Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

im hoping amelie will be at nursery or in bed when I deliver but if not, oh well :shrug:

if i start labour in the day im gonna have friends on standby who can come pick up the boys or take them to the park if they start to irritate me though likly being i wont start labour till they are safely tucked into bed anyway. got to recruit the friends now to have the boys pity nobody lives really close to us and family is so far away. knowing my luck i'll start in labour just as OH gets to work one day and just grin and bear all day with the kids around me it till hes on the way home then go take a bath while he gets the kids ready for bed and then it will all kick off once they are asleep

The women with children I've been with have laboured evening/night time and their LOs have got up to the best present ever :cloud9:

Re the pool. My rule is this....it your pool, get in it when the fook you like! :lol:

mervs mum, thats what i figured, i was labouring both times overnight with the boys and my mum laboured through the night for all her children bar the last one when she went into labour when we were out looking at new houses lol she was being really desperate to get home and we all wondered why she got so mad when dad stopped to get takeaway on the way home and she disaapeared into the bathroom as soon as we got in and my sister was born 3 hrs later

sam, that looks so barbaric!!! hope it doesn't hurt too much.. made my stomach turn!

Depending on the time.. if I labor during the night I will leave the kids to sleep, if it's during the day my Mum will come and pick them up and bring them back once LO is born :)

Well I laboured throuh the night and into the next day. Gave birth at 4.30pm. Though I didn't see much of Byron and DH took him for the dogwalk and things in the morning, the second the door was closed on my mum and Byron going out for a bit I zipped through the labour and after a total of 22 hours Indigo arrived only 1 and a quarter after Byron left the house. I had wanted him them but in the end I was pretty out of control during second stage and I wouldn't want him thinking it hurt mumma so much to get a sibling.

Hi girls, I'd like to cautiously join you in my quest to have a home birth, but also ask some questions too if that is ok.

Abit about me, my name is Siobhan (you can call Shiv :winkwink:) and I haev one daughter Sophia who will be 2 in a couple of weeks. I gave had a water birth at birth centre with her and feel the next step is to try for a home birth.

My issue is that currently baby is lying transverse. I am doing everything I can to get the baby to turn but feel that I can't really push ahead with my plans for a home birth whilst he/she is still transverse. SO this leads me ot me first questions

Have any of you got any experience with transverse lie babies and did your baby move?

Also i don't want to buy a birth pool only to have to have a c-section (and believe me I REALLY don't want a c-section). So how late can I leave it to order a pool (I am thinking la bassine)?

I feel like my plans are on hold because of the threat of a c-section, and I want to go ahead and get excited about, and organised for a lovley relaxing home birth...............but I just don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed and to have to have the complete opposite birth experience :cry:

Any advice or help would be gratefully received. I really hope bubs moves soon so that I can share my home birth preps with you all, because you seem like a really positive bunch of ladies :thumbup:

corey was transvers and moved around to head down within a hour lol so at 32 weeks its easy for them to do this so i really wouldnt worry.

are they saying u might need a section because lo is transverse? if so thats abit early to be scaring u like that :(

corey was transvers and moved around to head down within a hour lol so at 32 weeks its easy for them to do this so i really wouldnt worry.

are they saying u might need a section because lo is transverse? if so thats abit early to be scaring u like that :(

I have just moved town and my first midwife appt was hideous here. She scared me about c-section and also told me that if I went for a home birth the chances are they would be too busy to send anyone out to me. She was a charmer, I am seeing a different midwife next time so I am hoping she is a bit more positive. I have never met a midwife before who actually seemed anti birth :haha:

How old was corey when he moved head down?

even if they tell u they are understaffed they have to send someone out to u so dont let them scare u!

i was 32 weeks when i was told corey was transverse and messuring small, within 2 hours of going hospital for a growth scan he was head down hahaha

then it felt like he went transverse again, but from about 36 weeks hes been head down and not moved again

Having read this thread I did counter the midwife with - I believe you HAVE to send someone out to me, to which she replied, if there is no-one available then you'll have to make do with paramedics!

stuck up cow thats a load of bull. some mws really piss me off lol

to help baby move head down u can sit on a birthing ball, walk around, get on all fours that type of thing.

coreys head down but hes back to back which im not impressed with and hes now engaged and is killing me lol

Both of mine were transverse to 36 weeks. A friend of mine who is 38 weeks just spent a fortnight in hospital because of transverse lie. They were worried about cord prolapse because of a feet presentation. Not sure I would've consented to go in but fortunately never faced that. The baby turned a couple of days before 38 weeks and engaged right away.

For me a pool was almost as important ad the homebirth but I ended up being in it for about 4 contractions and giving birth on the settee moments after being taken out. I wouldn't let the pool buying get in the way of your homebirthjng plans. How about identifying a place with fast delivery you can use if the baby makes a last minute turn?

Is the NHS guidelines changing? My mums good friend is a MW and said theyre stopping homebirths in fife (shes very pro HB as shes a community MW) and just ferrying ladies to hospitals in ambulances :shock:

to help baby move head down u can sit on a birthing ball, walk around, get on all fours that type of thing.

coreys head down but hes back to back which im not impressed with and hes now engaged and is killing me lol

Get walking stairs to get him to turn!

The women with children I've been with have laboured evening/night time and their LOs have got up to the best present ever :cloud9:

Re the pool. My rule is this....it your pool, get in it when the fook you like! :lol:

I can't wait for this :cloud9: I think I'm more excited about seeing little mans face when he sees his new baby than most other things!

Hi shiv sorry I don't have anything useful to say but I hope you manage the birth you want :)

So it's my due date tomorrow!! Can't believe it has come round so quick. & thankfully my homebirth kit arrived this morning finally!! Im pretty sure tomorrow wont be the day though, as Seth was born on his due date and 2 due date babies seems fairly impossible!

I was just wondering about if I get to 42 weeks. What is the objection with giving birth at home if you go over 42 weeks? I assume if you're being monitored in hospital and everything is ok, then it should be safe to give birth at home? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I don't have any reason to think I might go that far overdue, but just trying to do some research as my next appointment will be for a sweep & boooking in of an induction, which I want to avoid as much as possible.

xxx

Apparently you go in for monitoring everyday and they do a scan or 2 to check liqor levels and stuff. Obviously there is a limit as the placenta will deteroriate but my MW says you can usually negotiate an extra week or so but ultimately its down to the consultant and out of the MWs hands :roll:

Shiv, check out the Spinning Babies website. And read up on the homebirth website as well. Baby will likely turn, and if it were me I'd plan for the homebirth. Because you can plan a homebirth and transfer in at any stage. But you can't plan a hospital birth and then go home (well, you could of course, although they'd be all dramatic about it).

Get walking stairs to get him to turn!

ive got a down stairs loo but just to get me walking i use the upstairs loo so im up and down them all day hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->