Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations irish_cob. I'm so sorry it all went awry at the end but agree with previous posts, you were so strong to get home again and it sounds like you had a long difficult time and coped amazingly. :) When you said the consultant could feel her chin, was she presenting a bit unusually and that why things didn't progress at the end? Take your time to process it all. Enjoy your gorgeous new baby. Remember to share and talk it through with whoever will be safe and supportive to help you through the tricky emotions.

Welcome Veedub!

Congratulations HayleyJA!

Congratulations Shiv! Sounds like the perfect birth!

Could ladies please PM with additions/updates to the first post. :D

Wow Shiv, congratulations, how fantastic :) Sounds perfect. Love the pic. I hope we remember to take some!

Shiv - CONGRATS! sounds wonderful, and you pic is fab! SO happy for you!

:) glad you had a good home visit, that mw sounds nice. when you leave it overnight do you start with hot water or cold? i could probably manage it that way, just bosh a cup or two in a bottle on the drive to work.

i boil the water, throw it in a pitcher with the loose leaf, then leave it out on the counter until the next day. then i use a strainer to pour the tea into a second pitcher, fill the rest with water, and toss that in the fridge. i do the overnight seep b/c my midwife said that works best for getting as much possible out of that tea b/c it isn't a quick seeping tea... lol on the "sounds a lot like cooking," though :haha: tablets are probably even easier

Congrats Shiv!! :hugs: Amazing and inspiring birth story and such a beautiful pic! I hope my birth goes as well xxx

I freaked out a few times with my first - once at transition and once just before pushing. I think the lack of control over my body just overwhelms me at points. I am working to try and stay calm this time around so we'll see how I do!

Is a teabag the same as loose leaf? See! I'm THAT bad in the kitchen.

I can see me being really and truly evil at transition (probably in first stage too tbh). I can get bloody nasty sometimes and im sure I'll make dh cry! Maybe not. I'm not like expecting/predicting it. But it won't surprise me hehe

Congrats Shiv!!

Well done all these Mummies!

Oh and took RLT tablets (hate tea to drink) with both my pregnancies from 37 weeks. And both times midwives have commented at how efficient my contractions were at getting me dilated - who knows if it had anything to do with the RLT but you never know!

Is a teabag the same as loose leaf? See! I'm THAT bad in the kitchen.

I can see me being really and truly evil at transition (probably in first stage too tbh). I can get bloody nasty sometimes and im sure I'll make dh cry! Maybe not. I'm not like expecting/predicting it. But it won't surprise me hehe

They'll be in a tea bag not loose so you basically put it in a cup of boiling water for a few mind then fish it out with a spoon lol. Xx

Congrats Shiv!! :D

I've been watching a few birth videos... Home and unassisted... It really does help, especially watching the nice, peaceful ones where they just get on with it and baby slips on out!

I wish we had a kettle... DH said if we ever get one it will be an old-fashioned stove top one =/ WHY?!! :wacko: Weirdly none of his family seem to own a proper kettle either....

Congratulations Shiv - so pleased you got the birth you wanted :)

loose leaf isn't bagged and is cheaper b/c of that, but you have to strain out the leaves; bagged would be easier...

Our stupid boiler decided to break yesterday! I laughed! May have to be a dry land home birth :haha:

Oh no! Ours is being a bit funny so I'm servicing it in a few weeks. Can you run a hose next door or something?

We don't have a neighbour close enough to run a hose from as we live on a farm, although my inlaws live at the bottom of the lane and could fetch water up to us. We also have the hob, kettles and a woodburning stove we can heat water on. Not ideal, but I'm sure we'll get by if we have to. DH is trying to get someone to come and look at it though as hopefully it just needs a simple part replacing.

Our stupid boiler decided to break yesterday! I laughed! May have to be a dry land home birth :haha:

mine broke when i was around 37 weeks too lol. i was constantly on the phone to the landlord screamin to get it fixed haha

Ah. Hope you can get it fixed easily. Bet plumbers are easy to get at the moment. Not like people are putting their heating on yet. Unless they're insane ofc! I'm so hot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->