Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Amazing pics chuck! It is quiet here now. I miss it :-( xx

beautiful photos Chuck and not scary at all.

I keep looking and think crickey how dark are my nipples!!

To be fair although there is fanny and you can see some blood it isnt all that bad...gotta give people some warning though!

I suppose you'd shock a few 1st timers on 3rd tri but they probably won't be on a VBAC thread anyways!! :)

LOL true.

I know I would never have gotten there if it werent for this thread and all the lovely ladies in this section of BnB.

Its sad that this thread has gone quite quiet. I miss it. Thank you Chuck for sharing your Pictures, they are absolutely amazing :hugs:

There is a certain comradery that I think we achieve here that not many groups have or understand. Maybe its our belief in our own and each other's strength, the trust we have in our bodies and in the birth process itself. For whatever reason, there is a strong bond I think flows through here, which holds us up and together, whether this thread is active or not.

Hey ladies

I was in here for my homebirth with my 3rd child last March, which all went perfectly. Very very surprisingly I think im back after a bnb break and looking at another HB next March.. Quite a shock as my daughter was def 'the last one' but a HPT or 20 later and I guess not lol :shock: :haha:

Chuck those pics are amazing! That's birth! It's raw! Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome back Anababe!!!! Exciting times!!! Totally gutted to not be journeying with you this time :cry:

Wowweee Chuck!!!!! They are amazing pictures! so pleased I choose this moment to check in! (there must be a link#.>?!)

I'm too really sad that this thread has died a little death recently, but I guess that is due to the power of facebook, - the only problem with facebook is that is doesn't offer the freedom and anonimity that this site allowes us, to share our thoughts and deepest feelings... without your school mates finding out!? xXx

I resolve to try to participate more in the facebook page, but will always truely connect with you here :)
xxx
Nic

I don't have FB!! Long story. Hate it. I wish I had more to share but right now I'm in the "wait and see" mode with a doula booked & pro-HB midwife & no problems. No news is good news so far!

I have a FB but rarely post on it. Especially about pregnancy and birth. I suppose its because I don't want to cause controversy, especially as my choices on birth and pregnancy are a little "out there" as I do unassisted. The anonimity here is a definite plus.

It is sad with Facebook that you can't feel you can share your true feelings. It took me almost till full term till i mentioned home birth on there cause I couldn't be arsed with people's negative comments! But it was ok actually no body said anything, one of my mums friend would often talk to me about it on there as she thought it was amazing.

Isn't the fb home birth and hopefullys private, so your friends can't see what you posted. I never really posted in there just stuck to here but thats my understanding of it. Xx

Awesome photos Chuck :thumbup:

And congratulations Anababe :happydance:

I haven't been on this thread for what seems like a lifetime! I rarely seem to get on B&B these days but thought i'd just check in while Rudy is napping and Toby is mesmerised with "Something Special" :blush: :haha:

I think we're stopping at two. A bit of a surprising decision for us as OH had said he'd like three and i wanted four...but it's been harder than i imagined being a Mum of two so the idea of adding more to the mix makes me want to hide! I'm not sure if it makes me sound a bit batty but probably the saddest thing about that decision is that i won't be able to experience giving birth again! :lol: Rudy's birth was just incredible. I'd do it again tomorrow! (If it weren't for the fact i'd then have three LO's i mean! :winkwink: ) Lol.

Totally not batty!! I can't wait to give birth again (hopefully at home next time lol) when I think of having my last which may well be the next one as like you two is a handful at moment, I'm already feeling sad that I'll never experience pregnancy or labour and birth again, them moments after baby is born and your in your little bubble! I'd like 4-6 in an ideal world but theres money, space and sanity that are massive factors so I'm thinking 3, 4 at a push (or if it's twins ha ha) but I will be back here as a official home birth hopeful in the future. Xx

I'm totally with you guys!!

The whole facebook thing; and I know that although my posts in the group won't go on the "wall", it doesn't mean that an individual who wants to know all about you, can't find the groups you "like" or have joined, and can join them too... under a pseudonym - all you need is an e-mail address.. and call yourself whatever you like, befriend some of your friends etc... because it isn't an invite only group; and it shouldn't be, so we can talk to genuine women and men from around the world - but it's one of the modern forms of bulling too.

I had a rather angry, extreemly old flame,who did exactly just that, proporting to be a women that I knew from an evening out, and was very convincing... then gave me non-stop abuse until the account was deleted. In hindsight, it's rather funny and sad, that someone who you snogged when you were 15 would go to such lenghts!!! :)

I also feel a little sadness that I can't "come out" and say "home birth yay, in YOUR facebook!" because, just like you silver, I'd be worried I'd start a conversation that I didn't want to and couldn't finish.

But i post some photos of my first birth, and it was obvious we weren't anywhere near a clinical setting, (mostly because of the washing up in the background! :) - and not a single comment on our birh choice, so that in a way it's great and also sad.

Rebaby - we have also decided twos the limit. It was a hard decision to make, because just like you, I still now would give birth at least once a week, for that amazing feeling... plus I really enjoyed being pregnant. Now our littlest has her first birthday this weekend, it will mark the end of babies.. as she's ready to be a toddler. It's the right desision for us, and even if I won the lottery, I don't think I would change it, because I want to nurture this little people into our big world and give them all the time I have. Becasue as much as I love babies, somedays, it's hard just to keep my two alive what with the various experiments that keep happening with the plug sockets!!! ;-)
xxxx

Hi there ladies. I am pregnant with my 2nd baby, due in Jan. I have a beautiful daughter, whom I tried to have at home (water birth) but was non emergency transferred to hospital due to exhaustion. I am hoping for a successful home birth with #2. Sorry for such a long post, just wondering if I could join?

Hi there ladies. I am pregnant with my 2nd baby, due in Jan. I have a beautiful daughter, whom I tried to have at home (water birth) but was non emergency transferred to hospital due to exhaustion. I am hoping for a successful home birth with #2. Sorry for such a long post, just wondering if I could join?

Welcome :)

Welcome :)

Thank you!:flower:

Feeling terribly INSPIRED today.

CIL (cousin-in-law) has been on bed rest for 9 months for various complications.

She was due to have a scheduled C-section. She refused, and had the baby naturally in 3 hours, start to finish. Not even a graze. Part of me hates her (lol jealousy, just kidding), but really I am SO happy for her, trusting her instincts and coming off a terribly hard pregnancy with such a good start. She deserved it!!

How do I get that labour dust??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"