Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Ooooooooh Nattie!! How exciting - will thus be our first HB since the thread started??
Will be keeping everything crossed honey, can't wait for updates!!

Wooooohoo!!xxxx

ooow sounds exciting nat.

i found using contraction master online help me when i needed to monitor things coz i didn't need to focus on them much. U just press space bar at the start and end of a surge and it builds a log for u.

best of luck hun sounds like ur doing great x

Good Luck Nat!! :hugs:

Contraction master online was fab for me too. I hope you're labour is amazing!! :hugs:

Good luck Nattielou I hope all goes great for you! :flower:

I did my Doula course this weekend and it was FAB! its amazing how much you can learn from listening to other womens experiences! :thumbup:

and it was great to sit and talk to a group of mainly like minded women talking about babies and birth :thumbup:

Now just the post course module to do then i can get started :hugs:

Oh, I'm so excited for you Nattie!! I keep checking back. I'm guessing no news is good news ;) yippee!! xxxx

~ 4 mins apart now. They're intense, but otherwise feeling great. :)

OOOOOOh Nat - How exciting!!!!
I had quite an achey back in the first bit - and was a little concerned that my baby had turned round, but she was fine, and still had her bum out the front.
Hotwater bottle on your lower back will help... that is, if this post isn't too late, and you have already met your little baby!! :baby:

Congratulations - can't wait to hear your news!!
Sending you lots, and lots of calming love :hugs:
xxx

I did my Doula course this weekend and it was FAB! its amazing how much you can learn from listening to other womens experiences! :thumbup:

and it was great to sit and talk to a group of mainly like minded women talking about babies and birth :thumbup:

Well congrats on getting the first bit done :)
What a shame we're so far apart.....you would've been welcome to try out your techniques on me!! haha :winkwink:

SO excited Nattie, will keep checking back for updates :)

Good luck Nattie!

I wonder how things are going...hopefully she is holding her beautiful baby in her arms.x.

Well done. Ive met some amazing doulas, good luck with the next part of your course.x.

I'm going to get Rachie to send my hypnobirthing book and CD to you honey when she's done with it :winkwink:

x

i read rediculously fast and so will pass to you soon.! I also have a photocopier so will photocopy the betst bits i find helpful so you have it quicker as you may need more time to read it with 4 children :flower:

My 2nd was a 23 hr labour the waters were broke far to early.( returnee midwife)So was pushin dry and also my son got into distress so they had to whip him out.My 3rd was a big baby she basically got stuck.Also I was getting 3 contractions in a miute and no let up.She was 8lb 5 oz I seem to only push out 7lb's.Also she was in distress and her heart dropped so again episotimy,forceps and vontouse.My 4th would have been an hr at least but my waters were hoding her back and the midwife didn't want to break so i was trying to push her and the waters but as back to back and she was small and not helping herself I had an epi to which my waters popped and whoosh she was out.

My 1st was a doddle.Waters popped at 3pm.I plodded round the house as i was told i had 12 hrs to suddenly get the urge to push 2 hrs later.A mad rush to hospital and out she popped within 10 mins of getting in the room.She was 5 weeks prem and was dinky though x

I think you will be fine with a homebirth. You know what your doing and what went wrong previously. Maybe if you relax about having the baby at home and not worrying about "what if" and the kids and focused on you and the baby you will have a better outcome as two of your births seems to go wrong because of the third party, i.e the midwife. You can monitor the size of this baby in case he/she is big like your third child.

I think you will be fine!

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would share this, it was on the yahoo homebirth group.

https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions.aspx?phrase=home birth&page=1

EternalRose x x

Good luck Nattie, hope all is going perfectly for you!! :cloud9:

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would share this, it was on the yahoo homebirth group.

https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/opinions.aspx?phrase=home birth&page=1

EternalRose x x

What a good website...just having a read about the hospital I work in and the one Im booked at, very interesting.x.

Baby Isaac William arrived at 12.43 this afternoon. Back labour throughout (though he remained LOA) so not quite the 'comfortable' birth I'd hoped for, but we got through it pretty quickly. :) He's a little little boy at just 5lb2, but is strong and healthy - we're both doing great. I'm just flippin exhausted! Will try to come back tomorrow and tell you a bit more. Thanks for all the positive vibes on this thread that helped me approach labour in a great frame of mind.

Oh, just wanted to say that expulsive reflex is soooo powerful. I didn't do any intentional pushing, just breathed him down and let my body do it's thing. And he came out all at once - just lucky I was kneeling on the bed, not the floor. :haha:

I'm a mummy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->