Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

hmmm...that's a toughie one, I guess having family close is a luxury some of us take for granted!

Guppy, It's been a few days since you posted so I hope you've managed to work something out with your lo during labour.

As for me had a couple of days of prodromal labour .Things look like they are about to get moving and then it all fizzles out again.

hope its not too much longer narie. i didnt really have any pre labour as such. had a few hours of regular bh on 23rd dec (she was born 27th) thats it. but as they say, every contraction now is one less when proper labour kicks off. xxx

Well, The MWs said if i had another prolonged labor (but choose to stay at home), then they are going to have a student MW come and observe but also help take care of DS. I thought that was very helpful, even though im not expecting another long labor (DS was persistant posterior, but this baby is LOT-so in a good position :thumbup:-of course anything can happen, so glad for the back up). Then there is a SAHM that i met at a church group on thursday. She lives in my neighborhood. I dont know her very well but Pastors wife said she is a great mom and very trustworthy, so in the event i need transferred, we are going to do that. I dont expect a transfer, but again, nice to have the back up.
Other than that DH is just going to take care of DS while the MWs tend to me. DH will be around, of course, and i reckon isaiah will sleep through some of the labor (he takes two 3 hour naps in the day, and of course sleeps at night). And the MWs will help with support. So im happy about the current situation. And our house is pretty open floor plan so DH wont be missing out on much.

Narie, i hope the prodominal labor turns into full blast for you :hugs:
:dust:

I have been getting about 2 practice contractions wakeing me up every morning. And then nothing after. But at night, around 9pm, i start getting menstrual cramping. They only last a couple of hours. I dont imagine either will turn into anything....but guess ya never know.

I dint think shes posted for a while but Zara had her baby at home in the pool this morning :)

Thanks ljo and Guppy, just posting to say I'm still a pregnant mama. Prodromal labour seems to be my pregnancy speciality. With my last pregnancy it went on for a couple of weeks before anything happened.

Guppy, so pleased you've managed to come up with a plan for your lo when you go into labour.

Congratulations Zara.

We seem to have had a lot of prodromal mamas on the Facebook group just recently and once they get going, it seems to go fast!

I had the same experience last time dd was born after 1.5 hours of active labour, but no signs of prodromal labour over the last couple of days so I'm thinking labour is probably a while off yet.

MY WATER BROKE!!!!!!!!!!​

I rolled over because isaiah was in the monitor crying.
Was telling DH to go and give him milk.
When i rolled over my water went everywhere in bed!

No contractions yet, but it happened at 7:35am
& its 10:30am now

MY WATER BROKE!!!!!!!!!!​

I rolled over because isaiah was in the monitor crying.
Was telling DH to go and give him milk.
When i rolled over my water went everywhere in bed!

No contractions yet, but it happened at 7:35am
& its 10:30am now

OMG!!! Wow! :happydance::happydance:

Thanks girls.
MW said labor needs to be started within 18 hours (not that baby needs to be born, but just i need to be contracting...its probably a state law :wacko:) anyways. She said to alternate between eating, sleeping, and walking...im going to try the breast pump as well...what else should i do? Its been almost 4 hrs, i really want my homebirth :(

All the 'doing' will delay things. It's producing adrenalin which is fighting away any increase in oxytocin. You're inadvertently telling you're body it's not safe to birth. You need to stop, breath and trust that things WILL happen but no one can control when. Please don't wear yourself out! Just get everything cosy and as dark as you can, stop talking, thinking, posting in the Internet :winkwink: and switch off your neocortex. Let go. x

Read this then log off! :lol:

https://www.wombecology.com/physiological.html

It was 10 hours after my waters went before I had a surge and predictably it was as soon as it started to get dark. I've seen it happen over and over. I probably could have 'encouraged things' by switching off more but it was day light so I just went about life as usual. Watched a film, ate naughty foods and cleaned and ironed! When it got dark and I sat with my eyes closed and my iPod on with my relaxation tracks ie stopped thinking, it just came on. By 8pm 12 hours after my waters went I was finally starting and he was with us by 12.45am. Keep the faith honey x

Eva was born 53 hours after my waters broke, only got contractions nearly 48 hours after waters broke. Yeah, they pressured me for induction/antibiotics/etc, but I stook firm and was able to have my homebirth (it didn't happen but that's another story). Hope it all kicks off soon!

Hi bubbles! I edited my post because I was confusing your username with someone else :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->