Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Never mind you! I'm hating her a bit right now ha ha! So annoying isn't it but you'll get your hb. Xx

Hi there. My name is Vicki, I’m 34 and from New Zealand.

I’m PCOS sufferer with both polymenorrhea and oligomenorrhea at times. Amenorrhea if my BMI is > 25. No issues with husband’s fertility.

Currently pregnant after one round of Clomiphene (50mg), which resulted in a singleton pregnancy + vanishing twin. Due early December 2012. This is my first baby - gender unconfirmed.

This time around I intend to birth at a Birthing Centre rather than home (for logistical reasons more than anything else). Am VERY interested in natural birthing and have rather strong views on the unnecessary medicalisation of childbirth.

Look forward to getting to know you all :)

I always see negative articles about home birth so thought I should share a (semi) positive one. Shows the sad state of home birth in this country though, but shows that homebirthers are not ignorent nutjobs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-29/home-birth-proponents-highly-educated/4161984

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am from BC Canada and am pregnant with our first...a little boy. I am currently under the care of a fabulous team of midwives (so thankful midwifery is covered under my government medical) and planning a homebirth if all goes smoothly for the last trimester!

Just beginning to look into hypnobirthing now and preparing myself and DH for the experience!

Heyhey.
Very happy these days, I just got the all clear that I can try a home birth, as long as everything stays okay.
I´m meeting a midwife that specializes in homebirths and hypnobirths next tuesday :) Looking forward to it.

Hi ladies, figure I should really join you. Planning a hbac after an emcs with my son last year. Surprisingly my midwife was really supportive, consultant not (it's a hbac against medical advice). Starting to get organised, picked up an unused birthpool secondhand today, it's still sealed in the polythene bag! Poor couple who were meant to be using it have been denied their HB :( Just hoping I manage to go into labour this time as I went through all of induction at 42wks but ended up with an EMCS after DS' hr went up and there was meconium. I was fully dilated and pushing at that point but the decision was taken based on the info I had at the time (not knowing if the fetal blood test machine had been working I might have been given more time if it had showed DS was ok).

Our local hospital loans out birth pools free of charge for homebirths - had a phonecall from them this morning letting us know one was available for us to collect. We picked it up and inflated it this afternoon - not had a trial run with water yet but oh my gosh it's so comfy to sit in!! I'm so excited, can't wait to meet our little baby boy and now it seems like we're one step closer. Here it is in situ - I think it looks beautiful :haha:

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Cinley/2012-08-07145725.jpg

Fantastic! Nice to know some areas are pro-HB! We only just managed to keep the HB provision after politicians got involved!!!

Can I join you ladies, i'm 22 6 weeks pregnant and dead set on having a hb and staying far away from the hospital

Oh wow, it's quite different here! In my experience the midwives I've met are all pro-HB and I feel very supported by them in my decision to birth at home :)

thats awful that you had to go so far to get a hb! mine was all for it, i thought i was going to have to fight but she was the one who brought it up first so was very happy.

It was at a NHS trust level they wanted to stop HBs. As it stands I was surprised my m/w said yes to HB as mine is a HBAC! Consultant not in favour but stuff them!

Consultants are rarely in favour lol. I got a shock when the one I saw for when Freya was high risk downs said it was brilliant and wished me luck! When I was transferred in the mw looking after me asked if I worked in a&e (I'm a nurse) I said no and told her where and said the consultant I was under recognised my name and said I was staff lol (got me a free side room for the night anyway ;-). )

Wow how fantastic the hospital there loans out birth pools!

I talked to "my" midwife yesterday evening.
I call her "my", because after this chat, I´m switching completely over to her.
She specializes in homebirths, hypnotherapy, has her own birthing pool (several sizes), and is prepared to give lotusbirth a go. She has heard of it, and is very positive we can do it.
She will have to draw a little blood from the placenta to determine the blood type of the baby, but otherwise, she doesn´t need to do anything with it :D

So happy, that all my dreams are coming true :happydance:

That all sounds amazing! Congratulations :D

Hiya! My laptop is fixed so I can get online again...yay!

I'm booked for a home birth (EDD 23rd September) and my midwife jumped for joy, and did a dance in her chair when I said I wanted a HB...BUT:

1) I'm moving house back to a different town at the end of this month, hopefully the new MWs will be as supportive of HB as these have been
2) I have very low iron (8.5) So hoping they're not going to try and stop me going for HB. I'm not going into hospital unless it's absolutely neccessary, I have decided this, so I don't want to be battling it!

Hiya! My laptop is fixed so I can get online again...yay!

I'm booked for a home birth (EDD 23rd September) and my midwife jumped for joy, and did a dance in her chair when I said I wanted a HB...BUT:

1) I'm moving house back to a different town at the end of this month, hopefully the new MWs will be as supportive of HB as these have been
2) I have very low iron (8.5) So hoping they're not going to try and stop me going for HB. I'm not going into hospital unless it's absolutely neccessary, I have decided this, so I don't want to be battling it!

I hope you get the home birth you´re hoping for :)

I know there are a few ladies in here who have had to transfer. I read this today and thought of you all.

https://www.whole-woman.com/index.php/a-birth/100-transferring-from-homebirth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"