Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

cervixes are a total mystery to me. I always checked when I was ttc but never had any idea what it meant. just any change was a SIIIIIIGN.

Change sounds good tho?

Found someone to encapsulate my placenta for £90, usually much more I think? I cant decide as we could do it ourselves but then the house will stink for ages. DH says hes happy to do it (id probably burn it along with any other food I cook) but hes also a skinflint so hes no use helping to decide.

ooh Blah.... im not to sure... sounds like it could be tightening and thinning... can you feel how much length there is either side of the top of your vaginal canal, that would give you good indication?

I'll have another feel later :rofl:

Oh well I'm taking it as any change is good change haha

cervixes are a total mystery to me. I always checked when I was ttc but never had any idea what it meant. just any change was a SIIIIIIGN.

Change sounds good tho?

Found someone to encapsulate my placenta for £90, usually much more I think? I cant decide as we could do it ourselves but then the house will stink for ages. DH says hes happy to do it (id probably burn it along with any other food I cook) but hes also a skinflint so hes no use helping to decide.

I'd try and do it myself i think but it does sounds like a pain in the bum when you're looking after a newborn.

ooh Blah.... im not to sure... sounds like it could be tightening and thinning... can you feel how much length there is either side of the top of your vaginal canal, that would give you good indication?

I'll have another feel later :rofl:

Oh well I'm taking it as any change is good change haha

The things we do! :haha:

Had my consultant appointment today and got my answer to question of what they would do if I got to pushing and was still at home and refused to move. Apparently they have no provision anymore to send out a community midiwfe in those circumstances and it would be a choice of transfer or deliver with paramedics present. Guess I'm gonna have to haul my ass into hospital in enough time, which is the part of a hospital birth I'm struggling most with- transfer too early and stop labour in its tracks or enter hospital whilst still in latent labour and join the failure-to-progress-train, or leave it too late and end up with a horrible uncomfortable transfer.

On the plus side I have now got a brilliant consultant, who reccomended rasberry leaf tea, hypnotherapy, visualisaion, was supportive of tandem feeding and was absolutly fine with me going againt medical advice because its my "choice" (but at the same time explained the reasons why things are recomended). The word "allowed" didn't even come into the conversation.

She was also supportive of me self examining (internals) before coming into hospital. The last consultant I had would have probably told me that woman can't feel thier own cervix or something.

So all in all I still have a very positive birth plan. And I'm supported by my care givers now, where as I didn't feel supported when the plan was for a home birth.

That sounds like a brilliant appointment. Glad you're feeling more supported. Sounds like they're being great. I think that's probably a common issue with when to transfer, go with how you feel at the time I suppose.

wow i totally forgot about this forum yesterday lol was too busy with laundry,

ive not stopped all morning it feels like from getting up to getting to nursery then Stay and play for EJ where i must have helped at least 10 people pick up their jaws off the floor when i told them im due in 4 1/2 wks lol then to the cafe for coffee with the girls and back to the nursery to pick up Nate then home, preping lunch putting a load of washing on and soon i'll be hauling the kiddies up to bed for their naps so i can get some food down me and maybe a little nap too.

at least all this walking is keeping me in good shape for labour lol

Decided to pay someone to do the placenta. She dropped her price to £70 in the end, what with the house smelling of liver, having to actually be arsed to do it, complications like if theres meconium, it might break our food processor, I just couldnt be bothered. Sounds quite cheap but shes a well respected local doula, registered with everyone for loads of things (inc placenta stuff ofc) so I dont worry that shes suspiciously cheap or anything.

need to find out if Ive been tested for the Hep's and need to tell my mw - never even thought to tell her!

Also just did a spreadsheet of how much money Ive saved us by buying things off ebay/2nd hand etc. Its £800 spent and £2k saved. And DH moans about me paying £70 for someone to cook the placenta for me!! pft. off to rub his nose in it

Had my final growth scan yesterday and all is good (although I didn't expect anything different), baby is exactly on the 50th percentile so very average!
Saw the consultant who signed off on the HB and now only to see CMW in 2 weeks for 36 week home visit :thumbup:
The consultant was useless. The MW had to tell her 4 times my due date, she kept asking if it was a different date - read my notes fgs!
Then she asked if I was aware of the risks of heavy bleeding due to multiple babies and I told her it had been discussed already and I wasn't overly worried. Then the consultant said "you know there won't be a doctor there don't you?"
:dohh: Seriously?! And here I was expecting a whole surgery team to turn up just in case :haha: Never saw a doctor in the hospital either so don't see how it's much different really.
Ha ha it did make me chuckle and I came out practically skipping as I'm so happy to be on the road to home birthing :happydance:
(I say skipping - I was actually hobbling as my leg had seized up due to having to lie on my back for the scan!)

great price and omg @ your savings!

i've had a very busy day. My crib was delivered so I made that up which was a pain as one of the screws was a bit dodgy :growlmad: so the nursery is pretty much finished now. I need to locate the adapters for my quinny, i have NO idea where they could be :\ eek.

Also inflated and partially filled birth pool. I've plenty of space in my livingroom and me and my mum managed to siphon off the water but she did have to suck it so we'll have to rethink that hahaha

Great news! Shame they can't set up a full surgical team in your living room tho :( I'd contact aims

:haha: silly person.

Also just did a spreadsheet of how much money Ive saved us by buying things off ebay/2nd hand etc. Its £800 spent and £2k saved. And DH moans about me paying £70 for someone to cook the placenta for me!! pft. off to rub his nose in it

That's a great idea. I'm always amazed when people say they've spent £3000+ on baby stuff, I have images of gold plated cots as I can't figure how it costs that much!
We've saved loads of money on this baby as we haven't got anything yet lol. And time is running out :blush:
We do have clothes for newborn/ 0-3 months but hopefully it's a boy as we have all LO's clothes as they grow.
Mainly just to buy double pushchair and cot but it's all the bedding and extras that add up isn't it? :growlmad:

Have a look on eBay for adaptors. Might find that they're not too much if you can't find em. A friend got some for her bugaboo for £4.

I was surprised it was that much tbh. We probably spent another £1k on other stuff which was new Like a wardrobe and drawers(parents bought me stupid expensive pram, I'd have gone to eBay but it's first grandchild for them so they're excited). If we had bought everything new it would have been 3k+ easy. Madness tbh as they're hardly used for any time.

Wow Blah you're on a mission! I stupidly left building LO's cot to my OH and he ended up doing it the morning I was coming out of hospital. Needless to say he built it wrong as he put the base in upside down!
Oh god there's so much I have to do!

Wow Blah you're on a mission! I stupidly left building LO's cot to my OH and he ended up doing it the morning I was coming out of hospital. Needless to say he built it wrong as he put the base in upside down!
Oh god there's so much I have to do!

Same story with my OH last time too! He went home after I had amelie and made up her crib :dohh: Im starting to feel panicy that things arent ready but I can relax a bit now that all his stuff is more or less done with. The house needs cleaned still though :( Thats a job for next week!

i was so prepared last time round, and this time...well boy - i need to get my ass into gear!

7 days until D-Day ladies. I think the baby will either come on the 10th or the 20th tho.... don't know why i have those two dates in mind, especially as they are 10 day apart from each other!

Well they're nice round numbers. 10th is the full moon I think. Not sure if there's anything in that tho really.

Baby seems to be lower here. Can breathe at night now but peeing every 45 mins :haha: it's all good tho. Sleep? Pah!!!

Anyone have any good resources about aromatherapy during labour? Had a google and saw the options of what oils and what they do, but bit hard to know when to use them really. If not then I'll go to an aromatherapist but would prefer the free way ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->