Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I had a mw appt today just routine and bloods repeat for my iron. All is well - cookie is head down and urine all clear etc so thats all good. She looked over my birth plan and was happy with all of it except the no internals - she said she wouldnt want me getting in the pool before i was 5cm's so would need to make sure i smiled politely thinking ''you wont even be here yet when i am 5cm's!!''
I had my bloods done and she has somehow split my vein on the way out..... check this out... OUCH!!!!!

285114_10150261392464055_760614054_7621251_7039640_n.jpg

I have no idea how she managed it but it hurts like fuck... at first i thought it was going to need a couple of steri strips but it seems to be closing

gawd! What a butcher.

Would be a crying shame if you were already in the pool when she arrived ^^ Health & safety would prevent her getting you out, oops!

would be a shame if i was done with babe in arms when she arrived..... ;)

ooh sam thats looks nasty!

I went for an hour and a half walk in the sun today with OH dragging me along, taking his egg for a walk he said haha! Its 8.45 here and im so ready to sleep! it wore me out! got my hot water bottle on my back as my lower back and pelvis are really sorry from all that walking. didnt get anything going though and I wont be doing any of the other old wives tales, curry or whatever, baby is going to come when it wants, but I will do the walking every day as MW said it will really help with opening my pelvis ready for birth

went out for dinner last night and met a big group of OH´s friends who are scottish lads! they told me where I can get HP sauce, horseradish, real sausages and other things I madly miss! :D

Sam looks terrible. I probably would of slapped her. lol That's crap about the tub. Get in when you want to doesn't prevent or hinder or have and health risks as long as she is not sticking her fingers in there. lol Got in the tub at what I am SURE wasn't 5 cm.

Have fun chuck!

Sam that looks so sore. Have no idea how she managed that :shock: I've seen impressive bruising from bloods but nothing like that. tut. Did she comment on it?!

wtf @ the 5cm thing? Is there something magical about hitting 5cm? Will your skin shrivle off if you get in before? Ridiculous. People go for baths in early labour at home before heading to hospital all the time :shrug:

They use the 5cm 'rule' to make sure they get you in and out of the pool in the shortest possible time ie. Staffing/costing reasons primarily and more pertinent to hospital birth than home. In theory if you get in the pool in good established labour, you should have your baby within 2 hours. Buy when you're at home in early labour and you'd be using baths as an early comfort measure, why not wallow in the pool if you have one?! No one else needs it and sometimes if you're having a long crappy early/latent phase, it can be enough to relax you so that early labour stops....well if you're knackered that might be a good thing! The difference between the pool and bath in early labour is that because the bath isn't as deep and you're not as submerged, it doesn't relax you quite as much and so generally won't slow down early labour in the way that a pool may. :)

^ makes sense!

I probably won't get into the pool until 4-5cm anyway. last time my contractions didnt start until I was 2-3cm (well atleast i didnt feel them before then) so I'm sure my tens will see me to atleast 5cm. I would like to deliver in the water and dont think I fancy spending 10 hours or something in the pool!

i could spend all day in a pool tbh. i didnt understand the 5cm thing but thought it was a well accepted rule, was stressing a bit about wanting the comfort of the water but not actually feeling like i was in enough pain yet, will just get in whenever now I think.

ill be the same, ill get in once i need it for pain relief so the chances are ill be way past 5cm by then anyway... and i wont be calling the MW until i get the ''i cant do this''!

the sliced vein has a pretty impressive yellow/blue bruise coming up today :growlmad:

i think she did it cuz she was miffed that my birth plan basically says leave me the fuck alone to get on with it then when IM ready you can check me/baby then you can leave!!!!!

She also looked at me about the kids being there and said ''what about if its a daytime birth?'' ........ ''erm yer as it says the kids will be there'' >spazface<

seriously ive never ever heard of anyone having that done to them, if you made a complaint or called a superior just to check that she was up to date on training or something im sure theyd take it seriously. also nice to get her back for being a cowbag :p

I'll wait til after the birth for that........ imagine if i need stitches if thats the damage she can do from a blood test *eyes water* lol!!

oh yes good plan. do need to rile her before shes finished with your ladyparts!

the mw i had with zanes birth hated me but she did a good job at my stitches...thats the only good thing i can say about her lol

zane wont be here if i go into labour during the day as he will just be too big of a distraction and wont leave me alone.

im getting so worried about the pushing stage as the mw didnt let me push zane out so im worried i wont be able to do it, but coreys gota get out so ile have to i no lol im just very worried about tearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->