Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Nikki thank you for sharing your angel's story with us. You're in our prayers xxx

Nikki I sit here with tears in my eyes for the loss of you beautiful boys. I am so sorry you had to enduring such a difficult and painful experience. I hope for healing and strength for you and your family.

Thankyou for being brave enough to share your story and my heart bleeds for the loss of your children, I pray you will all find a way through this very difficult time and bond more as a family holding onto the strenght you have between you.

I never had the chance to get to know you Nikki as I've just joined in this thread, but I wanted to say how terribly sorry I am and I hope that you can somehow find the strength to keep going.. I can't even begin to understand how you feel. :hugs:

Right ladies I'm off camping with the Boyos for a week in Lizard where phone signal does not exist.

When I return to civilisation I expect babies!

i hope not to dissapoint lol

i do think ur nuts camping tho i hate it hahaha

Babies always arrive when I'm away, I miss the general excitment of Ooooh where's she gone!

LOL

that might work in my favour then lol
im happy for him to stay in but im getting so tired looking after zane while pregnant

Have fun camping!

We're supposed to be going camping sometime in August.. promised ds1 we would as he's been asking for ages. But am not really looking forward to it lol! at least not the sleeping part!

Have fun chuck!

I'm still here, still cautiously planning my home water birth. Starting to feel slightly anxious about the whole thing, rather than 100% positive like I was before, I'm starting to realise it's going to be hard physically and emotionally and I'm worried I won't be able to cope.

Because I couldn't tolerate the GTT I got sent for a 2 hour post-prandial (after a meal) blood sugar test, and had that yesterday. Been phoned already by the Drs receptionist who said my blood sugar levels are slightly elevated and I need to speak to a Dr. They can't get a Dr to call me back until Thursday tho, that's not a lot of good! I had a full blood count done at the same time and my iron levels are also low so I'm expecting to be prescribed some iron supplements. Hopefully that will perk me up a bit and stop me feeling so breathless. Am a touch worried about the blood sugar though, does that mean I'll get railroaded into interventions etc? I wonder if slightly elevated equals gestational diabetes?

Am hoping some antenatal sessions with my doula will make me a bit happier about everything. I still need to make sure I have everything I need for blob. Just bought a new Moses basket mattress and fitted sheets. I'm sure I've forgotten something essential. Do I need a steriliser if I'm planning to breastfeed? My mum said she never had one, but others have said they're sterilising their LO's bowls and spoons now they've moved onto solid food. Seems a bit of a faff to me - I am ridiculously lazy. At what point do you stop sterilising? Do I really even have to begin?

A lot of the mums on this thread found that Spatone or Floradix worked a tonne better than iron tablets at getting their Hb up (and they don't bung you up like the tablets), so do check those out.

I'm sure there was someone that was borderline GD but can't remember who. But do read here.

Finally, steriliser. Personally, I didn't see the point of sterilising things when he was 6 months + because he was grabbing god-knows-what and putting it in his mouth, and you can't sterilise everything. If you're exclusively breastfeeding, no you don't need one. I never had one until I started expressing for return to work, and I've since discovered that you don't need to sterilise with expressed breastmilk like you need to with formula, so I started just doing a hot, soapy wash.

yes hope you are having fun chuck and I definitely want to have baby news for you when you are back! Ive told my LO his or her labour should start this evening before OH goes to work and Id like him or h er to arrive just after sunrise watching the andes mountains out of the living room window hahahahaha you think LO will follow my plan?
woke up to some contraction again but not much else to report.
had a scan yesterday, baby head down and has grown quite a bit in 2 weeks! little abdomen has grown 13mm :D the cord was once around babys neck but the MW said its not a problem at all, and 1 in 4 of her deliveries are like that!? as she knows she will just have to unwrap it after the head has been born
she also said I need to go back to my 2 hours walking a day if I want to make the labour better, easier, quicker....ive been bad on that front as stomach has been so bad ive not wanted to leave the house for long!

2 hrs is pretty long, phew. Im guessing but is it coldish there atm? you never know, baby might follow the plan, visualisation becoming reality etc :haha:

Had our second attempt at the anomaly scan today and have to go back a THIRD time as they couldnt see the spine properly this time. They did confirm it was a boy tho which is good and all other things look good.

its only cold at night, or indoors as we are high up, but outside in the sun its really hot my head would burn!
ah thats good news cranberry :)

Have fun chuck!! I only enjoy camping if there's alcohol involved :haha:

Due day after tomorrow, can't believe how quickly it's come round!

xxx

Have fun chuck!!

Alright ladies, I have one more question if you don't mind. This may be a silly question, but what happens to the baby after a home birth? At the hospital, they get the vit K, heel prick, hear test.... How does this go, do you take them to the hospital later for all this?

I THINK Vitk is done at home, heel prick is done by a midwife a few days after the birth & hearing test is done at a health centre at about 3 weeks :)

xxx

they can do all that at home, so its best to have a flat surface avaible so the mw can check over the baby safetly.

ive opted not to have the vit k unless the birth is traumatic for corey then he will have it, and zane wasnt given a hearing test till he was a week old but that might just be my area

Oooh can i be updated please? :) We're having a boy!!! Midwife is really happy with the idea of my home birth :) Although, I should be moving before LO gets here fingers x'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->