Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Awwww congratulations ljo =) can't wait to read your birth story and see piccys =)

Effing fab ljo!!

Congrats and welcome baby Freya (unless you changed your mind since making your siggy!!)

Congrat ljo!!! How awesome!
You did a great job and i cant wait to hear your story!
That didnt seem like a long birth either....how did you like the TENs?

I was up with contractions from 5am. Waters broke around 11 she was born at 12.08! I was 3-4 cm when waters broke and was pushing when I got to delivery! Used tens right up until that point when i think it just ended up staying on contraction mode lol. But got good use out of it unlike my poor pool! :-(

Picy
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/ljo1984/80382460.jpg

Many congratulations Ljo - a beautiful name for a beautiful baby :)

Hope everybody had a great Chrimbo. Wishing you all a great New year ahead with our babies.

I was so gutted when she said 3-4 cm lol, she wasn't going to do a ve she was very modern and wanted to follow my birth plan, I loved her. The only reason she did it was because she couldn't feel her head and wanted to make sure it was shoulders she was Ferlinghetti externally and not a bum!
But when the paramedics came and wanted me to walk to the van she was like no way if she walks that far she'll be fully dilated and pushing onroute ha ha. Which did almost happen!
I just miss my Imogen! I've never spent a night away from her apart from when on nights so I'm sat here now wanting a cuddle with her. Will make up for it tomorrow. Xx

:hugs: hope you cuddles with her soon :hugs:
I remember that sense of grief when i was 4-6cm....after a long time i only dilated like 1/2 a cm....im talking hours...but then when i got up and out of the jacuzzi, walked to the other room, i jumped from a 5 1/2 (not quite 6cm) all the way to 7.5 (almost an 8). Funny how that happens!

Well done ljo =) she is so very very cute and so big!! =)

Fingers crossed your labour vibes will start me off very soon lol
Me next hopefully =)

Sweep today wish me luck as if it doesn't work I will prob be induced next week =/

Seems like ages ago I posted here in the summer about wanting a homebirth. With any luck my little girl will be arriving at home in the next 3-8 weeks so hope you don't mind me barging back in ladies!

Congrats ljo on your beautiful little girl :flower:

Good luck with your sweep MatthewAlyssa! I'm in Gloucestershire too - they seem to be pretty pro-homebirth here.

Sweep today wish me luck as if it doesn't work I will prob be induced next week =/

good luck, really hope it gets things going and you get a fantastic HB. im gonna have to abandon my HB hopeful badge, and i wont be having the acheiver one! booooo, so close!! :growlmad:

Did you transfer in LJo?

i did yes :cry: all for the sake of been there about 10 mins ha ha.

ive just done my epic birth story lol

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...l-my-yellow-bump-27-12-11-a.html#post14712654

Thanks =) well I had my sweep about an hour ago now and just very uncomfortable =(

She said she could feel babys head and that (tmi) my cervix is soft but still thick and that she could use 2fingers tips to do my sweep..... I'm not sure if thats good or bad but also she didn't tell me how dilated I am......

I think it's worth people noting in advance that even with meconium in the waters you can stay at home. Policy is usually to transfer in but if everyone looks in good shape you can take a wait and see approach. Pulling that off in the heat of the moment can be tricky so it's worth having the discussion with your birth partner/s in advance. When i have client who have passed their due dates we usually come back to this point as mec in the waters is very common post EDD as your baby's bowel will be mature and passing mec may just be happening because it's matured just before or during labour. :)

Here are a couple of articles on the subject for anyone wanting to know more.

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/meconium.htm
https://midwifethinking.com/2010/10/09/the-curse-of-meconium-stained-liquor/

I did think afterwards I bet it's quite common when "over due". I was sad I didn't get to stay at home but I'm still happy with my birth and I guess that's what is important and I can always try again next time. Xx

Good luck MA really hope it gets things moving. Xx

You should bring Freya to the Leeds home birth group and tell your story! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"