Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I am 5 foot 7 as well Celesse, and I thought I was about 14 stone at booking in but she has me down as nearly 15 stone that seems out a lot for me as at that appointment I was wearing size 14 trousers and top..:wacko:

I've tried to post that link to big baby before but the site had been blocked. Glad admin have unblocked it as it is a very useful resource!

I've tried to post that link to big baby before but the site had been blocked. Glad admin have unblocked it as it is a very useful resource!

Yeah I got SC to unblock it for me..he is on my msn. It wouldnt let me post it at first, I got all paranoid and I thought I was banned :rofl: x

I am 5 foot 7 as well Celesse, and I thought I was about 14 stone at booking in but she has me down as nearly 15 stone that seems out a lot for me as at that appointment I was wearing size 14 trousers and top..:wacko:

I was size 16 at booking, 14 on a very good day!.

Did she weigh you? Mine just asked me my weight. Sounds like if she did her scales must me out. Plus the later in the day, the more inaccurate and heavier your weight is.

She did weigh me hun, but it was on those digital scales and I didnt look as I didnt want too, she just told me what it was and wrote it down. So, it could have been out. It doesnt really make a difference in the grand scheme of things because I knew something was iffy, and I am still going to have my homebirth providing I dont have any complications from now onwards. x x

Thanks ER, I may need that. My last was just 9'3 but i'm slim and my m/w said after her birth that had I had another scan and they'd realised her weight I would have been 'advised' to go into hospital.

I have my birthplan tomorrow what kind of things should i ask her about im completely clueless? thanx

My birth plan is a list of requests that may differ from "standard" care. I have things like pain relief preferences, that I don't want lots of noise and ppl shouting at me to "push push push!!!", position for delivery, who I would want there and plans for when baby is born (skin to skin, cord cutting).

I have also made some requests of what I would consider in certain emergency situations which is to remind OH.

How are you Celesse, anymore sign of labour? Your probably bored of people asking you that..:blush: x x

I've had BH about once an hour over night, and are now about 30-40mins apart. I got up to see if I can encourage them to get stronger and into a pattern. I think they will probably disappear.

I'm kinda happy I have the growth scan on my due date, as it will give me something interesting and baby based to do, rather than feel disappointed all day if she isn't here.

Hello ladies :)
Hope you and your bumps are all well. I'm still reeling from the intensity of it all, but am home now and loving being a mummy!!
Things have been challenging, but I cannot describe how amazing and worth it my little boy is!!
I still expect to wake up from this dream!! I am very, very sleep deprived, but mist of that stems back to pre/during labour, but I managed last night to get a good 5 hrs all in all, so feel like a new woman today!!
We are working very, very hard on breastfeeding and am hoping my milk will come in ASAP.

I will try and catch up when I get a chance, and will also try and post my birth story when poss (if I can manage to type it without blubbing!!)

Glad you managed to get some sleep BH, you must have been knackered. Everything's a challenge in the early days isn't it. The birthds over, now bring on breastfeeding/sleep issues/teething etc :lol:

* * * Half an update on me * * *

Called the consultant, and spoke to his secretary at 8:55am, this morning. I was a mad black woman on a mission :haha:

He just called me back and apologised, he said he doesnt know why that senior midwive didnt call me but he has got in contact with the head of community midwives and she has PROMISED to call me tomorrow morning to discuss planning my homebirth. I dont know why but Im so excited now. :happydance:

I called Aims, but no one available to talk..so left a message and I noticed the chair of Aims lives just a couple of blocks away from me. I am KT5 postcode, she is KT6. Small world.

Oh, and MM I know you havent updated yet but I am so glad you got good news today and Celesse Happy..:sex:

Rock on homebirths!!

EternalRose x x

So exciting BH!!! I can't wait to read your birth story! Lots of :hugs: from me!!!

:happydance: I am on a roll!

She has just called me..she must have had some psychic intuition that I would have been up all night thinking about when she is going to call and put me out of my misery..:lol:

We have planned to meet on Friday at noon to discuss homebirth I think the consultant will be there too. She sounds really nice and I instantly felt comfortable which is a good sign. She started the phone call with " So would you really like your homebirth Monique? " You bet your ass I want a homebirth, but dont worry I didnt say that though. :haha: Can you tell I am buzzing! :lol: I am booked this week, GP wed, Antenatal classes this week, and I have birth plans to write for this antenatal class. I also want time to compile all my articulate questions, and not come across like I dont know what I am talking about so I arranged it for Friday with her.

Thanks for all your support ladies, I wouldnt have pushed for it if it wasnt for you..:hugs:

EternalRose x xx

Hello ladies :)
Hope you and your bumps are all well. I'm still reeling from the intensity of it all, but am home now and loving being a mummy!!
Things have been challenging, but I cannot describe how amazing and worth it my little boy is!!
I still expect to wake up from this dream!! I am very, very sleep deprived, but mist of that stems back to pre/during labour, but I managed last night to get a good 5 hrs all in all, so feel like a new woman today!!
We are working very, very hard on breastfeeding and am hoping my milk will come in ASAP.

I will try and catch up when I get a chance, and will also try and post my birth story when poss (if I can manage to type it without blubbing!!)

I bet your on cloud nine with your little one Emma, he is absolutely beautiful :cloud9: Looking forward to reading your birth story and congratulations once again x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->