember thinking of past birth stories during transition, the one from Business of Being Born (I think) when sirens went by and the mum said "that's my ride" :lol: and how so many women say they want an epi. Even then I thought I really don't but I did briefly wish there was a ventouse to hand!

I also was on a total birth high. I loved being in the ambulance when transferring for my placenta (something I obviously regret now) and withered on to everyone about how we were going to get pregnant again while I was on leave. But by the end of my week not being able to sit I felt considerably less enamoured!

Same here, i was pooped and wanted them to just pull the little bugger out!

Soooooooo glad they didn't, and so glad they dint cut me despite the pushing being slow (apparently - I have no idea how long I was pushing but MW praised the slow pushing for leaving my foof intact).

I ma also glad the MW gave me the ol' 'we'll wait for the Dr and see what they say' brush off when I whimpered for pethadine once I had gotten form ambulance to hospital. She did later say 'sorry but I looked at your husband and shook my head and he he seemed to understand' LOL

My transition with Hebe went 'get me out of this f@@kin pool, get me out of this f@@kin birth centre and up to where the epidurals are!!!' :lol: she was born 20 mins later. With Sidney I said to the MW very calmly 'just examin me, tell me how many cms I am and then ring an ambulance, I've had enough now' :lol: she said 'what can they do in hospital that I cant do here?' 'a ceserean!' was my reply. I wasn't hysterical or angry like I was with Hebe but I definitely did not care how the baby came out at that stage. Again 20 mins later out he plopped!

LOL I love how much we fight for a natural birth and believe in natural birthing but so many of us yell for anything other than a natural birth at some point!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->