Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well my gran came and went and i didn't go into labour... thank god. She even stayed an extra night.

I feel kind of sick and restless. Ive been having a load of BH and they have been keeping me awake at night. I don't suppose it means much though. My OH sterilised the pool for me last night...step in the right direction, but then i found out that my friend who was supposed to be lending me a TENS completely forgot and gave it away...ugh! So i have just ordered one off ebay and asked the seller to post it ASAP

Lesleyann - yey for pool and sofa!!!! What sofa have you ordered. I haven't decided what new sofa to get yet..? i took my gran to look at our new house when she was visiting and it made me feel very excited! I think that we will have the key in three weeks.

Jenny - good luck in deciding what to do with your LO. Noah is staying in the house with us, but i have a few friends on back up incase i need him gone.

I just got one off ebay, had it delivered with myhermes and it was fine. the seller was a bit of a dickhead and gave them the wrong address at first, then missed the 2nd pickup as they were giving birth (how thoughtless!) but once it was sorted it arrived next day. Ive got weeks left to go still tho so if I was a bit closer I think Id probably go for a new one tbh. Also some pools dont sell for that much cheaper on ebay so its hardly worth it.

ooh tens machine thats what i need. was thinking about buying an elle tens off ebay as they seem to go for about £40 2nd hand. theyre £25 to rent so seems silly as I could sell it on for £40 again. just need new batteries and pads I reckon?

Any other recommendations?

If you order one from ebay just make sure it has next day delivery :thumbup: We got our La bassine dirt cheap because the seller was not willing to post so had to arrange our own collection.. The whole thing barring a new Hose we won for £30.99!!

DIZ- Glad you dont have to worry about your gran being there now hun! We have the La bassine pool, and ordering a 3seater and 2 seater Gray/Silver and black Dylan sofa set just got to arrange delivery of it!

Cranberry - ebay elles TENS is what I've just ordered, and for 40 quid too. Like you i intend to sell it on after.

Lesleyann - i feel much better now she has gone. I really enjoyed seeing her but in hind site it was a bit close to my EDD and the extra running round after her hasn't helped my mild SPD. How long do you think it will take them to deliver your sofa? Will it be daily quick and day i.e. just let them know when you're ready for it and they'll deliver it that week.

Chuck - I'm ready for this baby any time he wants to put in an appearance!

Sofa is within 15working days BOO! however its sooo cheap its unreal haha! But they will ring the day before they will be delivering. could turn up friday could turn up on the 15th day nobody knows yet lol

Need to sort out council tax as we will be paying council tax on 2 houses this month eek!

aghhh... double billage is never a good thing. Ive handed in my notice on this house, so i need to give the key in on the 30th November. I have arranged with the landlord that if we still need the property in December then we can rent on a weekly basis until our house goes through. Im hoping that won't happen though.

Well the rush is on now! a nice lady on Bnb reckons I will have my baby by this saturday night! My Dad reckons by the 11th, and I reckon the 14th or 17th...for some reason thinking about the dates I feel very very rushed now! Acording to mum the house will be finished being painted for us to move into this weekend however the house we are in now is no where near ready as in packed! Plus is baby does turn up by this saturday or next saturday our current house is ages away for other people to get to, to be sorting out with me,oh,kyle and baby all just wanting to spend time together eek! MIL also thinks I wont make it to the 20th, My aunty who is pretty spot on with when babies are going to turn up wont say which means she thinks very soon or the 13/14th as these are mine and my brothers birthdays!

Nice of your landlord to let you do week by week is need be.. Yeah double £88 council tax sucks!

Im not surprised you feel rushed honey - you have so much going on! it's funny how we have these feeling/inclinations of what might happen and when. i was always convinced that i would be around a week over due and give birth on either the 17th or 20th. Im hoping i don't go that far over due as i feel really uncomfortable now.

I really hope you manage to get things sorted and your not too early so you and Kyle get to spend that important time bonding with your new baby rather then having to deal with moving and lots of people x

Well Ive got dinner on ready for Oh getting in so we can go over to the new house tonight, he wants to the paint the big storage cupboards so we can move stuff in but keep it hidden.. Got my gran oncall for saturday for her car usage as her Oh is at work on saturday.. Going to see if I can get MIL or SIL round on friday I reckon to help with packing.. Im at the new house all day tomorrow since I have a dentist app at 4:30pm tomorrow right near the house so Oh will drop me and kyle off at 7:30am Yawn!! The main things with our current house once we have packed up is;

Sorting out the garden (ripping up the turf, relaying the gravel)
Emptying the garrage to the tip
Painting all the room magnolia again

Oh and did I mention I still have 3 pups left to find new homes for :haha: Glutten for punishment me aye

Longhaired German Shephereds, We had more than we had been told she was having so more than we was prepared for by a long shot!! she had 9 we have kept 1 for baby.. They are 12weeks old tomorrow so bad since some breeders wont let their pups go till 12weeks.. Going to be taking 5GSD's for first walk on saturday Since ours has not had a proper walk since before she had them bless her

wow - that sound like it will be a lot of fun! good luck with it all i hope you find homes for them soon. You really are going to have your hands full!!! At lest i only have two dogs xx

Lesleyann you're putting me to shame. I can barely get out of bed each morning let alone move to another house, sort out dogs and run the house as normal!
I've got my last growth scan tomorrow which is a complete waste of time but will give me another chance to check out baby!
Planning a busy weekend as apart from clothes we have absolutely nothing ready for the new baby so it's a major shopping trip. Hope OH has his hands ready to dip into his pockets!

Lesleyann you're putting me to shame. I can barely get out of bed each morning let alone move to another house, sort out dogs and run the house as normal!
I've got my last growth scan tomorrow which is a complete waste of time but will give me another chance to check out baby!
Planning a busy weekend as apart from clothes we have absolutely nothing ready for the new baby so it's a major shopping trip. Hope OH has his hands ready to dip into his pockets!

Ahh but you have more kiddies than me :haha: I go one of 2 ways I drag my ass outa bed and do nothing but sort out kyle/pups all day or im up and doing everything..

Oh left my birth pool at work :gun: and even though he knew he would be dropping me off at my mums/our new house for 7:30am tomorrow he agreed to go into work an hour early meaning he will be dropping me and Kyle off for 6:30am I shall be shattered! and mum said I cannot go back to sleep at hers :cry: Since we have to much to do

Nop. No issues at all. She was quite eager to have the baby this week tho and her dr did a sweep without even telling her. I'd have gone mad tbh but she didn't mind. It's the right thing for her, what she wanted etc, just wondering about the sweep issue rly.

I didn't think they would do a sweep until you were overdue. With DD the MW offered me one before doing it and discussed all the pro's and cons. I wouldn't bother with one again as although DD was born within 2 days of the sweep I don't think it was due to that.

he will be dropping me and Kyle off for 6:30am I shall be shattered! and mum said I cannot go back to sleep at hers :cry: Since we have to much to do

Oh poor you - you'll be shattered. Men have no idea do they?!
I honestly can't find any energy lately, I don't know how I managed to be at work when I was pregnant with LO last year :shrug: although I do believe the less I do the less I want to do.

Hi guys :wave: You sound busy today lesleyann, hope youre not too shattered! Remember you're very pregnant, take it easy.

I got a text from boots saying my order is in so need to pick up LOs christmas pressie (fisher price rainforest play mat!) at some point today.

Anyone know much about effacement and cervices? I have been using EPO for 4 nights inserted vaginally and the last 2 mornings ive lost small but decent amounts of my plug. I had a feel up there this morning and my cervix feels less 'squishy' like the donut is going stale or something haha. I was googling and thought it was maybe because i'm more effaced? Any ideas?

ooh Blah.... im not to sure... sounds like it could be tightening and thinning... can you feel how much length there is either side of the top of your vaginal canal, that would give you good indication?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->