Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yeh I'm glad to be in 3rd tri but don't even bother with all the overdue, self induction bla bla bla threads ha ha!! Bit tedious and it's all rubbish anyway! X

congrats on Lucy's arrival irish cob, im so gutted for you that it didnt go the way you planned

So sorry that it didn't go how you had planned, Irish Cob. Can you debrief with someone? Congratulations on the birth of Lucy :hugs:

If the nipple shields allow Lucy to latch, then keep them. Well done for breastfeeding your tongue tied LO. You are doing the best you can possibly do for her and good for you :)

Yay Shiv! Hope the contractions sort themselves out and baby makes an appearance soon :flower:

Oh Irish Cob!

Huge squishes all around!!

I know the feeling of getting to 9 and a bit with a lip left and being whisked off to theatre, it s all a bit of an anticlimax and just a bit of a nasty shock.

I'm so glad you had Lisa there to help you through and get you your skin to skin and proper time together.

You seem to be working hard with the tongue tie issue it isnt easy...Dewi was tongue tied too! Keep going as long as you feel you can, just like the EMCS just because you have to choose another path doesn't mean you failed at the other one.

Enjoy your baby moon.

PS...I still get insanely jealous of other people HB or WB piccies, I've never managed either.

its funny with my first i was dreading going "overdue" even tho when i did i wasnt bad and felt fine. and i really wanted to try and get him out lol but with corey i really didnt care...even tho i did give in to the clary sage radox bubble bath, but i did got into labour 3 hours later so it might of worked or just really relaxed me

With Dewi I wasnt bothered about being over due as much as it was inconveniently over xmas.

I didnt try anything to get him out.

With Stanley I took EPO and SFO orally and foofally but I maintained he'd cone when he was ready and honestly thought he'd be after my EDD...I had that blazing row with my Mum and a good walk the day before my ED and blammo labour. LOL

Irish Cob - congratulations on your baby girl. So sorry that the birth didn't go as you had planned. Hope you heal soon and are enjoying every second of your new baba xx

I am 37 weeks today - full term - YAY!!!! No crazy nonsense here for me though (curry/pineapple/etc etc) just keeping up with normal life and throwing in some extra :sex: for good measure!!!

Congrats Irish Cob.

Sounds like you had a tough time, and I'm really sorry your birth didn't go to plan.

Oooh that's so exciting shiv! :happydance: hope the contractions are sorting themselves out and you're well on your way now :thumbup:

I confess i do have a real 'thing' about going overdue, which is why i stay quiet when people talk about it :blush:

I was utterly convinced i would go waaayyyy over with Toby and at around 37 weeks started to get in a really bad mood about it, i remember crying after my 38 week mw appointment because she said his head wasn't engaged yet and i thought "oh god, well it will be aaaages yet then :cry: " and he was born at 38+1 :haha:

I had eaten two whole fresh pineapples in the week leading up to his birth and had plenty of :sex: action, and spent a lot of time on my birthing ball but nothing crazier than that and who is to know whether any of it made a difference :shrug: probably not but it did make me feel like i was doing something 'pro active' at least and none of it dangerous (to me or Toby i mean)

OH and i have been joking between us that "Project Pineapple" commences this weekend, once i reach 37 weeks, but we're just kidding around. I'm happy for baby to come whenever but i have to say that the pelvic pain is getting a bit tedious and inconvenient with a toddler to chase after :dohh: Plus i'm just ready for my squishy cuddles i think :winkwink: And there's always that hyper-awareness that going beyond my EDD means the possibility of induction becomes more and more of an issue iykwim? :roll:

Congratulations on the eventual birth irish. So sorry that it didn't go as planned but like the others have said a lot of people would have stayed in the hospital and not gone home. It can't have been easy so you should be proud of yourself for that. Hope you sort the night time sleeping thing. I've no advice of course but just big hugs

With the blood sugar monitor I've an accu check mobile which can be set quite low. Will talk to the hospital about it all as it does seem that the equipment needed I might either have or would be quite easy to get.

Good luck Shiv, hopefully LO is well on their way or even here?!

sam - congrats on fully baked :D

rebaby - im the same :blush: I really dont want to go overdue. I'll be doing clary sage and EPO from full term >.<

Is anyone doing rlt? Gonna start at 32 weeks in a hope it'll help me in labour. What does it taste like? Trying to decide tea or tablets ha ha.
Wonder if shiv's lo is here! Eeeek. Xx

Hi ladies,

Though I wasn't an 'official' homebirth hopeful as we really were playing things by ear until the very last minute, I wanted to drop by and share my birth story with you all.

Latent labour started Weds 21st Sept in the early hours. I finally gave birth to Esther Ellen on Friday 23rd Sept at 8:36am, after 1 hour 30 min first stage and a 21 minute second stage. I also had a nice physiological third stage, complete, cleaned and stitched within the hour. Just perfect.

This link sends your across to my pregnancy journal where I posted the story a couple of days ago.

Congratulations on all the recent new arrivals over here. I've been reading along when possible, but not posting as I'm rather preoccupied.

Irish Cob - I felt truly moved by your birth story. Reading along, in so many ways it felt as if we were in a parallel universe. I can totally relate to all the disappointment following transfer too, as my first labour ended with transfer and forceps. Postnatally we're similar too - Esther has a tongue tie that we're looking to have detached ASAP and the last few days feeding wise have been a real struggle. PM me anytime if you want to chat. x

Im starting rlt at 32w I think. Have tablets as I dont rly do hot drinks and reckoned it was easier to dose a tablet. Also read you need like 8 cups a day at term!!

Oh I thought it was 4 ha ha. I don't drink hot drinks either although I'm really wanting a hot chocolate right now! Ha ha. So was just wondering if it tasted nice lol.

I think you can mix it with normal fruit tea if it tastes rank. Whichever suits you I suppose.

I liked the taste of RLT, but I think a cup, maybe 2 a day would be the most I could manage... :S So I'm going to get some capsules this time around too. Maybe have some teabags on hand also, incase I feel like a hot drink :)

Question; is anyone here currently planning a freebirth (unassisted)?

rebaby - im the same :blush: I really dont want to go overdue. I'll be doing clary sage and EPO from full term

What is this epo i hear people talking about? Evening Primrose Oil? What's the evidence behind it? I do have clary sage already, as i'm planning to use that in labour as well, so may indulge in the odd clary sage bath from next week onwards :winkwink:

Is anyone doing rlt? Gonna start at 32 weeks in a hope it'll help me in labour. What does it taste like? Trying to decide tea or tablets ha ha.

I've drank RLT with both pregnancies. I started at 32 weeks with Toby and at 33 weeks this time (but not for any real reason, just that we were on holiday the week before!) I start with one cup a day, then increase to two cups a day at 35 weeks and then just gradually build up until i'm drinking four cups per day at term.

I've increased quicker this time i think, as i'm already aiming for 3 cups a day (i say aiming for, because i've been a bit more forgetful about it this time :blush: ) It sometimes gets to 7pm and i'm like "Gah! I haven't had any RLT today, which means i now have to drink three mugs of the stuff to meet my quota!" :dohh: :haha: I'll start trying for four cups a day as of Friday i guess.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl HayleyJA :hugs: So glad everything went well for you. Hope the feeding gets easier soon :hugs:

I start on fri. Doesnt really taste of much tbh. bit herbal fruit teaish but a bit bitter too. if you're not into hot drinks you can cool it too :)

Congrats Hayley!

Yes evening primrose oil and it helps ripen and soften your cervix and supposedly can help you dilate faster and easier when the time comes :) You can take it orally but the best method is to literally put it as close to your cervix as possible and let it disolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->