Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hmmm that was when men werent allowed or deemed a good thing with a labouring woman...I rickin they yelled for the men to come so they could get some pay back.

Heyyy all! Well I didn't end up having a home birth, I could have everything was here but having only moved in one week ago today, it just wasn't quite ready!
Never mind, not too disappointed, the new birth unit in Newcastle is lovely and I got to have a very natural, minimal pain/lovely birth! There's a lot to be said for just listening/trusting your body. Didn't even need gas, just breathing, had him in the pool, three pushes and he was in my arms! Was all a bit mad, feeling great, not battered much at all down there LOL which is a surprise!
Maybe next time will be at home :D Good luck everyone!

Congrats missy!

Birth Centres are brill arent they?!

3 pushes!!! Jealous!! Although Stanley was my 2nd, Dewi was a EMCS with no pushing so I had to do a few more than 3 LOL!

nyn
my focus was on all the women in my family through the generations who have done this too and managed it so that means I can too
thats cool I will keep that in mind too :)

haha moomin corey is launch ready according to your ticker!

in transition I said I wanted an epi, and I definitely didnt, and I know I would have run away if they even tried to come near me with one! and I was saying all the classics, help me, get the baby out of me now, I cant do it, im dying ha hahahaha!! of course I was fine afterwards, well they gave me pethidine at that point and I wished that hadnt it just clouded everything. oh well there wont be any this time at home! but im worried about OH as his main worry is seeing me in pain and wanting me to go to hospital and im trying to make him realise I might say everything under the sun but still dont want or need to go to hospital (unless in some genuine medical emergency in which case MW will be the caller of that) so he must stay calm and realise that!
preinterventiion I reckon women just yelled help me or get the baby out still, or yeah yelled at the men who caused it ha ha!

mark&annie your birth sounds lovely and perfect! and the new pic is adorable :cloud9:

hmmm i think i should change my avatar, I'm 24 weeks pg in that and Stanley is nearly 3 months old now!

launch ready! hahahaha i didnt even notice.

other then it getting harder to keep up with zane, sweating like a pig and generaly feeling crappy im happy for him to stay put hahaha

I'm so pleased it wasnn't just me who asked for pain relief :rofl: Although not as pleased as I am they didn't give me it!! No one expected my labour to go as quick as it did so I think when I first asked for the epi they might have ordered it but then realised it was going a bit quickly & cancelled :/ I think I spent the rest of my labour trying to kick the midwife who kept lying to me about the Dr "just being round the corner" and telling me to quieten down :haha:

launch ready! hahahaha i didnt even notice.

other then it getting harder to keep up with zane, sweating like a pig and generaly feeling crappy im happy for him to stay put hahaha

:hugs: is your doula back yet hun?

xxx

yeah my doulas back now, i saw her yesterday and had abit of a chat. ive got everything i need in i think, apart from a feeding bra which ile go get tomorrow.

my washing machine broke thursday, called content insurures friday they were taking too long so saturday bought a new washer and it was delievered today so im impressed hahaha

evening everybody how are you all?
we are ok here, im glad the summer hols is a week down as im feeling a bit uncomfy when running round after the kids atm!
my FIL came round this evening with our buggy that he fixed (yay... my precious icandy is back!!) and he has offered to buy our birth pool :) how sweet bless him - he did add that he didnt 'get' the home birth thing but meh... thats cool he doesnt need to, his son does so thats all that matters to me lol

What icandy do you have hun?

We had the apple and turned it into a pear..OMG how effing heavy is it to push now?!?!?! It was lush as a single and now I hate it. Huff.

Im in pram confusion. no shops exists which sell them all so you can actually compare. by the time you get to the next shop youve forgotten what you liked in the first one!

I was very boring during transition and said nothing until i got the urge to push. I never did say I couldn't do it but my OH was at home cos he needed to have a sleep :)roll:) and my mum had to call him. I was convinced he would miss it and said 'omg i knew he would miss it, knew it' :rofl: As soon as she was born (as in still attached to me) i said 'that wasnt as bad as everyone said it was, id defo do it again' ha.

weve got the cherry so its nice and light - ive got a sling addiction so i probably wont use it much at first but im soooo glad to have it back!

cranberry do kiddicare have a store? they have a HUGE range of pushchairs

I was very boring during transition and said nothing until i got the urge to push. I never did say I couldn't do it but my OH was at home cos he needed to have a sleep :)roll:) and my mum had to call him. I was convinced he would miss it and said 'omg i knew he would miss it, knew it' :rofl: As soon as she was born (as in still attached to me) i said 'that wasnt as bad as everyone said it was, id defo do it again' ha.

:rofl: sounds like my OH, during the whole of my labour all I heard from him was "this chair is so uncomfortable, it's really hurting my back, its cold in here wish I'd brought my jumper, Im bored wish I brought the DS :dohh:" one reason for a homebirth if anything so I don't have to listen to him complaining again :rofl:

xxx

I'm pretty sure me asking for an epidural (a few minutes after I let the doctor examine me, who said I was only 4-5cm when a midwife who'd examined me not even 45 minutes previously said I was 6-7cm.....so that didn't help) was transition. I wish they'd looked at my birth plan, tried to reason with me, talk to my husband....something! (Bless my husband, he did try to remind me that I didn't want an epidural; but when I told him I was convinced I could do it if I was 6-7cm but knew I couldn't if I was "only" 4-5cm, he relayed the message.) They actually seemed excited to get an IV line in me and get me into a hospital gown. I'm still happy that both anaesthetists were stuck in theatre because I didn't get it and obviously didn't need it, as he was born not long after.

:rofl: sounds like my OH, during the whole of my labour all I heard from him was "this chair is so uncomfortable, it's really hurting my back, its cold in here wish I'd brought my jumper, Im bored wish I brought the DS :dohh:" one reason for a homebirth if anything so I don't have to listen to him complaining again :rofl:

xxx

haha poor man, not! my Mum always says the midwife was fussing over my dad more than her when I was born as he was feeling faint ha ha!
my OH (at the time) went to work while I was in labour and made it back just for the actual birth! waste of space! he wasnt there when Kacie died either, didnt like the hospital :wacko: thank god for my amazing man I have found now all these years later for my second birth experience!

ur ex was obviously a waste of space who didnt deserve u or kacie :( tw*t!

when i was in labour with zane my oh had to keep leaving the hospital because we had a leak in our flat the morning of my induction so he wanted to make sure they were fixing it :dohh:
but when he was there he wasnt really much use lol he rubbed my back when i shouted at him and i caught him cutting his nails at one point.

after i had zane he decided he needed to go my mums n have a shower n get dressed even before i was....bloody men

thanks hun
haha men are funny arent they, I think even the good ones can feel a bit lost in the whole birthing process! my OH is an absolutely amazing man and such a calm patient person but he still worries about it, he worries he wont be able to handle seeing me in pain but ive told him its his job to keep me calm and not freak out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->