Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

After the horrible labour and EMCS I didnt think I would look forward to labour but in the end I was actually excited about it and did look forward to it.

It was ace, I would do my labour with Stanley again in a heartbeat all 9 hours of it. It was brill (although I would take out the ambulance ride, so 8 and a half hours LOL)

after labour with Nate i was scared of labour again but did my reading and research and was deterimined the same wouldnt happen again and by the time it came to it i was looking forward to it with EJ n would happily do it again minus the hecticness of the birth itself and the induction gel

i could do without the pushing in lithotomy that was hard work...the ctx were easy in comparison.

yeah id like to actually know the MW catching my baby first next time hehehe

Me and OH are playing catch - i dont want the MW to touch me through my labour there is no need (and thats if i call her at all tbh)

im just going to see how i feel at the time lol i might catch corey myself or might leave that to the mw

Tbh Im looking forward to my homebirth but Im not looking forward to giving birth at all if that makes sense.

The pain is ok, I can handle that, Im just worried about the pressure 'pushing' feeling, scares me, I think its the most horrible feeling Ive ever had *shudders*

Also (TMI) but I have piles develop the past few weeks & Im terrified of the aftermath :( already very uncomfy & midwife said they'll only get worse.

But I am looking very much forward to having a daughter, seeing her little face & holding her for the first time

xxx

Id quite like to give birth squatting with dh pulling on my arms to keep me up, but I saw someone do it and it looked great, then when baby is out she cant sit down easily and her arms were occupied so couldnt snatch the baby off the mw easily. im sure theres a way round it but not quite sure what that way is ^^

DH gave blood a few weeks ago so we could find out his blood type, hes pissed and moaned about it ever since, to be fair he does have a bruise still, but seriously, thats all he has to complain about the entire pregnancy!

Hes rh neg too so not getting the anti-d :happydance: im sure its perfectly safe but if i dont need it then even better.

Now that I've actually had it Linzi I know what you mean. I really enjoyed the first 20 hours but the couple with transition and pushing were something else and left me in shock. I confess if we do have more kids I'll be a bit afraid of doing that again but I also know that it was over fast and there's nothing you can do but give in to it.

I don't know what position I was in exactly. Kind of on my back but sort of sat up in the corner if the settee. When I was pushing it felt like my pelvis was sky high but I don't know in reality what I was like. DH was behind the settee leaning over holding and supporting me under my arms. I must've been a monstrous hold! Lol. The mw did deliver. There was anxiety about Indigo's heartrate hence being out the pool. I was so out of it, or rather within my body, I don't think I had the wits to think about catching anyway.

Moonin your new avatar is lovely!

the pressure feeling isnt nice at all lol but then when it came to pushing zane out i couldnt feel a thing (well i felt his body come out on just the one side), so im scared of tearing and the ring of fire hahaha

cant go back now ive got to get it done but i cant say im looking forward to it or the after at all

I quite liked the pushing stage :blush: Must be weird!

I must say I didn't notice transition as being transition, I did get rather shivery and wanting another blanket despite knowing I was warm and I was sick at one point (I'm guessing this was transition) but I didn't get the terrified/panicky?I cant do this thing.

I didn't like pushing much, I do remember feeling like I couldnt do it while I was pushing and wishing they would just get the bloody ventouse out LOL but that only lasted a couple ctx, I guess I felt like I wasnt making much progress, but once she said he wasnt sliding back at all and did I want to touch his head I powered through.

I did hear the MW tell me I know it hurts it's ok but you need to push through it to meet your baby he's nearly here (this was after I felt his head) and thinking F**K it if I tear I tear but he is coming out and giving it some welly....ouchy burning quickly followed.

Did anyone else think as their baby came out 'bloody hell they're lumpy'!!

PB I remember feeling shocked after Stanley was on my tummy...I shook violently for ages afterwards.

Women don't all transition in that 'classic' 'stop the bus I wanna get off' kind of way. Shivering is a common one. I remember a client sitting on the loo for a wee before she got in the pool. Very calm just doing her breathing until she sat down and that position must have just tipped things. She was shuddering almost uncontrollably, saying nothing and looking at me wide eyed.....she got off, sprinted to the pool, lept in before l could finish saying 'just check the temperature before you ge....' and gave birth 10 mins later!

I'm one of those people who tend to shake/feel cold, I did both times after I had GA, and when I had my epi with Dewi I felt cold but was warm.

Just thought i'd jump in as a homebirth hopeful for later this year...hello! :flower:

nothing happened to me during transition with zane. i was lying on my side eyes closed just getting thru the contractions then the next thing im shouting get someone i need to push because the mw wasnt answering the buzzer.

so maybe thats another thing ile have this time

If I had transition with Byron I sure didn't know about it but I have a flash bulb memory of collapsing at the bottom of the stairs after going for a pee and wailing "I can't do it" and wondering in the back of my mind whether the neighbour was listening! :lol: And yes chuck I couldn't believe how lumpy she was! As an observer they slip out like creme brûlée! I think the lumps were part of my mad inner vision, they were mountains and valleys on the world that was get head. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->