Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Aw my homebirth seems a lifetime ago - broody much? haha! Good luck ladies xx

sorry for my recent absence :flow:
& Thank you for the add :friends:

In case you all didn't know, homebirth was not an option for me as my insurance would not pay for it (I live in the US) and we could not afford to pay privatley. So the next best option = birthing at a Free Standing Birth Center (FSBC). You all are pretty close in nature (birth wise) so i thought i would fit in here (better than i would anywhere else :thumbup:) So thank you for "adopting me" :haha:

We found two days ago that i have another :blue: bump!!!! Can't wait. Isaiah will be a big brother to Elliot :cloud9:

Guys you can hire pools from the NCT - i got my birth pool in a box from a friend who helps run it for a nominal fee of £20 (i'm not even a member lol). i've had to buy a liner but still cheaper than hiring for a set period of the net. I know the one i have is going to another woman in December, so it's a reasonably well used service - check them out.

Unsurprised to read that NHS staff have a scewed perception of waterbirth, however i'm utterly disgusted that they are openly critical of BFing a toddler. There's no hope for the rest of the population if professionals in health care are ignorant to the benefits of it, they should at least be research aware FFS!

Is that a national thing? Our nct is dead. Doesn't even have nns and any meet ups aren't publicised or on the website.

Just found out that someone's bringing a baby into yoga tonight. I've not really done this before. Is it likely to be a 'my friend had the same and there was blood all over the ceiling' type thing? If so I rly don't wanna go. I'm not unrealistic about things but people almost try and outdo each other sometimes

sam and wiggly - you are next up!

nice blog I stumbled on

https://www.glorialemay.com/blog/

Anyone want to be my buddy? Anyone got any tips?

Add me on FB, if you want. I'm Amanda Smith on Lisa's list. I'm unemployed for the foreseeable future (long story), so I'll be around. x

I wish we had a kettle... DH said if we ever get one it will be an old-fashioned stove top one =/ WHY?!! :wacko: Weirdly none of his family seem to own a proper kettle either....

Proper kettles in the US are pricey. I remember seeing one at Target for about $40, and that was ten years ago. But they do exist. When I'd temporarily moved back after living in the UK for six months, I had to have one.

sam and wiggly - you are next up!

:happydance: I keep being asked if I'm really due in 2 weeks as my bump is 'so small'!

Boiler still broken but dh has called someone who can hopefully do it. Our usual plumber got married yesterday and is on honeymoon now! Ah well!

Anyone want to be my buddy? Anyone got any tips?

Add me on FB, if you want. I'm Amanda Smith on Lisa's list. I'm unemployed for the foreseeable future (long story), so I'll be around. x

I wish we had a kettle... DH said if we ever get one it will be an old-fashioned stove top one =/ WHY?!! :wacko: Weirdly none of his family seem to own a proper kettle either....

Proper kettles in the US are pricey. I remember seeing one at Target for about $40, and that was ten years ago. But they do exist. When I'd temporarily moved back after living in the UK for six months, I had to have one.

My DH is a Brit so a good kettle was essential. It took awhile to find one he liked but it's awesome. It's made by Breville and is at William sonima. Not cheap but makes the husband happy.

sorry for my recent absence :flow:
& Thank you for the add :friends:

In case you all didn't know, homebirth was not an option for me as my insurance would not pay for it (I live in the US) and we could not afford to pay privatley. So the next best option = birthing at a Free Standing Birth Center (FSBC). You all are pretty close in nature (birth wise) so i thought i would fit in here (better than i would anywhere else :thumbup:) So thank you for "adopting me" :haha:

We found two days ago that i have another :blue: bump!!!! Can't wait. Isaiah will be a big brother to Elliot :cloud9:

hey im in the US as well and will be having a free standing birth center birth as well due to insurance ! Its nice to meet someone like me ha ha i feel i dont fit in most places but these ladies are wonderful!

But, but, but...how do you make cups of tea if you don't have a kettle?! :shock: :wacko: :shrug:

37+3 here today and nothing much to report, lots of sleepless nights recently, mainly due to not being able to find comfortable positions and/or needing to pee and/or occasional tightenings waking me up.

I am slowly getting back my sense of smell so last night, while i was doing my natal hypnotherapy i massaged some of my labour massage oil on to my bump (clary sage and lavender) and could actually smell it! It's quite nice actually :thumbup:

Absolutely getting fed up of being pregnant and having a toddler and feeling ready to tackle the challenges of a newborn and toddler instead. I just feel so restricted in my movements right now, between the huge bump, swollen feet and dodgy pelvis and it's getting very frustrating. I think Toby is picking up on my moods as well as he's become super clingy and sensitive and has had three very restless nights in a row (which is unusual as he normally sleeps right through the night, no problem at all :shrug: )

I have my "38 week" MW appointment at the clinic tomorrow- was secretly hoping not to have needed it actually but it seems unlikely anything is going to happen between now and then.

rebaby im sure that baby will show up soon enough. im trying to plan activities i can do in the final weeks with the boys to make it special

I feel horrid the last few days. Very naseous and can't get comfy in bed cos my bump is tender. Think its maybe just indigestion but it makes.me miserable!

:( sorry you're feeling uncomfortable. Sucks when you can't sleep, makes everything worse

I just bought a la bassine pool and kit off eBay. £85 delivered and says new and unused. its still in the box which makes me think it can't have been blown up even as these things are impossible to get back in. Anyway. Happy with it

Off for our babymoon to haven in the lake district (don't laugh! It's cheap and has a pool hehe) so lots of lunches out and hopefully lie ins this week!

Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I belong here now :)

I'm Olivia and I live in New Zealand and this is my first baby. My MW is really into doing things 100% naturally, and about listening to your body to find the birth position for you which is exactly what I want.. she's awesome :D

I'm planning on a water birth at home when my LO is due in April of next year, my Mom had my youngest sibling at home and she is an OB-GYN so I know I'll be looked after :)

I'm not 100% on how the home-birth thing works here, I've not been given any reason to expect I wouldn't be allowed my homebirth as of yet.

As I'm only 18 a lot of people are pretty negative about my choice to be at home, saying once I feel the labour pain I'll beg to go to the hospital and my hips are too narrow for a home birth.. my pregnant friends around my age all make out like I'm unaware that a home birth= no epidural. Hoping I can find support from other home birthers here!

I'm signed up for homebirthing classes at the start of next year but as there isn't a large demand for them, sadly I'll probably wind up missing out. I'm also about to start a yoga class for pregnant people.

I'm excited to read your birth stories and hear more about everyone :flower:

Is that a national thing? Our nct is dead. Doesn't even have nns and any meet ups aren't publicised or on the website.

I thought NCT was a nationwide thing - isn't there a national number you can call? Mind you when i've tried to contact them about tongue tie in the past or breastfeeding counselling no one has ever got back in touch, so it's a bit hit and miss with them. Guess i'm just lucky my friend has the pool and facilities to help me this time.

I see a gap in your local market for pool/birth ball rentals....!

No kettle...what! yeah, how does tea get made?! Same language, different priorities lol!

I'm due today. Well according to the revised due date at my 12 week scan (impossible). To me i have another week.

I'm so not ready for this, and i already have a son from a previous relationship who i brought up alone from the get-go so it's not the baby thing i'm scared of (as relentlessly exhausting as children are). Why am i not ready yet?! I'm not even mildly fed up, and i know i need to be in order to face the inevitable :(

My NCT dont hire out pools. As off my last midwife app, baby is head down but is free.. Measurements are all still good.. Cant believe its next month baby is due!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->