Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Welcome, bubbles! I'm sorry for them not filling you in fully. As ljo said, placental position would've been picked up on a scan, as that's one of the things they look for. And if they were concerned it was placenta praevia, they would've wanted to deliver you by section and certainly wouldn't have broken your waters. *hugs* Loads of baby dust and future perfect labour dust to you! x

Hi everyone!

I'm back to witter about homebirths after a few weeks of debating options with the hospital. They wanted to make me high risk etc etc. Still officially considering MLU but realistically my OH is now v cool with the idea of a HB so it's full steam ahead!

Just need to sort out a birthpool but hoping for a discount code - hate paying full price for anything lol

Amy x

Thank you. It's actually strangely comforting to feel rightly injustified IYKWIM? :lol: I have a shopping list as long as my arm for books:
Guide to childbirth/ spiritual midwifery
Home Birth
Doula Guide to child birth
Childbirth without fear

I may have a look at Mary Mongans book but I really enjoyed doing Natal Hypnotherapy (Maggie Howell), I did only do the CD so I'd quite like to read the book. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure DH will love moving the boxes of books when we come to move

i have that book and listened to the same cd too and found both really helped when it came to the big day. xx

Hi everyone!

I'm back to witter about homebirths after a few weeks of debating options with the hospital. They wanted to make me high risk etc etc. Still officially considering MLU but realistically my OH is now v cool with the idea of a HB so it's full steam ahead!

Just need to sort out a birthpool but hoping for a discount code - hate paying full price for anything lol

Amy x

yay great your planning hb again. xx

A warm welcome to the group bubbles :) don't feel that because someone lives locally they must automatically be the doula for you. We travel usually up to an hour away and what's more important is that you find the right person for you rather than the closest ;) I am a doula myself and I will have a doula with my for my next birth as even I with all my knowledge will be vulnerable in labour and susceptible to coercion and my doula is defnietly not the closest one to me but she's the perfect one for me :)

LJo I considered becoming a Mw a few years ago and thought being a doula would be good experience for me but the more I work as a doula the less I want to be a Mw. I work or talk with so many Mws who say they went into midwifery to do what I do as a doula but they rarely get to be 'with woman' in the truest sense. :(

glad to see some activity in here :D
One mroe week until im considered full term! :shock::yipee::shock:

bubbles, i LOVE books by Ina May Gaskin (a well known MW here in the states). She has written some fabulous experiences!

Can't remeber if i said or not, but i had my MW home visit yesterday and it went well!
They said the pool can go in our room, which im happy about because we have a bathroom with a two man shower off of our room, which will be nice for labor! And of course the bed will be there too.

Baby is in a great position!! Thank God! I do NOT want another posterior baby! Baby is L.O.T. so i couldn't be happier! Now if the little stink actually stays that way! :haha:

Just came across this and wanted to share, its about telling how dilated you are without internals:flower:

https://sarahvine.wordpress.com/201...-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

^^ I read that blog when pregnant with DD, the irrationality part is spot on. It wasn't until reading it things started coming back to me about DS' birth, like trying to put my knickers on :haha: I think it helped alot though with DD as I knew it was com ing and it helped me recognise that THAT part of labour was normal and signaling the next stage

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone remembers me because I haven't been on for quite a few weeks but we've made our finally made a definite decision to have a home birth this time around.

Baby last week was head down and engaged so everything is looking good and I'm started to feel excited (& a tiny bit apprehensive) about getting the type of birth I've always wanted. :happydance:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone remembers me because I haven't been on for quite a few weeks but we've made our finally made a definite decision to have a home birth this time around.

Baby last week was head down and engaged so everything is looking good and I'm started to feel excited (& a tiny bit apprehensive) about getting the type of birth I've always wanted. :happydance:

Fantastc news xxx

Yay! thats so exciting Narie!!!
I can't believe our babys will be here shortly! :cloud9:

Yay! thats so exciting Narie!!!
I can't believe our babys will be here shortly! :cloud9:

Aw, I know. Has this pregnancy gone fast for you? it's seemed to have flown by for me. But, I'm so getting so impatient to meet this little one now.

Only went and won myself a copy of Ina Mays Guide to childbirth for £5.60 :happydance:

Nice job Bubbles! I love her stuff!

Narie, it has gone by wicked fast this time! Im thinking my crazy 16 month had something to do with that :haha:

My daughter is just 8 months old, so I'm just waiting to try, and probably will be for some time yet, but I'm already so excited to do a home birth next time around. She was my first baby and I was too afraid to try a home birth, but now I know I can do it and it would be so much better than the hospital. I didn't hve a terrible hospital experience, but didn't get the unmedicated birth I wanted. I'm sure if I'm at home and have a pool I won't want or need painkillers. Figting hospital policies and nagging nurses was more than I could handle in labor. My husband will also be much less afraid for the second baby, I'm very excited for the opportunit to have a better birth experience!

Welcome oread!
I too had to fight for my hospital birth (this is one reason i dont like living in America :() I got the birth i wanted but it didn't come without having to fight for it...there is something extrodinarly messed up when a natural birthing mama has to ward off routine and protocal to get a normal birth!
So glad you are hear :D

i had a practice contraction around 10am and again a little after 11am (nothing since). They didn't feel like BHs..but i dont know if they were contractions (i doubt it)...ive only ever had 2 BHs and neither of these felt like that...but since ive never really had em, i guess thats probably what it is...i can't even compare it to regular contractions either because that was 100% back labor, and so i have no idea what a contraction feels like without the back labor im pretty sure its just BHs...no tightening feelings though...felt like i was going to have the Big D (or menstrual cramping only over the entire bump) only it last like half a minute and i never passed gas or anything. Oh well. Is interesting since i never had any of this with Isaiah. i reckon its a big fat nothing though. i dont think i would go early lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->