Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

morning everyone.

Cranberry - really sorry but I'm not too sure... I didn't want to read and run. I just stuck to clary sage last time xx

Thanks. I might go see someone tbh. There's loads on the internet satin what's useful but I need like 'if x then use y'. Something simple. Should be able to have one session I think as it's quite standard I bet.

Yeh, that sounds like a good idea. Do you know someone in your area? Maybe a good reflexologist might be able to help? The reflexologist in my town i really clued up on stuff like that. x

I've asked my doula, I bet she knows someone who does it
Otherwise a friend does acupuncture so again he might know.

Waters broke 12 hours ago... my midwife has dropped all the home birth stuff off at home.. really hoping I don't have to go and get induced!! 12 hour countdown for my home birth!! Come on contracitons!!!!! :happydance:

Cool :) got any clary sage? My friend was telling me how she used it last week and it started her contractions back up when they stalled. Weirdness.

good luck Nyn hope baby shows up soon.

Clary sage worked bringing on contractions for me last time when i was induced i sneakily rubbed it on my stomach after they finished the monitoring and it defo helped bring them on strong

Oh wow Nyn! Good stuff!

Sending labour thoughts your way!

thanks ladies :) have drunk some sage tea as recommended by my midwife but dont' have any clarey sage and shops are shut sundays here :(

still pretty much nothing.. the odd very painful contraction then nothing. Am now 14.5 hours after water breaking :(

oh come on baby, do your thing! really hope things get moving! if you dont want to be induced, refuse! unless you have infection signs such as a temp, or unless the baby is in distress theres no need. xx

Stuff thats ready to go and in the right place...

Birth pool up
Tarp on floor
Sieve handy
Bucket handy
Thermostatic pool heater
Thermometer
Plug in radiator
Lots of towels
Bight desk lamp
Comfy large seat
Baby stuff in a bag (nappies, vests, baby grows, maternity pads, disposable pants, hats, mits, socks, blanket)
TENS
Hose and tap connector to fill pool

Things that will need to go into the room.....
Candles
Music
Dressing gown,
Maternity notes
Small table for the MW's

I have two isotonic drink in the fridge, but i will get a couple more. I also have some nuts and cereal bars.

I think i will pack me a transfer bag instead of leaving it to the OH - he can just add my toiletries to it.

I feel like I've missed something :shrug:

If it doesn't spring to mind then you probably don't need it. And if it does turn out you need it, won't be far to travel to get it!

Dh being fussy about me putting things in the right places. It's happening tho so he just has to suck it up. 2.5 weeks and it's operation 'turn house into birthing environment". Need a better code name first. :haha:

looks like a good list im gonna copy it if you dont mind

got my pool sorted just have to pick it up , bargin BPIB mini for £20, just need a new liner and hosing for it

Now I'm finally on mat leave I was thinking I should get around to packing an emergency hospital bag n make sure I have everything I need here. Oh and test out the pool which I'm most looking forward to! In my pool kit I have a waterproof thing for the floor under the pool, do you think I should get a shower curtain too incase I end up elsewhere? Although I really hope I have the baby in the pool. X

Eta also those hiring a TENs where are you getting it from? Was just gonna go with mothercare but don't want to miss out if someone does better deals ha ha. X

I picked a good day to check in! Good luck Nyn! Hope it's all happening at home now.

And Blah, I can't believe you're 37 weeks! My kids are clearly keeping me too busy. Good luck all ladies approaching their birth. :hugs:

Good luck Nyn!

Thanks PB, its mad isn't it?!

I really need to get my arse into gear :( I feel like I'm not prepared at all yet. Don't even have a liner and still debating on whether to get one or not. Not packed bag either although I did buy a packet of newborn size 1 disposables and a packet of wipes today so thats another thing off my list. Gonna get all my birth day stuff together tomorrow hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->