Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hey silver penny!!!! Congratulations! So excited for you.

and a big hello to our growing group of support! - Thank you for coming in and sharing your pregnancies and births with us!

I'm so buoyed up at the moment, just had our first home birth group in our local area of East Dorset - Yes the Dorset Group is too large now, so we have one of our own, headed up by the amazing MW who came to my 2nd daughter's birth.. I'm absolutely over the moon about it - we had a good mix of MWs, a hypnobirthing practitioner, doula, first timers, and 2 families who had had 2 home births( incl 2 men) so it was totally great, and I only hope it grows!

p.s
Sorry I haven't done my home birth video yet - I'm not really a wiz with the editing suite stuff! (plus secretly, I don't want to cut anything!;-)

:hi: natasha, you'll love this group, loads of support and advice whenever you need it. all these newly pregnant ladies, and ones ready to birth are not helping my super broodyness ha ha!! xx

Thank you, it sounds perfect!

thanks for sharing i have been curious about water births etc at home births im glad you posted here

Im hoping that someone can answer this question for me. I have come across a topic that I would like to know more about from Mom's who have experienced it. Strep B. I have read that if you have it, then you must be administered antibiotics at the time of birth so that it is not passed onto the baby. Is there a natural alternative to this? I don't really want to pump my little one full of antibiotics as he/she first enters the world! Id love to know any other information about this. Thanks :)

Im hoping that someone can answer this question for me. I have come across a topic that I would like to know more about from Mom's who have experienced it. Strep B. I have read that if you have it, then you must be administered antibiotics at the time of birth so that it is not passed onto the baby. Is there a natural alternative to this? I don't really want to pump my little one full of antibiotics as he/she first enters the world! Id love to know any other information about this. Thanks :)

I had group B strep.

It's administered to the mother, not the baby. There are not alternative medicines for it, although some women choose not to use the antibiotics. I suggest doing a lot of research about the issue, it can be fatal if the baby catches it (which is rare in itself but the fatality rate of an infected infant is high, something like 10%)

I had group B strep.

It's administered to the mother, not the baby. There are not alternative medicines for it, although some women choose not to use the antibiotics. I suggest doing a lot of research about the issue, it can be fatal if the baby catches it (which is rare in itself but the fatality rate of an infected infant is high, something like 10%)

Thank you, that is what I had read but I wanted a bit more confirmation. I feel like it is ofcourse worth it if the outcome of not doing it can be fatal to the baby. We just want a happy healthy baby (and mom). Was it administered to you via IV or?

I had group B strep.

Thank you, that is what I had read but I wanted a bit more confirmation. I feel like it is ofcourse worth it if the outcome of not doing it can be fatal to the baby. We just want a happy healthy baby (and mom). Was it administered to you via IV or?

Yes it was by IV but my last birth was a pitocin hospital induction so it was really just more crap pumped into me :dohh:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this time if I am positive, I will check Ina may's book. I think Peanut has a thread around here for girls who choose not to use group b antibiotcs

Check out the https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/504819-group-b-strep-support-thread.html

:cloud9: Well it happened!! March 7th our new addition arrived. It's a boy! :) So glad it was a surprise. And a wonderful one at that. He was born at 11:44 am at home in our birth tub. SO quick. Water broke at about 7:30 am and the first contraction was a HOLY CRAP this is intense one 4 hours later he was born. I think it would of been quicker had the midwife and our doula been here sooner. I think we all thought it would take a little longer then that.. I was full dilated for about an hour before they arrived but I was so uncomfortable and uneasy until they got there and he was born within the hour after the midwife arrived. Anyways very intense but thankfully quick. No tears. 7 pds 13 ounces. And just perfect. Finally picked a name last night. Hudson James. :cloud9:

We are doing great and I am feeling really good too. :)

i got my home birth! )n thursday morning, after 3 hours of labour, I had a liitle boy. It was amazing, the best experience ive ever had. I just wish I had all my others at home now.

Congratulations. Good job ladies with the short Labours.
My friend had her baby this morning in oz (so was evening there) she was in hospital but went natural in 4 hours and said my voice was in her head through every contraction saying that's one down, another one to go. We talked alot about coping and relaxing techniques so even though I was at the otherwise of the world I feel sort of like I was there in a way. Got me all emotional thinking I've helped someone to achieve the birth they wanted. Sorry just had to share, that and now I'm mega broody ha ha. X

Congratulations to the new mums and their beautiful arrivals! So good to hear! :)

CONGRATS!!

All my blood work came back fine! Which is another step towards a home birth! No complications as of yet!! :happydance: I'm officially due September 23rd...1 day before my birthday!!

What an awesome birthday present, Jellybeann! :)

So far so good here, just waiting for the 20 week scan on 4/17 to see where the placenta is and how baby is doing.

Hi Everyone,

I have had some dark brown spotting on and off today, no cramps. Is any one else experiencing this? I looked up online and it said it is fairly common, I am about 7 weeks.

Love to hear from anyone about this
Thanks
Natasha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back