Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

:dance::shock::yipee:

...i have a feeling i'll go early...but then i ignore that intuition because i went almost 42 weeks with DS, so it just doesn't seem possible :blush: Im just planning on going 42 weeks and if it happens before that, then bonus points :haha:

....if EDD was based on LMP I would be 37+6! ...but i didn't ov. until CD 22...so thats the huge difference....would be nice thinking i was further along, but in the long run i know its better that way, so induction isnt pressured.

WOW just WOW

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/31/pictures-footling-breech-baby-born-into-dads-hands/

UC footling breech with Daddy catching.

Welcome oread!

Not long either way now Guppy!! You're on the home straight!!

That footling UC is amazing!!!!!

Just a little post to say I hope to be joining you ladies again in the near future. My little boy is 23 months at the end of the week, and I've finally had my first postnatal period!

Wow them pics are great!

Manda sending you some baby dust. Hope you get a bfp nice and quick. Xx

Hi ya ladies!
I'm now back on the net - New laptop and internet connection - Hooray!
No stopping me now..
Littleone is now 6 months old and we are weening with a vengence, as there will be little left of me the way she feeds and the amount of weight I have been loosing.

With the new laptop I have managed to have a look at my birth video (which I did think was lost forever). I'm so pleased I recoved it. I haven't got it all edited down yet from an hour an 20mins, but when I do, I'll let you guys have a peek.
Love to all.

Ugh....i dont know what to do now :(
One of the girls from church was supposed to watch DS while i was laboring (watch him at our house). But now she moved and can't make it.
Then my best friend was going to come over and take professional photos and watch isaiah, but i just found this morning that she is moving back north (4 hours)...we dont live near family, and i dont trust anyone else here enough to tend to Isaiah :cry: im so stressed! This is like THE WORST timing :(

Oh dear, I really feel for you. I was sort of in the same situation.
My folks were in Turkey my sister was at least 2 hours away. I did have local friends who said they would take my oldest if I wanted, but they all had children of their own or were working (and as you never really know when it's going to be, it's hard to make firm plans¬!)
I decided that my sister would have to come.. and I would call her the min I had a show and twinges. However, what happened in the end was my sister bailed with the weight of responsibility (I don't blame her for this), and we both asked my folks to come back from Turkey to be on standby for us. I had a show about 10am on the friday baby was born.. called my folks and told them to take oldest about lunchtime. I had a gut feeling it was going to be that day. Baby was born about half 9 at night - so loads and loads of time! and also there was no need for oldest to leave really, as she woudl have been in bed at the time.. but I somehow felt more at ease with her out of the house, least of all so I didn't have to be mummy with her (selfish I know - but sometimes we all have to be ;-)

Rack your brains for family that will be there for you - they are usaully the ones that in a fix really will move mountains for you!.. and if your lucky enough you can make some back up plans for staying at home with you or for going away, or if you transfer into hospital (worth thinking about, even if it is for a short while.

It doesn't help to say, I know as I had it said to me.. but things always work themselves out - esp when you get emotional and desperate! ;-)
Xxx

yeah we actually went to family first, before going the friend route. But they are a 10 hour drive away (at closest and if the weather isn't bad). So then we turned to firends. Everyone has to work and so the family wasn't able to do it. blah....and i have thought about transfer...i really dont know what im going to do. Our first attempt was family (none around here), but no one could do that. Our second attempt was the girl from the church (she was livng with us but the leader put her in a different home so we could have alone/family time before the baby-but now she's too far). Then that back up was my friend, who i just got the news today that she is moving 4 hours north....we really are at the end of the line....we cannot afford to pay someone to watch DS even if i did find someone i trusted....im sorry, i seem so negative, im just really stressed between this and the crap going on with DH :(

oh bugger!! i suppose he could just stay at home but then theres still issues of meeting his demands while your in established labour and needing more of OH's support. if its over night your as safe as houses but during the day will be the problem. i know i had all my contractions in my pelvis and legs and to stand up was agony so really couldnt get off my ball. OH was upstairs getting something and she was on her trike and cought up her all in one food under the wheel and she was crying for me to pick her up, i tried but then ended up in agony and trying to breath through the hurendous contraction it created! so i wasnt able to do anything myself it was all upto oh until my mum got here.

also theres then the problem of transfer if (which you wont!!!) you have to go in.

is there no family or friend who is able and willing to stay with you round your due date? i know its not the best and less stressful option but might make it easier knowing there is someone there 24/7 if you need them. xx

is there no family or friend who is able and willing to stay with you round your due date? i know its not the best and less stressful option but might make it easier knowing there is someone there 24/7 if you need them. xx

We already considered that and we did pursue family members/friends about it, but no one can get off work.

Grrrrr!! I really hope something gets sorted. You don't need this stress so close to being due. Your not having a dula are you?

It might end up being the case that your oh provides all the care and supports you when possible which is a bit rubbish but at least you get to stay at home etc. Xxx

yeah, we can't afford a doula...which is embarassing since i am a doula lol. So im to prideful to ask an intraining doula :blush:

DH has been emotionally absent (for a while, this isnt anything new). Even though he was at my sons birth, (all 30 hours! lol), he was pretty emotionally distant, though he was next to me for most of it. I got more support from the nurses and such....so idk...maybe it wont be such a big deal if he tends to LO anyways. I 'll 2 MWs here, so im sure i'll have the support....i just really hope i dont have to transfer, otherwise i think we will be SOL.

My oh was the same, more so with imogens just sat on the side line, he backed off when they rushed in with forceps, mw had to push him forward n tell him to hold my hand!! With Freya he was busy with the pool then rushing to hospital so there was only 10 mins at the end when I was pushing! He put on my hypnobithing off my I phone to which he got the evilest look off me ha ha! So yeh I know what you mean when you say him bring his main carer might not be a bad thing ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->