Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hallo. I'm booked for a home birth. Edd is 5th march. exciting! No idea what to expect as it's my first and I'm swaying from super excited and well up for the challenge of labour to thinking omg I'm going to bleed to death (and other such stupidness!)

Hi and welcome you will be absoloutly fine, i can not stress enough how relaxing it was being at home. not long to wait now, are you all prepared and rearing to go? xx

You will do great hun! I love both of my births but i have to admit, my homebirth was fab! It was nice doing things in myown way, in my own time.much more relaxing and so much better!

Yes I think so. We've set the conservatory up with some lovely drapes, soft lighting and a pool... Got loads of aromatherapy oils... I'm mostly excited at the moment! Not sure what else I need. X

Oooo sounds lovely and you'll sure be relaxed in that environment, it's relaxing me just thinking about it lol. X

I need a night time labour/birth next time very jealous of the candle light lol. X

Haha mine was mainly in the day but we shut the blinds, so very dark....although i had prodminal through the night...

mmmmm i think blackout blinds for next time, its still to light even when i close the ones i have ha ha.

how are you finding life as a mum of two? found it chaotic for a few weeks, then its calmed down now ive sorted a routine.

With my clients who have laboured during the day we make it like its night as its much more oxytocin friendly. Gotta have candle light!!

Great info, thank you.

I was watching the animal planet channel recently and it was saying that capturing animal births on camera is rare because of this, they tend to do it at night. Makes perfect sense really, I wonder why I sat from 9pm-6am strapped to a damn bed on pitocin with fluorescent lights glaring in my eyes? UGH

plus most animals will stop their labor if they feel unsafe or threatened....they start it back up when they feel safe and thats usually when they are alone

I have sheer material on the windows so its more private... it won't be dark though, if its daytime...

Congratulations!!! I have read your unassisted birth story while I was pregnant and it was amazing so looking forward to following you this time around. Xxx

Congrats Silver Penny! I remember seeing your name at the very beginning of this thread.

I am new to this thread and thought I'd introduce myself. I did start to read it, but had to give up around page 150. Is this the longest thread on the forum??

I'm so taken with all the support and wisdom here. It's a far cry form the scaremongering and misinformation you find elsewhere online. I'm really grateful to have found this thread even if I can't finish reading the whole thing lol!

I am only 7 weeks along, but am already longing for a home birth. My first child was born in 1988 with zero complications. I had a very normal labour and hospital delivery although due to living in the US at the time and having Kaiser insurance, I had no choice in the matter. I wanted a water birth back then, but was too young to stand up for myself.

Now, at 44, I am hoping to stay healthy enough to do this without unnecessary interventions. My sister in law is a doula who has had 2 home births, so I def have the family support, but I doubt the staff at Queen Charlottes will look favorable on my age. For now, I won't worry about it and will just focus on enjoying my pregnancy.

But I can hope, can't I? :)

Hi and welcome, you don't have to hope cause you can do this, and how lucky having a doula in the family as well as having support from them all. It doesn't matter how old you are this is your decision, they can try and scare you into hospital birth but it's your choice at the end of the day and they have to respect that and attend.

You will get brilliant support from ladies in here too, and read plenty if positive home birth stories (there's a thread in stickys with this one), I found them so empowering. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->