Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I had a pool buy ended up on the settee. It took a couple of hours to fill as we needed time to reheat the tank. I love the idea of a waterbirth. For me as I got in I started pushing, it was bizarre and bloody painful so I did not get pain relief! With my oldest I laboured a while in the pool then contractions got very painful so I'm not sure that eater gives me any relief. I was taken out the pool as her heart was dipping. Totally unnecessary in hindsight as she arrived minutes later and I tell you with a baby's head wedged in your pelvis it's not easy to climb and walk! If we have anymore I won't move for anyone and if it's as obvious the baby is in the descent will not allow frequent monitoring.

I gave birth in a nursing bra. Attractive. I intended to be in my bikini was going through transition right before getting in so no wherewithall to change.

I added you FlowerFairy. :)

:rofl:, I normally keep quiet now in here but you girls literally had me LOL!

and brought back memories of me shreaking...'POO, get it out!!', you'd think i'd have been more concerned about the fact I had a head literally about to come out, but nope the poo totally freaked me out! hehe. It was whisked away pretty quick after that :haha:

oh and DH said the pool was pretty yucky the next day but once the water was pumped out he just scooped everything in the liner and it went in the bin, so i imagine much more contained than if i'd not given birth in the pool :)

drugs you should choose in labour

https://mamabirth.blogspot.com/2011/09/why-you-should-choose-drugs-in.html

Hello ladies :)

Labour dust @ Shiv!

Not much to report on my end :\ LO is still transverse although I did have a few days of breech or ceph as the movements weren't painful! Yday I could feel him starting to turn again as he was kicking me in the hip, and this morning I woke up with a huge sticky out transverse bump and his movements are sore again :( Im gonna try and do some spinning babies again and FX this time he'll be a bit bigger and stay head down. So frustrating that this could be the one thing that stops me having my HB and even worse, a section :eek:

Also, was just looking on main page and there's 5 of us due within 10 days of eachother :D exciting!

Labour dust Shiv :dust:

I have decided to add some notes to my file along with some highlighted studies to back up why I will not consent to premature cord clamping in the event of baby needing resus.

Can I word it:

"I do not consent to the cord being clamped and cut prior to cessation of pulsations in any event, including if baby is perceived to need resus. If this is done without my express permission, I will seek damages for assault. This is to ensure the safety of my baby. Please read the evidence included to indicate how I have made my informed decision."

Is the threat of legal action a bit strong do you think? I just don't like the way that the notes in my file say that resus can't happen unless the cord is clamped and cut which I know to be false.

In case anyone is interested, these are some of the articles I found:

https://web.me.com/len15/INFANT_ANE...n_235,215_Michigan_Births/George_Malcolm.html

https://www.cordclamping.info/publications/LIT REVIEW ARTICLE-MERCER.pdf

https://midwifethinking.com/2010/08/26/the-placenta-essential-resuscitation-equipment/

And the one PB found: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(09)61410-0/fulltext

Wiggs...NO keep it in.

You'll get what you want that way, I wouldnt worry about offending anyone.

I thought I was on the front page, but I am not. Can you add me please. :)

Baby #2 is due November 29th. HBAC!!!

lol whoops im not on there either,

baby #3 due 6th of december, yellow bump, first homebirth

I had my first ''still going then'' comment today.... ooo its going to be a long few weeks if they keep being said!!!!!!

I had my first ''still going then'' comment today.... ooo its going to be a long few weeks if they keep being said!!!!!!

ugh, i get that already 'you STILL working?' Er YES I have more than 8 weeks left until EDD! also this woman bugs me everyday she says 'go home and put your feet up'.. as if? I have a 2 year old and a house.

I get the same thing - i go in the shop with the tribe and this one woman always says 'oooo i hope your resting while you can'
ermmmm..... CAN I?!?!? :dohh: people...!!

lol i'll get more rest in the first couple of weeks after the baby arrives even though its christmas than i will before then lol

ha ha, i was working yesterday with a girl who is due 3 weeks before me! we were both waddling down the ward, and the site matron was on and said your both pregnant with a shocked look on her face! er yeh! and she said "very pregnant! are you coping, is everything ok etc etc" we were both like yes were fine, go, now!! though your not bloody moving me to another ward ha ha!! xx

I'm interested in doing a home birth and have been since seeing The Business of Being Born. Just found out today that I'm pregnant so haven't been able to look into all the options around here, but hoping it will be a possibility!

Just saw my MW and she was especially pathetic today. Luckily I saw the funny side. No milk banks exist in the UK apparently. Fair enough if she doesnt know then thats one thing (ie crap) but telling me they do not exist is just stupid. Bloody google it woman!

Email being written to HoMw right now.

I remember someone getting the equipment to monitor baby's blood sugar at home. MW said that such alien technology does not exist. I'll ask the hospital about it but theyre so unhelpful I want to know what my options are rather than them tell me tbh. Anyone know anything about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->