Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

:happydance: jodie :D

well im still here and pregnant lol i even had a dream last night about going to the loo and having a bloody show...thats how sad i am lol

Conratulations Jodie! Look forward to reading your birth story!

congrats jodie.

I was in 2 minds when pregnant about which hospital to go to (wigan or ormskirk) the midwife told me it was absolutely up to me which i went to, all i would need to do was let my doctor know and if if it was different to the one mentioned when i booked in then my gp would write a letter referring me.

I ended up not changing and going to wigan but then because of going to my mums caravan (because i had extreme nesting and ripped our bathroom out) i then the ormskirk midwives for my visits at home, then moved back home and was signed off by the midwives who looked after me during pregnancy.

moomin im sending you lots of labour vibes beacuse im off work, bored and want to read a lovely birth story.Good luck and i will keep popping back to check on everyone.

Got a GP appointment booked for tonight to discuss transferring my care to another hospital. I've asked for a senior female GP at the practice in the hope of getting someone sensible.

My current thoughts on my consultant appointment is that I don't feel any less safe about having my baby at home, he didn't raise any new risks, or show me the risks I was aware of in a different way. What I do feel is very unsupported. I feel as if I will have a fight on my hand to stay at home, right to the point at which my baby is born. Its as if they are setting me up to fail. It seems counter productive to stay at home because I want a less stressful birth, when I'll be stressed from the first contraction about what MAU will say when I call up in labour asking for my midwife. And if they will acutally send someone out, and if they do, if that midwife will just be looking for a reason to send me in.

This is how the Consultant appointment has made me feel. How the hell is that informed choice??!!

Celesse are you having a doula? I'd say your situation would benefit hugely from that extra support and helping for your voice and choices to be heard and respected :)

Congrats Jodie! Can't wait to read your birth story.

Celesse, How freaking frustrating for you! I understand what you mean about the stress, but if at all possible just put the consultant's words behind you, and when you get your home birth you can have the smuggest smile on your face ever.:smug: :flower:

Celesse I hope that your appointment went well. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with this. I have a feeling that I will be in the same boat when my time comes.

Go moomin!! You can do it! :) Hey anyone who is 36 weeks along or more you can take evening prim rose oil 1 - 2x daily and it minimizes your chances of going over 40 weeks. It helps to ripen the cervix. Good stuff. Took it with my first went into labor on my due date. Same with my SIL.

i think corey is abit too comfy to make much effort to get out anytime soon lol

evening primrose oil works well when used as a pessary too

GP was lovely and totally understood where I was coming from, even the bit about wanting a bath in labour. So she isn't totally sure how to go about it and needs to chat to my midwife, but is going to refer me to the QE and keep me on with my local community midwives. I feel now that if plan A isn't possible at least I can have a decent plan B where I'm in control.

I was looking at doulas earlier on in the pregnancy, but OH has got much stronger and is showing me he can be very pro-home birth. But I'm thinking again that it may be an idea to look again at getting a doula to take the pressure off both of us.

i think corey is abit too comfy to make much effort to get out anytime soon lol

Same here, we must be growing some lazy babies!! :)

xx

if i wasnt induced in the end god knows how long zane would of stayed in lol
ive got till the 20th before they try to get me to be induced lol

had another bad head today so im going to try and get checked out tomo by my mw or the hospital. thats if any of them even care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->